None
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2010
2049 posts
567 upvotes
Edmonton
9394 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2017 4:13 pm
Well, it will play better on Xbox One X. I'll sell you my preorder for $1000. =)
Lol, I'd just build a PC at that price point.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8269 posts
625 upvotes
Toronto
I want to get this game but a ton of people are complaining now about how they're getting banned because of butthurt streamers complaining about stud that shouldn't matter
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1561 posts
682 upvotes
Hamilton
XtremeModder wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 11:21 am
I want to get this game but a ton of people are complaining now about how they're getting banned because of butthurt streamers complaining about stud that shouldn't matter
Probably a very vocal minority, the game has sold like 8m copies or something, I'd say it would be very unlikely to cross paths with a streamer.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2291 posts
117 upvotes
I'm running this on a Lenovo Y700.

Getting sub 50FPS running on very low settings except for Anti-Lansing at Medium
GTX 960M with 16GB Ram and an i7-6700HQ - does this sound right or is the game just not optimized?
Damage due to RFD Since April 2013: $3173.00
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
1908 posts
308 upvotes
blues45 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 8:50 pm

Getting sub 50FPS running on very low settings except for Anti-Lansing at Medium
GTX 960M with 16GB Ram and an i7-6700HQ - does this sound right or is the game just not optimized?
Well, it's still an early release beta....
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1561 posts
682 upvotes
Hamilton
blues45 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 8:50 pm

Ya it's rough right now. Everyone plays potato mode because better graphics = death. I hate that but what can you do. I feel like i'm playing the original counter strike.

Hopefully it will be optimized when its close to being done/finished. I have a GTX 1070 and I get around 90 FPS on a 1440p monitor with everything set to low (except AA and view distance)
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3220 posts
128 upvotes
Adelaide
XtremeModder wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 11:21 am
Some stream snipers have been banned for stream sniping and a bunch of the community thinks its stupid that streamers can get people banned when they are publicly streaming their game information so they raise a big stink over it. If you are not planning on stream sniping streamers you will be fine.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8269 posts
625 upvotes
Toronto
BongoBong wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 9:29 pm
Some stream snipers have been banned for stream sniping and a bunch of the community thinks its stupid that streamers can get people banned when they are publicly streaming their game information so they raise a big stink over it. If you are not planning on stream sniping streamers you will be fine.
I don't even know what stream sniping means haha
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3220 posts
128 upvotes
Adelaide
XtremeModder wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 9:41 pm
So streamers are publicly broadcasting them playing the game live (or close enough to it). So people will try and queue up for games at the same time as the streamer to get into the same game. When in the same game they will watch the streamers stream to find where they are and to go kill them, annoy them, talk to them, etc.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3186 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
XtremeModder wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 9:41 pm
Basically the 2017 online version of screen watching in N64 Goldeneye Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

It's really stupid though that they're complaining and getting people banned though. Streamsniping is lame, but the streamers themselves are profiting off of these streams too, and nobody's forcing them to stream their gameplay...
If this were a basketball game, and someone was actively showboating by telling their opponents on court what they're going to do, who they're going to pass to, when they're going to shoot, etc then that's on them.

Maybe Bluehole should just create Streamer-only servers, and anyone who gets upset about being streamsniped can join these servers with other streamers.
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8269 posts
625 upvotes
Toronto
M1GOmigs wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 9:48 am
Basically the 2017 online version of screen watching in N64 Goldeneye Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

It's really stupid though that they're complaining and getting people banned though. Streamsniping is lame, but the streamers themselves are profiting off of these streams too, and nobody's forcing them to stream their gameplay...
If this were a basketball game, and someone was actively showboating by telling their opponents on court what they're going to do, who they're going to pass to, when they're going to shoot, etc then that's on them.

Maybe Bluehole should just create Streamer-only servers, and anyone who gets upset about being streamsniped can join these servers with other streamers.
Makes sense.

I've also heard streamers are getting players banned for honking horns.

Apparently now there's a whole bunch of micro transaction stuff now that just really puts me off. It seems like the days are gone where you can't just buy a game without their being some sort of micro transaction junk
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3186 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
XtremeModder wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 10:25 am
Makes sense.

I've also heard streamers are getting players banned for honking horns.

Apparently now there's a whole bunch of micro transaction stuff now that just really puts me off. It seems like the days are gone where you can't just buy a game without their being some sort of micro transaction junk
Yeah, I heard from a podcast that a hot pink pair of short-shorts can go for several hundred real world dollars apparently?!
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5276 posts
1722 upvotes
Toronto
M1GOmigs wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 10:52 am
Yeah, I heard from a podcast that a hot pink pair of short-shorts can go for several hundred real world dollars apparently?!
jfc if that's true then some people have way too much money. We on RFD, can't relate
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8269 posts
625 upvotes
Toronto
M1GOmigs wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 10:52 am
Joking aside it just makes me think the game will turn into a pay to win type of deal. Wasn't that the case with H1Z1 or not so much?
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2011
1945 posts
1294 upvotes
Montreal
XtremeModder wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 11:13 am
Joking aside it just makes me think the game will turn into a pay to win type of deal. Wasn't that the case with H1Z1 or not so much?
As of right now, everything is cosmetic. If you think someone having paid for a different shirt gives them an advantage, then you're wrong. Everything that matters - weapons, armor, ammo, etc. - is found in game. Can it become pay to win? Maybe eventually. But right now, they have no effect on gameplay. Some people just run around in their underwear, armor, and helmet.

The only pay to win aspect of H1Z1 were personal airdrops. Basically, you would be able to call in an airdrop that could include weapons and stuff. Problem was that other people would see it arriving and can kill you and take it. I don't think personal airdrops are in the game anymore.