None
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1573 posts
702 upvotes
Hamilton
SuckaB wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 9:35 am
man I suck at this game... can never figure out the bullet drop/delay and also hate the inventory management :(
I finally installed this and played two rounds yesterday, got 64/95 in my first game ever and 15/95 on the second run. The second round i barely ran into anyone but I landed at a fairly secluded part of the island. I had no clue what I was doing for either run lol.

I definitely see myself getting more into this, my heart was pounding like crazy close to the end when everyone was shuffled into the middle and you start hearing the bullets flying.
[OP]
May 7, 2006
301 posts
12 upvotes
SuckaB wrote:
man I suck at this game... can never figure out the bullet drop/delay and also hate the inventory management :(
your username checks out lol

jokes aside, you'll get better after a few/many rounds.. you get used to the controls and you start to understand how the bullet drop works after you practice with the same guns
Sep 6, 2009
252 posts
18 upvotes
GTA - West End
SuckaB wrote:
After taking a single shot, don't let go the the LMB. Hold it and you can see where your bullet hits. Trial & error from there. And don't forget to zero your distance when they're really far away.
Jul 5, 2017
38 posts
26 upvotes
V400 wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 10:56 am
After taking a single shot, don't let go the the LMB. Hold it and you can see where your bullet hits. Trial & error from there. And don't forget to zero your distance when they're really far away.
There's also some great youtube video's that help with tips and tricks on PUBG.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1573 posts
702 upvotes
Hamilton
Got my first squad chicken dinner a few nights ago. I haven't been this hooked on a multiplayer game since battlefield 1942.

Had some pretty epic vehicle combat in duos, high speed pursuit and we ended up killing the other guy on a motorcycle while in a buggy going at top speed. Was so epic. This game is like a weird hybrid of dayz meets minecraft.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3539 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
What settings are you guys running on? i've been told to do Very low except view distance and texture on high...any other recommendations?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1573 posts
702 upvotes
Hamilton
SuckaB wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 9:06 pm
What settings are you guys running on? i've been told to do Very low except view distance and texture on high...any other recommendations?
My setup is a GTX 1070 and a 1440p 144hz monitor so I like to run things at least 100fps or higher. Right now I get around 90ish which is pretty bad considering how low I've got my graphics.

Everything to very low, the only thing I don't have set low is anti-aliasing (high) and view distance (ultra). I like the edges to be smoother so I don't see movement that's graphics rendering, at least thats my logic. View distance is important. I pulled a guide if this helps at all.
Adjust the brightness to your preferred level. Find a good spot, so you are able to spot people in dark corners, etc.
Set Anti-Aliasing to Very Low. You can change this to a higher setting if you can’t play with flickering edges.
Set Shadows to Very Low. This will result in some blocky shadows indoors
Set Post-Processing to Very Low. This will increase visibility since there will be no more saturation and bloom.
Set Texture to anything you are comfortable with. Compare your FPS while changing this setting, as you might get a higher FPS on a higher setting due to CPU overload in the game’s current state. Some professionals argue that it’s harder to see enemies in high-quality textures.
Set Effects to Very Low. If you don’t want to sacrifice too much visibility, then this is one of the best settings to change for that purpose.
Set Foliage to Very Low. This will remove a lot of bushes and grass.
Set View Distance to Low. Having this setting on Low should cover a quarter of the map, which will be more than enough. Having it any higher will punish your FPS for no apparent gains. You can always change this setting if you’re on a sniper tower, if you want to of course.
Make sure MotionBlur is unchecked.
Reduce your Screen Scale to a number under 100 if you want higher FPS. If you have a good card, this setting should be at 100 to maintain good pixel quality.
Your text to link here...
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3539 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Dpack22 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 10:38 am
My setup is a GTX 1070 and a 1440p 144hz monitor so I like to run things at least 100fps or higher. Right now I get around 90ish which is pretty bad considering how low I've got my graphics.

Everything to very low, the only thing I don't have set low is anti-aliasing (high) and view distance (ultra). I like the edges to be smoother so I don't see movement that's graphics rendering, at least thats my logic. View distance is important. I pulled a guide if this helps at all.

Your text to link here...
Yea this game is SLOWLY being optimized. I pretty much have been using the same settings but I still get fps dips here and there.
May have to try to OC my cpu as they say that helps to smooth things over.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1573 posts
702 upvotes
Hamilton
SuckaB wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 10:42 am
Yea this game is SLOWLY being optimized. I pretty much have been using the same settings but I still get fps dips here and there.
May have to try to OC my cpu as they say that helps to smooth things over.
Ya mine dips to about 40-50 if the game gets pretty hectic. If I can run doom at 144fps at ultra i'm certain its just optimization issues with battlegrounds. Not like anyone is playing it for the graphics.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3539 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Dpack22 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 10:59 am
Ya mine dips to about 40-50 if the game gets pretty hectic. If I can run doom at 144fps at ultra i'm certain its just optimization issues with battlegrounds. Not like anyone is playing it for the graphics.
Pro streams use low/very low on pretty much everything.
I was watching Fatal1ty's Twitch yesterday and that's what he had too, though he did say he's running it on 980GTX.
Aug 6, 2017
2 posts
got my firs chicken dinner after 1.9 h of game play after that no luck but always in top 10
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
1728 posts
176 upvotes
Had the craziest chicken dinner last night. Random squad, no one had mics. We all dropped at the military base, my whole squad died almost instantly. Hopped on a bike and got the F outta there, went to the swamp and just looted and camped there. Got lucky with an airdrop. Circle ended up closing in around Gatka and just crawled my way to victory. Not the most exciting but when you're alone in a squad it's quite an achievement. Only had one kill which was a headshot to the final guy.
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2010
2049 posts
567 upvotes
Edmonton
This game might get me to buy an Xbox One. I love watching this game on Twitch/Youtube and really want to play it, but don't have a capable PC. Xbox One seems like the cheapest way to get into it.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4905 posts
1736 upvotes
Andrew765 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2017 1:43 pm
This game might get me to buy an Xbox One. I love watching this game on Twitch/Youtube and really want to play it, but don't have a capable PC. Xbox One seems like the cheapest way to get into it.
Well, it will play better on Xbox One X. I'll sell you my preorder for $1000. =)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5946 posts
777 upvotes
Grimsby
Andrew765 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2017 1:43 pm
Yeah this was a smart score for Microsoft right now, its a huge hit and the viral spread on the videos is insane. I can't believe Sony passed on it due to their weird "no early access" crap. Oh well their loss, this alone will sell systems in November.