• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2017 8:02 pm
18 replies
Aug 26, 2007
258 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Since my fiancee and I haven't chosen a location, I've only been glancing at some websites for wedding dresses.

One site which will probably shock you is Aliexpress.com (yeah I know probably not a good idea). Anyways I've been eyeing this one dress that cost less than $100. I'm only considering it cause there were a lot of great reviews and pictures on how amazing the dress is. Since I'm not planning to have a big wedding and I'm a very low maintenance bride I may go with it. Just need to go to the store and find something similar to see if it suits me .

Another site I was looking at is Asos.com . I've purchased from Asos numerous times and they are reliable. But I've never purchased a wedding dress. Their selection is very small but it changes from time to time. The prices aren't too bad either.

Once I've decided on a dress I'll let you know where I end up getting it.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11024 posts
1523 upvotes
City of Vancouver
joeythecat29 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 12:45 pm
I also found these sites, has anyone used them before?

https://www.tradesy.com/weddings/weddin ... ef=filters
Tradesy is marketed as a site where individuals can sell the clothes from their closet. So, I would expect the dresses to be pre-worn.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Aug 26, 2007
258 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
joeythecat29 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 1:58 pm
ok thanks for the info. We are having a small wedding as well, 20-25 people and we dont want to spend more on a dress then the entire wedding! But I still want to get her something nice to wear. We went to a store that you have to have fitting ect, they start at $1000+, we just cant do that.

also, which dress were you looking at on aliexpress?
For our wedding, we were thinking about 30 people. Same here I don't want to spend $1000+ for a dress but yes I understand about wearing something nice as well!

The dress I'm considering is
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Ho ... ebdf07728b

This was the only dress on Aliexpress that has the most comments and the most pictures. I'm just not sure if this type of dress would suit me so thats why I haven't purchased it. If you do end up ordering it make sure you give a minimum of a month for it to arrive! If you go on aliexpress just type in wedding dress and sort if by orders and you'll see how many orders the store received. Would also recommend maybe going a little bigger when purchasing just in case, cause I don't know how sizing works over there. At least if it's a little bigger you can do some alteration to fit the body.
[OP]
Jun 26, 2016
299 posts
37 upvotes
bossini wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 2:20 pm
For our wedding, we were thinking about 30 people. Same here I don't want to spend $1000+ for a dress but yes I understand about wearing something nice as well!

The dress I'm considering is
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Ho ... ebdf07728b

This was the only dress on Aliexpress that has the most comments and the most pictures. I'm just not sure if this type of dress would suit me so thats why I haven't purchased it. If you do end up ordering it make sure you give a minimum of a month for it to arrive! If you go on aliexpress just type in wedding dress and sort if by orders and you'll see how many orders the store received. Would also recommend maybe going a little bigger when purchasing just in case, cause I don't know how sizing works over there. At least if it's a little bigger you can do some alteration to fit the body.
ok thanks. We will look into aliexpress. I have a feeling at some point we are just going to have to risk it and buy one from the site and hope it works out. we have 6 months till the wedding, so we have time.
Aug 26, 2007
258 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
joeythecat29 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 2:28 pm
ok thanks. We will look into aliexpress. I have a feeling at some point we are just going to have to risk it and buy one from the site and hope it works out. we have 6 months till the wedding, so we have time.
Good luck! Let me know how it turns out and what you end up ordering!
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11024 posts
1523 upvotes
City of Vancouver
dhgate.com is another china site like aliexpress that has wedding dresses
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
[OP]
Jun 26, 2016
299 posts
37 upvotes
fuzzy2k3 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 3:29 pm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... ories.html
"Beware the online discount wedding dresses: Angry brides share knock-off nightmares after buying gowns that looked stunning online but are HIDEOUS in real life"
this is what I am expecting ordering from china lol
but does anyone have any suggestions of places in toronto with cheaper dresses?
Feb 29, 2008
150 posts
19 upvotes
Brampton
I would suggest kijiji. Might even be able to arrange to try on the dress before actually buying it
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13644 posts
1207 upvotes
Toronto
What if you went used? There's a lot of Facebook groups for wedding stuff and I see dresses up there all the time, under $1k.
At least you could get away with trying it on too.
"Deal of the Day" addict
Apr 20, 2017
275 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
There are a lot bridal stores in Toronto can be found all over the city. Most of below stores I list are located in downtown
Sash and Bustle
LoversLand
Lea-Ann Belter Bridal
The Brides' Project
Kleinfeld Bridal
Jealous Bridesmaids Bridal Studio
Felichia Bridal
Dina Alonzi
Aug 22, 2014
934 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Pretty sure David's Bridal is the go-to for most frugal brides although the prices really vary.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/sale/sale-wedding-dresses
1900 Eglinton Ave E Unit B5
Scarborough, ON M1L 2L9

Not a Toronto store but Modcloth has some decent options if she likes vintage style dresses. It's USD but they often have sales (including 20% off for newsletter signup). There are also lots of real life bride photos and reviews.

https://www.modcloth.com/shop/bridal-dr ... 36&start=0

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)