Playstation Classic - Homebrewing

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2019 12:47 pm
Mar 30, 2019
35 posts
24 upvotes
Melkor wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 4:01 pm
I've had good results with Genesis games and 32X today as well as adding more PS1 games. Brought back lots of memories playing Tony Hawk 2 earlier today! I'm planning on trying to load on some SegaCD games, but it seems a little more complex. I have to order a hub. This is a great unit. I can't wait till the full release of AutoBleem. I initially started with Bleemsync, but it's too much work.
Glad to hear of your successes. I'm waiting on some gear before I can dive in. I look forward to playing all of my Sega favourites without hooking up "The Tower of Power." I really would like to get Mame working too. Absolute bonus if it supports a mouse for lightgun games like T2: Arcade.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4379 posts
2349 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
CameraBill wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 8:33 pm
Bizarre to think anybody browsing this post doesn't already have a PC or another appliance that is superior to this thing to emulate old systems.
I have a PC with a GTX1070 running an Oculus Rift in my ice cold, unfinished basement.

Console gaming in my comfortable, warm living room is and always will be my gaming preference. That, and I love tinkering with these mini consoles. I'm an owner of the first release NES Classic, SNES Classic, PS Classic and have a preorder for the Sega Genesis classic. I love these mini consoles.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4379 posts
2349 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
GeraldoRei wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 4:12 pm
Glad to hear of your successes. I'm waiting on some gear before I can dive in. I look forward to playing all of my Sega favourites without hooking up "The Tower of Power." I really would like to get Mame working too. Absolute bonus if it supports a mouse for lightgun games like T2: Arcade.
I've always had trouble with MAME. I've not really spent much time with it in recent years. I had a decent setup about 12-15 years ago on my old PC. I loved the old beat em ups like TMNT, Simpsons and WWF Wrestlefest
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
9572 posts
9717 upvotes
Thundercloud wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 10:26 am
Wait, what? Not that I care, but I provide the product description of the hub I'm using and you credit him?
My bad, I'll credit you and credit him on the assist.

You gents amuse me.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4379 posts
2349 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I have a question. Is this an either or scenario here:

Option 1: buy USB hub for controllers
Option 2: buy 8bitdo adapter and connect two wireless controllers to it?

Or, do I need a hub regardless?
Jan 1, 2005
793 posts
432 upvotes
Montreal
Any luck getting your USB3.0 drives to work, guys? Some reddit posters mention success with some drives.
Oct 13, 2009
997 posts
630 upvotes
Would also like to know this.

I think you'd need the hub regardless because you need to plug in the USB already.
Melkor wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 5:15 pm
I have a question. Is this an either or scenario here:

Option 1: buy USB hub for controllers
Option 2: buy 8bitdo adapter and connect two wireless controllers to it?

Or, do I need a hub regardless?
:rolleyes:
Oct 13, 2009
997 posts
630 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 11:46 pm
Forbidden discussion topic.
What if I own the games but would like an easy way to download them without having to rip/convert?
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1024 posts
371 upvotes
GTA, ON
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 9:31 am
Also great choice with external power supply. Added to the list on post two, I'll credit you.
Noob question- why is a usb hub required?

edit: looks like its been asked before, but I am still clueless why it's needed..I remember reading elsewhere that a usb flash drive is enough?
Nov 17, 2014
175 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
Which is the best classic retro system to get? I guess there's no way to put nes games on the PS classic. So is best option to get the snes classic and ps classic and hack them both to get all the games u want?
Oct 13, 2009
997 posts
630 upvotes
wolfpack27616 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 7:36 pm
Noob question- why is a usb hub required?

edit: looks like its been asked before, but I am still clueless why it's needed..I remember reading elsewhere that a usb flash drive is enough?
a *powered USB hub is needed if you want to play with multiple controllers. Autobleem will need one USB port, which leaves only 1 usb port . It is also good to use a *powered USB hub because the USB ports sometimes don't supply enough power to an external hard drive which can cause your games to crash.
Oct 13, 2009
997 posts
630 upvotes
TriftyTings wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 7:42 pm
Which is the best classic retro system to get? I guess there's no way to put nes games on the PS classic. So is best option to get the snes classic and ps classic and hack them both to get all the games u want?
If you bothered to read the thread, you would know that it is definitely possible to run NES, SNES and more games on the PS classic. Refer to video 1 and 4 on how to do it.
Nov 17, 2014
175 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
D0ntgiveajack wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 8:15 pm
If you bothered to read the thread, you would know that it is definitely possible to run NES, SNES and more games on the PS classic. Refer to video 1 and 4 on how to do it.
Thank you
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1947 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
Looking good!!! :)
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data