• Jul 15th, 2019 9:29 pm
Jan 1, 2005
790 posts
428 upvotes
Montreal
zentro wrote:
May 24th, 2019 10:45 am
Big news!

BleemSync 1.1 has been released and apparently has rear OTG support, among other changes: https://modmyclassic.com/bleemsync/

https://old.reddit.com/r/classicmods/co ... lassiccom/

You should now be able to use an OTG adapter and pretty much any USB drive now! While leaving controller 2 available & no need for any hardware power mods!

Noice! I already modded mine, but it's great to have more options. If anybody tried it yet, your feedback would be appreciated.
Jan 1, 2005
790 posts
428 upvotes
Montreal
Tibbs wrote:
May 24th, 2019 9:38 pm
Great forum!! I have a question:

I am using a 5V 1.0 amp power adapter I found lying around since that is the suggested stats to use of the PSC. BUT now for OTG I just noticed it says this on the PSC reddit "With OTG, just like doing the power mod, we highly recommend using a 2 amp power supply at a minimum. If you use a 500 mAh power supply you will run into problems."

What do you guys use? Are you finding or buying a new one?

I found this on amazon
USB Wall Charger

I use a 5V 2.4A charger from Primecables. I think they were 2 for $4 last Black Friday. Any 2A or more 5V charger / PSU will work. You should have a few of those lying around from old phones or tablets. Also I think Dollarama carry a 2A one for $4.
Jan 1, 2005
790 posts
428 upvotes
Montreal
Here's how to install the new BleemSync version with OTG support and still use AutoBleem after while:

Feb 2, 2017
350 posts
348 upvotes
Hey guys, i actually found one of those cables laying around, I guess maybe someone gave it to me a few years ago, I can't remember

But anyways I hooked it up and I can say that with the cable it can support once unsupported USB 3 drives!

But I would honestly only recommend using USB 2.0 hard drives because flash drives run like molasses. I found an old 320GB hard drive laying around and yes the cable powers the hard drive enclosure so I didn't need any power other then the usb cable to power the hard drive!

I might make a micro stand for the Playstation Classic so I can put the hard drive below it or something, but I'm not sure how the stand should look cosmetically
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4763 posts
3533 upvotes
Toronto
Got one of the OTG adapters today, but there is a big problem....Face With Tears Of Joy

OTG adapter that goes toward the left will not be possible to use, because once HDMI and OTG adapter are connected, the HDMI cable perfectly blocks the OTG USB slot, so you have no space to insert anything. Should of seen it coming, here is a picture I took.

I still have a cable version coming, that one should work.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2515 posts
799 upvotes
Chatham
zentro wrote:
May 29th, 2019 3:21 pm
Got one of the OTG adapters today, but there is a big problem....Face With Tears Of Joy

OTG adapter that goes toward the left will not be possible to use, because once HDMI and OTG adapter are connected, the HDMI cable perfectly blocks the OTG USB slot, so you have no space to insert anything. Should of seen it coming, here is a picture I took.

I still have a cable version coming, that one should work.
Yeah the OTG adapters come in Left and Right. lol. The one you show in the picture is usable on the SNES Classics for OTG!
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4763 posts
3533 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah I know, I ordered 2 types anyways. Didn't think it through. Technically it was free with an ebay coupon.

The second is this style, so I think it should work, but waiting to get it.
Feb 2, 2017
350 posts
348 upvotes
I think that's the same cable I have!

It powers both the playstation and an external hard drive!

BTW I found a mini cabinet for the playstation, $2 at dollarama and it holds an external hard drive and you can run cables through it because of how its designed to keep the drive hidden. The playstation then just sits on top of the mini cabinet as seen below. The cabinet can also store the playstation and its cables along with 1 controller if you travel or put it away in storage

Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2515 posts
799 upvotes
Chatham
l1197493 wrote:
May 29th, 2019 11:54 pm
I think that's the same cable I have!

It powers both the playstation and an external hard drive!

BTW I found a mini cabinet for the playstation, $2 at dollarama and it holds an external hard drive and you can run cables through it because of how its designed to keep the drive hidden. The playstation then just sits on top of the mini cabinet as seen below. The cabinet can also store the playstation and its cables along with 1 controller if you travel or put it away in storage

Can you give us a pic of the mini cabinet thing? I'm interested...
Feb 2, 2017
350 posts
348 upvotes
Tibbs wrote:
May 30th, 2019 3:27 pm
Can you give us a pic of the mini cabinet thing? I'm interested...
Yeah sure.

Guys, I highly recommend using a usb 2.0 2.5" external hard drive! It's a game changer and dirt cheap! I'm using a white one here with a short usb cable

Behind with white usb cable running through the cabinet to the hard drive sitting inside

External hard drive inside. You can kinda see the white usb cable running to the outside

Everything inside the cabinet. Cables, dongle, playstation, hard drive and controller

Jan 1, 2005
790 posts
428 upvotes
Montreal
l1197493 wrote:
May 30th, 2019 4:07 pm
Everything inside the cabinet. Cables, dongle, playstation, hard drive and controller

What are the approximate dimensions of that basket?
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4763 posts
3533 upvotes
Toronto
^ that looks like a pretty sweet setup
Feb 2, 2017
350 posts
348 upvotes
mouf wrote:
May 30th, 2019 4:22 pm
What are the approximate dimensions of that basket?
I'm not at home now but its maybe 1 to 1.5 inches longer then the playstation and maybe 4 centimetres wider then the playstation (approximately)
Jan 1, 2005
790 posts
428 upvotes
Montreal
l1197493 wrote:
May 30th, 2019 6:46 pm
I'm not at home now but its maybe 1 to 1.5 inches longer then the playstation and maybe 4 centimetres wider then the playstation (approximately)
Hey thanks. I asked to be sure to pick the right one while at Dollarama, but as it turns out there's only 2 sizes lol. As a bonus I found an old 300GB laptop pullout I had and put it in an enclosure. Happy camper.
Feb 23, 2015
129 posts
25 upvotes
Hampstead, QC
where did you guys get OTG USB adapter? I couldn’t find it on PrimeCables and shipping from Ebay takes forever. Thanks.