Please create a "All Things Doug Ford" thread like the Trump thread

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2018 5:40 pm
9 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14191 posts
1038 upvotes
When the Trump one was made Trump had been a topic for months and Off Topic was almost, if not more than half trump threads. Ford is right now nowhere near that, so unless it becomes that, I'd say probably hold off and wait to see if it ends up like that. Also take into account that the Political section didn't exist so it was a way of cleaning up off topic.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Sep 30, 2001
27218 posts
6210 upvotes
Toronto
I disagree with this suggestion, particularly on a topic that is more relevant to a good number of RFD members (as opposed to Trump which is more of a weekly gong show). Having separate discussions on different policies his government is introducing keeps the conversation manageable and is the whole purpose for the Politics forum.

just my opinion as a user.
Don't talk about it, be about it
Sep 27, 2003
9276 posts
2129 upvotes
Newmarket
MrDisco wrote:
Jul 19th, 2018 12:05 pm
I disagree with this suggestion, particularly on a topic that is more relevant to a good number of RFD members (as opposed to Trump which is more of a weekly gong show). Having separate discussions on different policies his government is introducing keeps the conversation manageable and is the whole purpose for the Politics forum.

just my opinion as a user.
I agree. The topics are largely directly relevant to a significant number of members on the site. So long as the posts are placed in the proper forum and comply with our rules, I don't think there is any need at this point to create a master-thread. There is simply too much discussion to do so.

Like Mr. D, this is my opinion as a fellow member here.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Aug 20, 2009
6800 posts
1510 upvotes
Grimsby
I don't think there is enough content to justify it and megathreads aren't always desirable anyway. If there is a lot of thread volume then its probably topics relevant to people here that they want to discuss and not everyone wants to do it in a megathread where you get drowned out by other ongoing conversations.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
31386 posts
6057 upvotes
Ottawa
I think the threads are not "Ford" specific but issue specific.
The Everything Trump thread was most people bitching about Trump just becasue he is Trump and therefore, it is all about Trump :)
In the 21st Century deleting history has become far more important than making it. Anonymous
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
14947 posts
1900 upvotes
Toronto
Going to chime in, that since many of us live in Ontario, smaller topics (and policies) might have a larger life here on RFD, versus 1 single thread. Doesn't bother me but I get where the OP is coming from. When you're not interested, you're not interested lol
RedFlagDeals addict
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
3810 posts
400 upvotes
Ottawa
I was wondering if we could have an "Everything Doug Ford" thread in OT/Politics, similar to the "Everything Donald Trump" thread. Both are polarizing public figures who make the news a lot, so I figure it could be appropriate.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
3610 posts
2264 upvotes
Burnaby
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 5:05 pm
"Everything Doug Ford" thread in OT?

I was wondering if we could have an "Everything Doug Ford" thread in OT/Politics, similar to the "Everything Donald Trump" thread. Both are polarizing public figures who make the news a lot, so I figure it could be appropriate.
Repost:

Please create a "All Things Doug Ford" thread like the Trump thread

====

^ AFAIK, this suggestion was already addressed by the admins.

====

IMO, the problem is just a few "enthusiastic" fans and anti-fans launching threads carelessly in order to hog the Opening Post -- sometimes plain duplicate topic threads (but different POV), other times forked threads with updates/news/opinions already being discussed in an existing thread, etc. The best one could do is to ignore those threads and continue discussing in the existing more general one.
yare yare daze...
[space reserved for peddling, shilling, self-promotion and advertising]