• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2019 8:44 pm
Dec 14, 2006
518 posts
32 upvotes
Kitchener
omertl wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 3:11 pm
I can also highly recommend Skyrim (need some legs though), Superhot, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood and Wipeout. The last two are on sale in PSN for 6$ and 9$ which is a steal.
And the aim controller price point is also putting me off from buying one. Especially since it's only good for only 4-5 games. I think it was on sale a few times for 70$ though
I've been on the fence about Wipeout since I picked up so many others in the past week. I may just grab it though because it seems highly recommended. Somehow I already own Until Dawn (probably PS+?) and Superhot is on my list. Again though, I'm trying to space out my VR purchases.

I'm not sold on Skyrim. I love RPGs but I'm not sure I have the time to dedicate to it. I had it on PS3 and hardly put any time at all into it. I do hear it's quite the experience though.

You're right, Firewall was on sale for Boxing Week. It was sold out all around me though. I may just wait for another sale.
No wins since 2008!
Jun 16, 2009
737 posts
644 upvotes
Batman Arkham VR is a great game too. The story is cool, my only gripe is its more of a VR "experience" than actual game. Still, a very awesome experience!

VR Worlds is okay if you get it on sale. I liked the Heist but found most of the other games sort of meh or just on the rails "experiences".

A big recommendation is downloading The Playroom VR. The Astrobots are in it, and the games are pretty neat considering they're free. Plus there are multiplayer games, VR user versus players with controllers.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4119 posts
493 upvotes
don't waste your money

I've tried it with GT Sport with a racing wheel and seat at PAX
you'll get nightmares from the jaggies
it's bottom of the barrel trash, especially in 2019
it's funny because XBOX One X is without a doubt a much better console, but no software to back it up
whereas Sony has built quite the library now, but every piece of hardware is showing its age (look at Digital Foundry's red dead redemption 2 analysis)
if you want to do VR go all in on the PC platform, or don't do it at all

i guess if few hundred is peanuts to you and you dont mind wires across the room, try it from a place with good return policy, i personally wouldn't spend a cent on it and I'm someone who got the big move SMG attachment, eye, the whole works last-gen
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.