Please help identify part

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2019 9:56 am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8585 posts
5370 upvotes

Please help identify part

Hi there, can anyone tell me what this part is called so i can lookup some prices. Thanks! Looks like someone took it off or it fell off, the cover im referring to.
Images
  • 20190925_130347.jpg
16 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4695 posts
4968 upvotes
GTA
can anyone tell me what car this is so i can try to help OP?

in any case, I think you're only going to find this part at the dealer
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5217 posts
7141 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It's a cover.

Part number
84023-13249
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
13027 posts
2269 upvotes
Toronto
Over the square? Pretty sure there's not supposed to be a cover there. That's likely the hardware for the active safety systems for that particular car.

Should specify what make/model/year... prepare for the downvotes!
Deal with it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8585 posts
5370 upvotes
Its a 2019 Nissan Murano. Sorry everyone, I thought if I knew what it was called I could try to help my friend find out the cost thru a Google search. Its not my car just helping out a friend
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
Radar module
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2012
6963 posts
6079 upvotes
Oakville, ON
HP_John wrote: Hi there, can anyone tell me what this part is called so i can lookup some prices. Thanks! Looks like someone took it off or it fell off, the cover im referring to.
Nothing is missing. It is what it is.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8585 posts
5370 upvotes
My friend is a senior, he said he thought there's supposed to be something covering that part. For reference, he is 75 yrs old. You guys are sure there's not supposed to be anything covering that? It looks weird that its so exposed like that
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2010
1879 posts
1407 upvotes
Barrie ON
That opening certainly stands out, and if I had ever seen it on a car before, I think I would remember it.

Most cars have the radar unit placed behind the circular company logo in the middle of the grill. SInce these logos are plastic, they do not obstruct the microwaves which pass through them.

It seems that the Murano places the radar unit in this location. and from photos on the Internet it looks like it is also covered by plastic.

Banned
Aug 23, 2019
897 posts
470 upvotes
Rick007 wrote: That opening certainly stands out, and if I had ever seen it on a car before, I think I would remember it.

Most cars have the radar unit placed behind the circular company logo in the middle of the grill. SInce these logos are plastic, they do not obstruct the microwaves which pass through them.

It seems that the Murano places the radar unit in this location. and from photos on the Internet it looks like it is also covered by plastic.

different model year?
doesn't look like there is any plastic hinge or anything to hold a plastic in place.
are there any latches inside that plastic opening? If a plastic part sits infront of that, there would be latches to hold it in place.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
Rick007 wrote: That opening certainly stands out, and if I had ever seen it on a car before, I think I would remember it.

It looks like that's a different version than what the OP has. OP's looks more like the one I posted.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
897 posts
470 upvotes
engineered wrote: It looks like that's a different version than what the OP has. OP's looks more like the one I posted.
I agree. the plastic housing is completely different and doesn't appear to have any latches or anyway to secure a removal piece of plastic.

though strange to have a sensor exposed like that...... must be fun in the winter getting pelted with ice/salt/slush... but it is a Nissan afterall.
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
13027 posts
2269 upvotes
Toronto
HP_John wrote: My friend is a senior, he said he thought there's supposed to be something covering that part. For reference, he is 75 yrs old. You guys are sure there's not supposed to be anything covering that? It looks weird that its so exposed like that
Nope, that's designed as intended. The little square needs to be able to see ahead of the vehicle, hence the cutout.

Chances are, it's explained in the owner's manual.
Deal with it.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
Doebird wrote: I agree. the plastic housing is completely different and doesn't appear to have any latches or anyway to secure a removal piece of plastic.

though strange to have a sensor exposed like that...... must be fun in the winter getting pelted with ice/salt/slush... but it is a Nissan afterall.
Yea, the links I posted look like their factory instructions for cleaning it. I can totally see getting clogged up with snow in the winter, which is when you want emergency auto braking the most.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2012
6963 posts
6079 upvotes
Oakville, ON
HP_John wrote: My friend is a senior, he said he thought there's supposed to be something covering that part. For reference, he is 75 yrs old. You guys are sure there's not supposed to be anything covering that? It looks weird that its so exposed like that
Nothing is missing. It is what it is. I’m sure.

If you want a definitive answer from the source then do your older neighbour a solid and visit the local Nissan dealer’s parts counter. Tell the parts guy the VIN or at least the yr/trim etc and they’ll look it up in their parts database and can pull up diagrams if necessary.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)