Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Driveclub PS4 - Free DLC!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2015 6:31 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1995 posts
1588 upvotes
Quebec City
Looks like the dlc aren't free anymore... Hopefully for me, I wasn't able to purchase the game few moments ago... I Wonder why...
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1499 posts
4660 upvotes
Toronto
MercadorHG wrote: Looks like the dlc aren't free anymore... Hopefully for me, I wasn't able to purchase the game few moments ago... I Wonder why...
Yeah looks like it. Only the Ignition pack remains free.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1056 posts
370 upvotes
Damn! I really procrastinated on this one. I just bought Driveclub tonight with the intent of getting all of the free DLC, but now I am too late.
Banned
Dec 17, 2012
2084 posts
277 upvotes
TORONTO
Angultra wrote: Wonder if these will work with the PS+ version when it comes out? Added them anyway.
Nope. If you download a demo for any other game, and then buy DLC, it won't work with the demo.
Feb 2, 2013
464 posts
449 upvotes
Salmon Arm, BC
Hiitsdj wrote: Nope. If you download a demo for any other game, and then buy DLC, it won't work with the demo.
This one might be different though. The PS Plus version of the game was designed to be more than a demo. The idea was that you get this base version of the game and can buy add-ons for it. So it's very likely that these will work on whatever version they eventually release.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Thanks OP, I was missing two of those add-ons.

FYI, the Logitech claims that the G25/G27 won't work with a PS4 has been a lie!
I've been testing this game on the PS4 with my Logitech G25 wheel & CronusMAX Plus adapter and it works really well (minus FFB).
Better lap times than I was getting with the DS4 gamepad.
In fact, the CronusMAX allows using the G25/G27 with a PS3,PS4,Xbox One & Xbox 360.

So don't fall into the trap of needing multiple wheels for each system.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
The second 2 links in the OP, are showing $5.99 each for me.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2002
2552 posts
403 upvotes
Durham Region
Is there a specific tutorial you used to set it up correctly? i bought one a few weeks ago for this specific reason but haven't cracked it open yet. i watched a few videos and there seems to be some lag, hoping its not true by the sound of your endorsement :)
Woah! wrote: Thanks OP, I was missing two of those add-ons.

FYI, the Logitech claims that the G25/G27 won't work with a PS4 has been a lie!
I've been testing this game on the PS4 with my Logitech G25 wheel & CronusMAX Plus adapter and it works really well (minus FFB).
Better lap times than I was getting with the DS4 gamepad.
In fact, the CronusMAX allows using the G25/G27 with a PS3,PS4,Xbox One & Xbox 360.

So don't fall into the trap of needing multiple wheels for each system.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1733 posts
789 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote: The second 2 links in the OP, are showing $5.99 each for me.
Same here. Did we miss it? Of those three links only the Ignition Expansion Pack is free.
Penalty Box
May 12, 2011
3407 posts
487 upvotes
North Vancouver
mumbles wrote: Same here. Did we miss it? Of those three links only the Ignition Expansion Pack is free.
U missed it. Sony has fixed it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
ATLien69 wrote: Is there a specific tutorial you used to set it up correctly? i bought one a few weeks ago for this specific reason but haven't cracked it open yet. i watched a few videos and there seems to be some lag, hoping its not true by the sound of your endorsement :)
Nope!
I just loaded the software & plug-ins onto a laptop,along with the Logitech Profiler software and followed the CronusMAX instructions for using a G25/G27 wheel on any of the 4 consoles.
There are a lot of available tweaks and button remapping you can do for each game, but once it's setup to your liking you're good to go.
If there's any lag it's not affecting my enjoyment of the games.

I'm not a total nitpicking diehard sim guy, so perhaps that demographic may not be happy with such a device.
Being able to use almost any steering wheel, with any system still blows my mind.
Sitting in my racing seat, and using my G25 setup with both Xbox's and the PS4, knowing that I really shouldn't be able to, gives me a big sh!t eating grin. :razz:

Plus, I'm disgusted with how the console, peripheral and software manufacturers handle the lockdowns / lockouts of USB devices like steering wheels.
Nothing but a ca$h grab.
For $200-$1000+ steering wheels aren't cheap, and should neither be console nor generation specific.

Here's a link to the Racing Wheel Forums over at CronusMAX's website.
http://controllermax.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=317

Here's a setup guide for the Logitech wheels.
http://controllermax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147080

Good Luck!
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2002
2552 posts
403 upvotes
Durham Region
That sounds good, I'm not a die hard sim guy either but do have a WRC branded playseat with the G25 and shifter :) Would love to try next gen games with my setup. I'll open this bad boy up and see what happens.
Woah! wrote: Nope!
I just loaded the software & plug-ins onto a laptop,along with the Logitech Profiler software and followed the CronusMAX instructions for using a G25/G27 wheel on any of the 4 consoles.
There are a lot of available tweaks and button remapping you can do for each game, but once it's setup to your liking you're good to go.
If there's any lag it's not affecting my enjoyment of the games.

I'm not a total nitpicking diehard sim guy, so perhaps that demographic may not be happy with such a device.
Being able to use almost any steering wheel, with any system still blows my mind.
Sitting in my racing seat, and using my G25 setup with both Xbox's and the PS4, knowing that I really shouldn't be able to, gives me a big sh!t eating grin. :razz:

Plus, I'm disgusted with how the console, peripheral and software manufactures handle the lockdowns / lockouts of USB devices like steering wheels.
Nothing but a ca$h grab.
For $200-$1000+ steering wheels aren't cheap, and should neither be console nor generation specific.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2009
2028 posts
545 upvotes
MTL
Sharks316 wrote: U missed it. Sony has fixed it.
Wow, they fixed that in three days, yet took FIVE WEEKS to fix the stupid Hatsune Miku season pass issue...
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
1783 posts
540 upvotes
I missed out these but grabbed the PS+ version this morning from my PS4. Interesting that on the purchase page, the only add-ons now listed (3 in total) are a free Mercedes and the Season's pass. None of these other packs are there.

P.S. I can still get to them from the web portal but not the console.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
I just tried downloading the PS+ version (it's located in the "demos" section as a full game trial).
It wouldn't let me unless I deleted my previous game data because I already own the disc version.
Thought it might be good for those times I just wanted a quick race or pick up and play before bed or something.

Can't be bothered, since it can't run independently alongside the full retail version.
Great game none the less.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2517 posts
896 upvotes
So if I had got these DLC's (which I did), can I use them with the PS+ edition?
Dec 3, 2011
781 posts
194 upvotes
Vancouver
So is the game really fixed? What's the difference between the PS plus edition and buying the full game?
Jun 30, 2011
197 posts
50 upvotes
Raimond wrote: So if I had got these DLC's (which I did), can I use them with the PS+ edition?
I downloaded the Ignition pack this morning and when I tried the game this afternoon, it was locked. Maybe once online is activated the dlc's can be used?