• Jul 15th, 2019 9:29 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8740 posts
8874 upvotes
rdrexman wrote:
May 6th, 2019 2:02 pm
How to we update this 128Gb version with subsequent releases of autobleem/retroarch?
128gb is not a version, he's simply using a 128gb USB stick.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9791 posts
1238 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote:
May 6th, 2019 2:18 pm
Theres downloadable builds floating around out there I'm pretty sure.

Im looking for a 64gb one.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9791 posts
1238 upvotes
Toronto
l1197493 wrote:
May 3rd, 2019 11:26 am
Did you guys do the power mod thingy? Cause usually memory cards go into write protect mode to protect the data when there is a catastrophic event like its writing and suddenly fails. Then sometimes the card cannot be written on again, only read. So the low power isn't really good.

The mod is pretty easy, you can see it below, I did this with my bare fingers and I have huge fingers so I think anyone can do it. You just have to make sure you use a reputable brand tape like 3m or something cause the main thing is the quality of the adhesive. If it's a non reputable brand the adhesive with go into meltdown mode during heat and leave sticky residue. The Playstation Classic doesn't get hot though, but you should still use quality brand tape

I also got a grey xbox controller for $40 on amazon, the grey is ok, its not a perfect match to the playstation grey but still better than any other color

I would highly recommend anyone doing the power mod to strictly use solder. I haven't even opened my Ps classic yet but when I do the first thing I'm doing is the power mod.
Sep 25, 2007
474 posts
170 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
May 6th, 2019 2:18 pm
Right. The question was more along the lines, using this particular build (the 128Gb floating around), how would one keep autobleem/retroarch up to date?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8740 posts
8874 upvotes
rdrexman wrote:
May 6th, 2019 2:59 pm
Right. The question was more along the lines, using this particular build (the 128Gb floating around), how would one keep autobleem/retroarch up to date?
I don't think AutoBleem auto-updates at this point, as they haven't perfected Wifi USB adapter support yet. You'd probably have to manually update the files on your USB key.

I'd normally wait on my updates until a major release hits.
Feb 2, 2017
348 posts
348 upvotes
I got that controller adapter thingy, it only took like 1 week from China for some reason so about the same speed as Amazon

The wireless controller with thumbstick makes a huge difference, it's like a totally new experience, I guess cause it's more natural even for games made for the direction pad and the arcades usually used a joystick

Also overlays with scanlines make a huge difference in making the graphics look better even on a big screen, I made a pack here for most of the systems with dark scanlines and light scanlines cause I think this thing can only do overlays so I just added the scanlines into the overlays
https://ufile.io/0nxsr29x

It works pretty good! I recommend a wireless controller with thumbstick!

TBH I think all of the cartridge-based roms for every game ever made would fit on less than 10GB thumbdrive, it's just the disc games that they started getting huge

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8740 posts
8874 upvotes
If they had sold this as an 'Open' Playstation Classic for modders, it would've sold well at $80.

Instead we've turned their $20 PSC into a rock-solid multi-platform emulator with a massive potential game library.

Never ceases to amaze me.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9791 posts
1238 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote:
May 8th, 2019 2:54 pm
1TB HDD on Playstation Classic (USB Power Modded)

Spoiler Alert: It works great! 715.5 GB and counting.
So I power modded my PS Classic. Yes Port 2 still works as I tested a controller in it.

Anyways, I have a USB3.1 flash drive (64GB), it's a Kingston DT50

I put the bleemsync files on it nothing else yet and when I put it in port 2, plug the power in, nothing happens, just boots into the normal PS Classic setup...

Anyone had this problem?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8740 posts
8874 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote:
May 9th, 2019 7:35 pm
So I power modded my PS Classic. Yes Port 2 still works as I tested a controller in it.

Anyways, I have a USB3.1 flash drive (64GB), it's a Kingston DT50

I put the bleemsync files on it nothing else yet and when I put it in port 2, plug the power in, nothing happens, just boots into the normal PS Classic setup...

Anyone had this problem?
My first thoughts:
1) BleemSync is more finicky.
2) Did you use the right app to format the drive and labeling it SONY (app is named somewhere in this thread).
3) Why not try AutoBleem to ensure it responds properly after the mod?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9791 posts
1238 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote:
May 9th, 2019 7:41 pm
My first thoughts:
1) BleemSync is more finicky.
2) Did you use the right app to format the drive and labeling it SONY (app is named somewhere in this thread).
3) Why not try AutoBleem to ensure it responds properly after the mod?
Still nothing, just tried autobleem-0.6.0-b2-full.zip and still nothing, does it matter that I can only format as exFat or NTFS? (I'm using exfat)

Edit: Found the program to force it to format as fat32 and now it works!

Finally. Now to figure out getting retroarch installed and to try out a segacd game i've wanted to play for awhile.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8740 posts
8874 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote:
May 9th, 2019 7:57 pm
Still nothing, just tried autobleem-0.6.0-b2-full.zip and still nothing, does it matter that I can only format as exFat or NTFS? (I'm using exfat)
exFAT should work. Is it possible you just have an incompatible USB drive?

No mention of your drive on the subreddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PlaystationCla ... trict_sr=1

This ghostly random document I found on the internet also seems ambivalent on the DT50:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1773421852

It seems likes the DT50 works with a powered USB, it's also possible your power mod failed and it's not getting enough juice.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9791 posts
1238 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote:
May 9th, 2019 8:07 pm
exFAT should work. Is it possible you just have an incompatible USB drive?

No mention of your drive on the subreddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PlaystationCla ... trict_sr=1

This ghostly random document I found on the internet also seems ambivalent on the DT50:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1773421852

It seems likes the DT50 works with a powered USB, it's also possible your power mod failed and it's not getting enough juice.
Worked perfectly fine after formatting as FAT32 and then loading everything on.

Now if I could only get sega cd games to work...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8740 posts
8874 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote:
May 9th, 2019 8:37 pm
Worked perfectly fine after formatting as FAT32 and then loading everything on.

Now if I could only get sega cd games to work...
HOW TO | Running Sega CD on Your Playstation Classic

Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9791 posts
1238 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote:
May 9th, 2019 9:21 pm
HOW TO | Running Sega CD on Your Playstation Classic

Followed this exact guide earlier.

After converting to chd they don't even show up on retroarch at all. If I leave them as bin/cue they show up but won't load. Very frustrating.