[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8890 posts
9026 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote:
May 9th, 2019 9:35 pm
Followed this exact guide earlier.

After converting to chd they don't even show up on retroarch at all. If I leave them as bin/cue they show up but won't load. Very frustrating.
We'll need to poll the audience, then.

This is the only other thing I found:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PlaystationCla ... retroarch/
Dec 8, 2009
230 posts
103 upvotes
To get SEGA CD games to run you do need to drop the BIOS files into your RetroArch system folder. I couldn't get any SEGA CD games to run at first, then remembered about the BIOS files and now I have no problem playing SEGA CD games. I did not convert them to another format either, just left them as bin files.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9791 posts
1238 upvotes
Toronto
TempletonPeck wrote:
May 9th, 2019 10:50 pm
To get SEGA CD games to run you do need to drop the BIOS files into your RetroArch system folder. I couldn't get any SEGA CD games to run at first, then remembered about the BIOS files and now I have no problem playing SEGA CD games. I did not convert them to another format either, just left them as bin files.
Usually I have no problems setting stuff like this up but it seems like it's one thing after another doing this

finally got one Sega cd game going, hopefully from now on things go smoothly, tried one game for a minute and not sure what buttons are what compared to the normal controller. Was playing an FMV game where I had to hit right on the dpad and it wasn't working but whatever. Glad to see how much work is being done on this PS Classic. Sony must be happy there's a good reason to buy the console now.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8890 posts
9026 upvotes
Sega CD was a victim of three things in it's time:
1) Lack of Developers
2) Being Sandwiched between Console Releases
3) Un-optimized Games (Load times weren't great) [see (1)]

Otherwise, it's a great little console library, not unlike Sega Dreamcast.
Nov 12, 2012
95 posts
27 upvotes
BINBROOK
I read the majority of this, but a few questions I still have:

Do you need to physically modify the inside/board of the PSC, or can it strictly be done using an USB?

Does Autobleem allow for different platform games or do you need to add retoarch to the Autobleem folder?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8890 posts
9026 upvotes
hob2008 wrote:
May 10th, 2019 1:50 pm
Do you need to physically modify the inside/board of the PSC, or can it strictly be done using an USB?
USB. Though Power Mod is a simple and convenient fix for additional USB power.
Does Autobleem allow for different platform games or do you need to add Retoarch to the Autobleem folder?
RetroArch.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3926 posts
907 upvotes
Charlottetown
i have an SD adapter and was wondering if this would work with PSC? i really know nothing about this kind of stuff and figure this is the 1st step https://m.newegg.ca/product/N82E1682024 ... c40a240610 if i use a micro sd i won't have to worry about power, right (hardware hack, powered USB hub, etc)? i figure i might as well get the 128 GB over the 64 GB so i can (hopefully) add Sega Genesis platform too.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8890 posts
9026 upvotes
townie22 wrote:
May 13th, 2019 9:45 am
i have an SD adapter and was wondering if this would work with PSC? i really know nothing about this kind of stuff and figure this is the 1st step https://m.newegg.ca/product/N82E1682024 ... c40a240610 if i use a micro sd i won't have to worry about power, right (hardware hack, powered USB hub, etc)? i figure i might as well get the 128 GB over the 64 GB so i can (hopefully) add Sega Genesis platform too.
It should work, microSD cards are low power consumption.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8890 posts
9026 upvotes
I kind of wish this was still in Computers and Electronics. This forum is quite niche and low traffic... but it seems like the right sub-forum so I respect the decision.

In any case, I will keep the updates rolling.
Oct 22, 2017
48 posts
22 upvotes
townie22 wrote: i have an SD adapter and was wondering if this would work with PSC? i really know nothing about this kind of stuff and figure this is the 1st step https://m.newegg.ca/product/N82E1682024 ... c40a240610 if i use a micro sd i won't have to worry about power, right (hardware hack, powered USB hub, etc)? i figure i might as well get the 128 GB over the 64 GB so i can (hopefully) add Sega Genesis platform too.
I’m using a 64gb micro sd card with an old USB adapter I found lying around and it works fine.
Jan 1, 2005
790 posts
428 upvotes
Montreal
Yannick Bélanger assembled another awesome build for the PSC, this time with PS games only:

Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4763 posts
3533 upvotes
Toronto
Big news!

BleemSync 1.1 has been released and apparently has rear OTG support, among other changes: https://modmyclassic.com/bleemsync/

https://old.reddit.com/r/classicmods/co ... lassiccom/
BleemSync 1.1 provides an updated payload along with a custom kernel. Together these enable OTG Support for your console. Once installed properly you can plug your OTG adapter into the rear of the console and connect your usb drive directly to the OTG adapter freeing up the front controller ports and bypassing the power issues of the console.

You should now be able to use an OTG adapter and pretty much any USB drive now! While leaving controller 2 available & no need for any hardware power mods!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2517 posts
799 upvotes
Chatham
Great forum!! I have a question:

I am using a 5V 1.0 amp power adapter I found lying around since that is the suggested stats to use of the PSC. BUT now for OTG I just noticed it says this on the PSC reddit "With OTG, just like doing the power mod, we highly recommend using a 2 amp power supply at a minimum. If you use a 500 mAh power supply you will run into problems."

What do you guys use? Are you finding or buying a new one?

I found this on amazon
USB Wall Charger