Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Playstation store

Playstation store flash sale - under $5

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2018 9:14 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2008
5064 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
what's the most AAA game on the list thats ACTUALLY worth playing and not on pc (ahem LOL).

im thinking order 1866
hows the sword art online game? I really liked the anime.
Current KOODO customer😎
Jul 23, 2011
974 posts
850 upvotes
NORTH YORK
randomkidx wrote: im thinking order 1866
Get that if you haven't played through it yet.

People who paid 60 bucks for it at launch had a right to be ticked off. It's 6 hours and very linear. There's literally nothing left to do after that point.

For 5 bucks or so, it's well worth a play, however. The game is gorgeous, and while the game play is derivative, it's fun enough for a quiet afternoon.
Sep 6, 2016
4 posts
3 upvotes
x8ssJoe wrote: Thank you for your input.
If I can just offer a different review:
Playing Monopoly on PS4 can be nice if you are playing with, say, one friend and you want to add some AIs to make the game more interesting. (Can play with up to 6 players like original game.) Played last night with my wife and we had a good time. Also, for me at least, not having to count through cash or do any math was nice. Although I do wish there was a way to turn off animations as I don't really care too much to watch the dice roll or the pieces move lol.
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10596 posts
15787 upvotes
GT-EH
Bought Life is Strange Complete Season (PS3) for $2.
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Sep 5, 2006
656 posts
479 upvotes
Calgary
Great prices for Jackbox games. Fibbage and Quiplash are fantastic party games.
May 18, 2006
952 posts
401 upvotes
anyone else finding the playstation web store incredibly slow and overall broken the last couple sales? Items not loading, out of order, pages being skipped.
Apr 12, 2005
853 posts
4753 upvotes
Store on the PS4 is fine, along with the mobile app. Their web page has been busted since the 2nd last week or so of their Holiday Sale. Heck, it says that sale is still on :) Time to hire some new devs ...
PSN: sixb0nes
Jul 23, 2011
974 posts
850 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Deusfaux wrote: anyone else finding the playstation web store incredibly slow and overall broken the last couple sales? Items not loading, out of order, pages being skipped.
It's been awful. Moreover, I got charged 39.99 for Farming Simulator on Friday afternoon, even though it was clearly listed as on sale for 9.99. Eventually got my money back, but the amount of brokering I had to do with the playstation cs agents was ridiculous given how obvious the error was.

Never did end up getting to buy the game, since I have to wait 4 days for the refund to go through, and the sale will be long gone by then.

My best guess is that a higher power saw the size of my backlog and said 'we're going to create some technical problems so you can't actually buy the game.' Makes sense to me.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1466 posts
2212 upvotes
Toronto
Picked up the order 1886, LBP 3, and Knowledge is power for $17ish total. Happy with this, as i was gonna pay someone $10 alone for Order 1886
Oct 19, 2011
302 posts
377 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: The sequels Parappa the Rapper 2 and Um Jammer Lammy are atrociously bad compared to the first one however. Avoid those ones.
I couldn't disagree more with this. The guitar-based gameplay in Um Jammer Lammy allows for far more interesting freestyling. There's also way more replay value, as in addition to the Lammy single-player mode you can also play through the game as Parappa instead of Lammy (with new rap mixes instead of the guitar mixes and different cutscenes), there is 2-player co-op (both Lammy/Rammy and Lammy/Parappa), and there is also 2-player versus (both Lammy vs. Rammy and Lammy vs. Parappa).

I've played a ton of rhythm games over the years and Um Jammer Lammy is absolutely one of my favorites and easily my top pick of the "Rodney Greenblat" titles.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4320 posts
4919 upvotes
Ottawa
Not a bad way to spend $11.

Oct 6, 2010
459 posts
288 upvotes
London
Deusfaux wrote: anyone else finding the playstation web store incredibly slow and overall broken the last couple sales? Items not loading, out of order, pages being skipped.
The web store has been absolutely terrible for a month or two now. They must have updated/changed it and messed it up badly. Now when you load a US link it has a pop up saying "go to the Canadian store" that it never did for me before and it takes a good 5-10 seconds to just load your account information and check your region or if you have PS Plus for discounts.
Jul 9, 2009
150 posts
91 upvotes
Cornwall
Batarang wrote: The Order 1886 is a really enjoyable game. I think most of its problems were its length, combined with its original $60 price point.

At $5, if anybody complains about that game, they're lunatics in my mind.

I paid almost full price for The Order and I didn't regret it. These shorter story driven games are my favorite genre. I was a bit annoyed that the price dropped so much so quickly, but I'm more upset that there will likely never be any more games in this universe.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoGamerMan wrote: For 5 bucks or so, it's well worth a play, however. The game is gorgeous, and while the game play is derivative, it's fun enough for a quiet afternoon.
I have no idea how people think this game looks good. With the blurry resolution, the "cinematic" black bars through the entire game, obnoxious use of motion blur and DOF, and awful textures, this was by far the single worst looking PS4 exclusive I've played. Then you have the bland characters and mind numbing long winded boring cutscenes and average at best gameplay. I generally enjoy linear shooters and rarely ever complain when spending $5 on anything but this game was a complete slog to play through. It's a 6/10 if you're being generous and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they have absolutely nothing else to play
Oct 1, 2007
161 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Ended up buying Metal Slug 3 and Castlevania Symphony of the Night (of which I now own 3 copies haha).
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
Damn, how did I miss out on Gauntlet when it was a PS Plus freebee? I must not have activated it that month, but I do have FC3: BD in my transaction history, which was from the same month.

Oh well, is it worth $5?
Aug 16, 2017
58 posts
16 upvotes
London, Ontario
ReeGee wrote: I have no idea how people think this game looks good. With the blurry resolution, the "cinematic" black bars through the entire game, obnoxious use of motion blur and DOF, and awful textures, this was by far the single worst looking PS4 exclusive I've played. Then you have the bland characters and mind numbing long winded boring cutscenes and average at best gameplay. I generally enjoy linear shooters and rarely ever complain when spending $5 on anything but this game was a complete slog to play through. It's a 6/10 if you're being generous and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they have absolutely nothing else to play
Agreed. The Odor: Ain't Seen, Sick of This.

This is just fps fodder, with no replay value, a predictable storyline, and a forgettable concept.

Such a white bread title preying on PS Exclusive seekers that it doesn't even make it as a PSPlus freebie, and the game has been discounted continuously like it is going out of style.

Maybe when it was released it filled a void for a british science fiction shooter, or steam punkness, but the fact is they have had to push this game on people for one reason or another is a sign your time may be wasted.

Watch the trailer it basically saves you the $5 and gives you the cinematic experience, which I commend but will not re-commend for play-through.
Oct 7, 2015
767 posts
814 upvotes
Vanier, ON
sleepylaw wrote: If I can just offer a different review:
Playing Monopoly on PS4 can be nice if you are playing with, say, one friend and you want to add some AIs to make the game more interesting. (Can play with up to 6 players like original game.) Played last night with my wife and we had a good time. Also, for me at least, not having to count through cash or do any math was nice. Although I do wish there was a way to turn off animations as I don't really care too much to watch the dice roll or the pieces move lol.
The game is fun for playing it with my girlfriend for sure. I notice there is a may editor on sale as well. I am not sure if I want to edit the map, is there any edited map available ?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
Batarang wrote: Not a bad way to spend $11.

Picked up Necropolis. Played for awhile last night coop and we like it. Got a couple levels deep and died by getting too confident.

The only other game I looked at was DC2. Recently sold all my PS2 games and thats one I never got to playing... maybe with this sale. Graphics hold up decently.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
3364 posts
5518 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Why would someone choose Metal Slug 3 over Anthology?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)