Expired Hot Deals

[Air Canada] Plaza Premium Lounge for YYZ and YVR - $24 ($6 savings)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2012 12:37 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
2054 posts
282 upvotes
Onterrible

[Air Canada] Plaza Premium Lounge for YYZ and YVR - $24 ($6 savings)

I just booked a flight with WestJet and I got this coupon upon checkout.

You save $6 off the Plaza Premium Lounge at YVR and YYZ.
Regular price = $30+tax
Coupon price = $24+tax

WestJet guests are invited to experience Plaza Premium Lounges in Toronto and Vancouver for an
exclusive rate of just $24 per visit.* That’s a savings of $6 off the regular walk-up rate.
Relax and unwind while enjoying the following amenities:
• Business facilities including Internet and WiFi
• Food and beverage service, including hot entrée items for breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Complimentary bar service
• Specialty coffee, including espresso and cappuccino
• Comfortable seating
• Newspapers, magazines and TV
For more information and additional locations visit www.plaza-network.com.

The link for the coupon is here
http://www.plaza-network.com/coupons/We ... fer_EN.pdf

This lounge looks similar to the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge. Except, you get a hot entree at the Plaza Premium.
Thought some people may find this useful, especially if they want a more private cozy place to wait + the extra perks.
Check out my >>Blog<< to learn how to get CashBack from Shopping Online! (Almost EVERY online retailer)
9 replies
Jan 8, 2007
713 posts
26 upvotes
Hmm, wonder if they check to see if you are actually flying westjet.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
2400 posts
557 upvotes
Moncton
trajancavalous wrote:
Nov 9th, 2012 6:05 pm
If they do, you would be out $6, as the regular rate is $30. But I can't see why they would, as it is a 3rd party outfit.

I searched the site and couldn't find any details about the food. "Local" could be anything when it comes to Toronto.
Clicking on "Thanks" is appreciated.
Pete_Coach and Armeee are on my ignore list.
Nov 10, 2004
99 posts
7 upvotes
I have an unlimited entry to this brand of lounge due to my HK credit card... and I must say, they're not worth it unless its free.

Yes, a little more upscale than the regular waiting area in the airport, but it's nothing worth $30.

Wifi is not better than in the regular departure terminals, food is better in the food court or restaurant and I doubt you'll drink a lot of the free booze which isn't anything spectacular anyways.

IF you really want to try it.. I suggest you walk in and ask to look around before you pay admission. They'll agree.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
2400 posts
557 upvotes
Moncton
The free wifi would save you $5. Save $8 on food. Then all you have to do is drink $11 worth of booze. And since it is all self serve, no tipping!

Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy. (Ben Franklin)
Clicking on "Thanks" is appreciated.
Pete_Coach and Armeee are on my ignore list.
Sep 20, 2005
955 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
Wifi is free at Pearson. If you are planning to eat and have a few drinks, it's definitely worth it.
MonctonMan wrote:
Nov 12th, 2012 6:29 pm
The free wifi would save you $5. Save $8 on food. Then all you have to do is drink $11 worth of booze. And since it is all self serve, no tipping!

Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy. (Ben Franklin)
Nov 9, 2004
138 posts
27 upvotes
I have access to this lounge for free through my AMEX Platinum card and really like it a lot. The complimentary hot food and beverages are better than many of the other lounges. I especially appreciate it when my flight is delayed or miss a connection. As I said, I don't have to pay, but a couple of drinks and a meal can add up to $24.
Nov 9, 2004
138 posts
27 upvotes
trajancavalous wrote:
Nov 9th, 2012 6:05 pm
Most lounges ask to see your boarding pass.
Jun 25, 2006
92 posts
5 upvotes
I'll take the Plaza Premium Lounge over the AC Maple Leaf Lounge any day :)
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2004
1375 posts
51 upvotes
These lounges are much better than the AC Maple Leaf Lounges (better food, much quieter and always seats available, also TVs and desktop computers if you need them).

Not sure it's worth $24-30 though, depends on how much you value the food and drink - they always have hot food, nuts/chips, veggies/dip, sandwiches.
× < >