• Jul 15th, 2019 9:29 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
2340 posts
706 upvotes
Toronto, ON
l1197493 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 4:29 pm
This is what I was afraid of, I had to buy that BT adapter - $15 on ebay and then a PS matching "Grey" Xbox controller - $40 on Amazon

So an extra $55 because the cord on the controller doesn't reach my couch, it's like 5 feet too short, so I have no choice but to go wireless

BTW if you wanna do the mod thingy the easiest way to do it is cut a 1x1mm tin foil square and put in on some transparent tape. The transparent tape will be easier to handle then the small tinfoil and you can see through the tape to see exactly where the tinfoil is so you can place it exactly on the resisters with your bare hands or a computer screwdriver head.
It's cheaper to buy longer hdmi cable
Jun 16, 2009
958 posts
851 upvotes
boldventure wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 6:19 pm
It's cheaper to buy longer hdmi cable
I've used an HDMI coupler to hook up two cables to my NES Classic. Ebay sells them, have also seen at non-Dollarama dollar stoes.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9788 posts
1238 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 1:18 pm
Simple USB Current Limiter Override

This is so dead simple I may end up doing it. Also going to post #2.
Is this safe and reliable for the console itself? Don't want to do this and then kill the system quickly after.

Then again I should probably tryout the USB stick I bought first beforehand.
Apr 28, 2019
1 posts
3 upvotes
l1197493 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 4:29 pm
So an extra $55 because the cord on the controller doesn't reach my couch, it's like 5 feet too short, so I have no choice but to go wireless
Hello long time lurker first time poster if anyone else encounters an issue with the controller wire being short, you can open the controller and replace the cable with any standard USB to micro usb cable. The wire is not actually soldered to the internals of the controller, just open, unplug the microsd end, add new wire, and close controller very easy, and very cheap on Amazon for 10ft or more usb to microusb cable. Hope this helps anyone with this issue.
Dec 8, 2009
230 posts
102 upvotes
My G35 arrived today. Loaded it up and played some NES, SNES, Genesis, 32x, SEGA CD and PlayStation. All working with zero issues so far. Will update if I run into any issues down the line.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3100 posts
566 upvotes
Toronto
would people say this is on par with the original xbox as far as emulation goes ?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8655 posts
8819 upvotes
dchabby wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 10:18 pm
would people say this is on par with the original xbox as far as emulation goes ?
The original Xbox wasn't able to emulate Dreamcast, to my knowledge.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9788 posts
1238 upvotes
Toronto
TempletonPeck wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 8:38 pm
My G35 arrived today. Loaded it up and played some NES, SNES, Genesis, 32x, SEGA CD and PlayStation. All working with zero issues so far. Will update if I run into any issues down the line.
Do you use the ps1 controller for everything or can we use alternatives
Dec 8, 2009
230 posts
102 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote:
Apr 30th, 2019 10:16 am
Do you use the ps1 controller for everything or can we use alternatives
I'm using the PS1 controllers that came with it since it works for everything I'm playing. However, you can plug in just about any USB controller and it should work if you don't like the controllers it comes with.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8655 posts
8819 upvotes
Playstation Classic Running Dreamcast - 'Beast Mode' Activated

More fairly smooth Dreamcast gameplay on the Playstation Classic.

We're just a few software updates away from comfortably smooth gameplay across the Dreamcast library on the PSC, based on the estimation of some developers.

Let's hope the Sandisk B35/G35 64GB USB drive will be enough space for these Dreamcast + the dozen other console library games to be loaded on this understated monster.

Alternatively, USB modding the PSC and getting this puppy may be necessary:
SanDisk 256GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Drive
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
16106 posts
4183 upvotes
As per the other thread, you can use microSD cards to hold the emulator and ROMs. Tried this with the Transcend microSD 128 GB cards we got last year. Going to try with the Lexar 64 GB 633x cards from Best Buy that are currently on sale for $17.58. These cards are very low current devices as they were meant for digital cameras and phones and so, not power hungry. Just need to find a working hub for adding more controllers. So far, the cheapie one from The Source doesn't work, nor does my older 4 port USB 2.0 hub from Dollarama. But I have lots more to test...

PS The only thing about using the camera flash RAM is you have to find adapters that will fit. Luckily, Lexar had some included with older 16 and 32 GB cards from a couple years ago. Unfortunately though, those don't seem to be available anymore. ..
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8655 posts
8819 upvotes
CHEATS

Cheaters are vile creatures, but when you're free-wheeling on old school games, it's sometimes nice to cheat your way into areas of the game you might otherwise have to grind through. We're not tweens with unlimited time, like we once were.

There's some live guidance provided for enabling cheating on AutoBleem:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PlaystationCla ... autobleem/

Related Videos

I've added this post and more to the Cheats section of post #2:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/playstat ... #p30824164
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
16106 posts
4183 upvotes
Just a note to be careful with the flash RAM cards. My buds scrambled a card so it will now not load because they connected it with the power on the unit. Pull the power and then insert the card, then reapply the power just to keep it safe.
Feb 2, 2017
339 posts
348 upvotes
rjt290 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 4:54 pm
Hello long time lurker first time poster if anyone else encounters an issue with the controller wire being short, you can open the controller and replace the cable with any standard USB to micro usb cable. The wire is not actually soldered to the internals of the controller, just open, unplug the microsd end, add new wire, and close controller very easy, and very cheap on Amazon for 10ft or more usb to microusb cable. Hope this helps anyone with this issue.
Nice find!

I actually like the feel of the controller buttons myself. Might get a longer braided micro usb cable for emergencies or see how theses controllers work on PC