• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2017 9:28 am
9 replies
Jan 30, 2015
178 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
It's pretty minimal on content so not much to critique but i'd have expected to see a short video of someone writing and erasing (unless I missed it).

Not content related but I just don't get the demand for it. I've never been in a meeting where peoples laptops weren't already booted up and ready to go and/or there wasn't a piece of paper handy.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
1578 posts
718 upvotes
RamenStartup wrote:
May 18th, 2017 2:54 pm
Hi everyone, I'm planning on launching https://www.sketchcase.com/ on Product Hunt next week and I'd love to get some feedback on the design/flow of the website.
You're missing the quotation marks at the end of the only testimonial on the front page. The opening quotation marks seem to be formatted incorrectly... could be my browser here though.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
1578 posts
718 upvotes
RamenStartup wrote:
May 18th, 2017 6:06 pm
Wha? Which browser are you using?
My bad. It looks fine on Chrome for Android in both mobile and desktop modes.

I was on my work computer on Win7 with IE11
Feb 24, 2007
129 posts
25 upvotes
Not a big fan of the Serif fonts. I would change them to something Sans-Serif.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2002
2048 posts
321 upvotes
Calgary
Took me a few minutes of reading to figure out what the product actually was. First I thought whiteboard? Does it allow the Mac to project onto a screen or something? Then I thought is it like a laptop protective cover? Then... ohhh it's a film you apply to the back of a Mac so you can draw on it with dry erase markers? I'm not the sharpest tool in the box, but yes a video or some clearer photos demonstrating what the product is would be helpful rather than having customers guessing. The photos of the backs of Mac laptops with nothing on them doesn't really give too many clues. I think a website should let the visitor know within a few seconds pretty clearly what the product is. There's even no photos of the product itself.
Last edited by HunkaHunkaBurningLove on May 19th, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My avatar is Shandi Finnessey
Play Hay Day!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2002
6742 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
HunkaHunkaBurningLove wrote:
May 19th, 2017 5:06 pm
Took me a few minutes of reading to figure out what the product actually was. First I thought whiteboard? Does it allow the Mac to project onto a screen or something? Then I thought it is like a laptop protective cover? Then... ohhh it's a film you apply to the back of a Mac so you can draw on it with dry erase markers? I'm not the sharpest tool in the box, but yes a video or some clearer photos demonstrating what the product is would be helpful rather than having customers guessing. The photos of the backs of Mac laptops with nothing on them doesn't really give too many clues. I think a website should let the visitor know within a few seconds pretty clearer what the product is. There's even no photos of the product itself.

You're not alone. Messaging is not clear, you need actual product photos or a brief product video right up front. Took way to much reading to figure it out.
Mar 15, 2017
16 posts
18 upvotes
Looked at it via Android nougat browser.

- Who is Matt, whom you are quoting? Customer, friend, CEO, employee, coffee roaster down the street? As a first time visitor I would say Matt is your imaginary friend.

- not enough product info. Looks like in beta. Photos seem photoshopped. Had to do too much reading until I understood what you do.

- I personally wouldn't buy there. Not enough info about the person/company selling.

- add a white board explainer video what you do

- have customer send you their "art work".
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel