Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2005
2134 posts
191 upvotes
Canada

Playstation3 Jailbreak/Homebrew

[IMG]http://psjailbreak.com/images/topindex.jpg[/IMG]

psjailbreak.com

PSX-SCENE was first to break the news about a PS3 modchip aka PSJailbreak and confirmed working 100%.

The following is a quote from the PSXSCENE site
[QUOTE]PSX-SCENE is the first any ONLY website to CONFIRM that this product is working 100% Not by speculation but by being the only website to have testers with actual product in hand! We will have a video courtesy of OzModchips soon so stay tuned!!![/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://hackconsolas.files.wordpress.com ... break1.jpg[/IMG]
What it is:
PS Jailbreak is a USB plug and play solution that installs in seconds, keeping your valid warranty seal in tact.
Easy to use installer and GUI takes you step by step.
With the following features:
[QUOTE]
* Compatible with all production models FAT and SLIM. Supports all regions: USA, ***, PAL and KOREA
* PS Jailbreak disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.
* Supports all games (it does not allow backups of bluray movies , dvd movies , or past consoles games)
* Backup games to your internal hard drive or external hard drive through USB, and boot directly off GUI. Eliminating the need for expensive blueray burners and costly blank media.
* Play backups off your hard drives 2x as fast as off the blueray drive. This eliminates lags and glitches to provide you with smoother game play.
* Open up your console to a new generation of homebrew applications. Load homebrew apps/games off any USB hard drive/flash drive.
* Fully updatable with new features/updates by connecting PS Jailbreak to any computers USB port.
[/QUOTE]

Maximus AVR usb
[IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:UXYB ... 5p.png&t=1[/IMG]

Just one of similar devices that can jailbreak the PS3.
For these devices to work an open source PS JailBreak PS3 exploit is needed.(PSgroove) Keep on eye on this thread for what devices can be used to jailbreak the ps3.

Can I get banned using it online?...think about it...you are attempting to use a backed up game online; therefore, a good chance of being banned....don't risk it.
On this topic....(I believe and correct me if am wrong) It is illegal to backup and/or copy games you do not own. Only backup games you own.
DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK

As of this writing (Aug26/10) the PSJailbreak only works on firmware 3.41...be advised not to update until further notice from the scenez.

http://psgroove.com/

HeavyDutyKronos:
[QUOTE]Payload: The code that sends your PS3 into jailbreak mode. You load it on a USB device and boot the PS3 using a special method that accesses the payload and causes the PS3 to be jailbroken.
Manager: Is an application that you install onto your PS3 after it is jailbroken. It allows you to backup, copy and launch your PS3 games.
What you're supposed to do:

iPod Video start here: http://rockbox-psgroove.com/downloads/ (Get Rockbox installed on your iPod 5G video, then kick it into USB/DISK MODE and run the PSGroove-Rockbox installer)
iPhone 3G start here: http://wiki.psfreedom.com/wiki/IPhoneLinux

There are some tutorials there, check youtube and continue to use your research skills on google to find others. [/QUOTE]
2871 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2004
2726 posts
98 upvotes
online probably won't work. so if you do this, its purely for pirating and playing offline games, imo
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
rumors are that its real and working from scenez

but you can wait as the site has barely any enough for purchases let alone distribution.

too bad, my ps3 just died. would be useless in my hands since i have a 25gb cap and ps3 games minimum are at least a couple gb's.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4453 posts
260 upvotes
i hope its real lol

but the guy seems to be trolling, why only 15 second and 30 second clips
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4453 posts
260 upvotes
if this is real i wonder if it has something to do with Infamous and Red Faction showing up as full downloadable games and if they managed to somehow duplicate how those games played off the hard-drive onto USB

reading this forum and the guy who posted the youtube videos is going to post another very soon and he says it works http://psx-scene.com/forums/showthread. ... 935&page=3

also the USB says something about being duplicated
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2005
2134 posts
191 upvotes
Canada
thechampion116 wrote: rumors are that its real and working from scenez

but you can wait as the site has barely any enough for purchases let alone distribution.

too bad, my ps3 just died. would be useless in my hands since i have a 25gb cap and ps3 games minimum are at least a couple gb's.
I'm wondering how it actually works though....cause looking at the video where the game is being backed up. I would think for this to happen the firmware on the drive would need to be flashed.....so for this to be done by a usb?...I don't know.

But like you said...will have to wait anyways.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4453 posts
260 upvotes
$120 they want for it lol

its just a usb drive wtf....someone duplicate the files
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2005
1064 posts
66 upvotes
Downtown TO
to me, charging $120 for a usb stick should be enough to prove its fake, but apparently the "test" runs by mod chip distributors seem to be successful...either they got hacked by trolls, are trolling everyone else or some1 in sony finally spilled the beans and this is the real deal :lol: the price tag alone would discourage a lot of people anyways, especially since sony can easily squash this with a single mandatory update.

edit: apparently the site charging $120 is a fake. still no update on ozmodchips yet tho
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2005
2134 posts
191 upvotes
Canada
w4rrior wrote: to me, charging $120 for a usb stick should be enough to prove its fake, but apparently the "test" runs by mod chip distributors seem to be successful...either they got hacked by trolls, are trolling everyone else or some1 in sony finally spilled the beans and this is the real deal :lol: the price tag alone would discourage a lot of people anyways, especially since sony can easily squash this with a single mandatory update.
Some are saying the site that states the price of $120 is a fake site.

Apparently...at this moment the following video is being processed.....should be available sometime soon or in the morning.

OzModChips.com tests Worlds First Ps3 Modchip (PSjailbreak)
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2005
1064 posts
66 upvotes
Downtown TO
yea i just read on scene sites that the site was a fake. well, lets see how this plays out :D
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2005
1064 posts
66 upvotes
Downtown TO
well psx-scene and both ozmod are confirming its real. pretty bold statement, but these guys are reliable when it comes to these things so i guess we finally have a way to backup ps3 games.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64935

official reseller list expected within 48 hours. :-0
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2372 posts
469 upvotes
Edmonton
Awesome, I wonder if its ban worthy... or if its just as safe as the PS2 was :p.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
4244 posts
316 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote: rumors are that its real and working from scenez
Apparently all of this is running on a debug console (not retail, not dev), so I wouldn't hold my breath.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
It's real and it's about 169 USD.

Going to wait for a clone maybe. $169 is expensive for something that doesn't have proven longevity (may only last a month or less if Sony patches their system properly).

Yes Yes, the dongle has an updatable firmware, but no update will work if Sony patches all the holes.

Then again, sony doesn't have a good track history of patching their hardware exploits (look at Pandora's battery for PSP, they had to modify the hardware to block it).
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6877 posts
1032 upvotes
Calgary
nsd wrote: Apparently all of this is running on a debug console (not retail, not dev), so I wouldn't hold my breath.
people are now saying it turns your ps3 into a dev console...very interesting news...

how can sony patch it? ive not updated since they took away otheros and have had no problems (dont play online at all)
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39342 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
refraxion wrote: Awesome, I wonder if its ban worthy... or if its just as safe as the PS2 was :p.
the ps2 was mainly an offline console with no firmware updates, things are different now...
Dec 4, 2002
309 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
$169 is waaaay too much. I'd say they're just being greedy at this point, which is normal for the first wave. There's lots of people who will pay that just to be the first on their block with the hardware. Hopefully it'll drop below $100 quickly.

But don't expect Sony to let this slide, I think they'll come down on it with the wrath of God.
"I'd trade it all for a little more." - C. Montgomery Burns
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
how big are ps3 games if you back them up on the usb HD?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)