Shopping Discussion

please help me to deal with rogers internet............

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2012 5:01 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2521 posts
86 upvotes

please help me to deal with rogers internet............

i've cancelled my service last month, gave them 30 days notice

at the last 30 days, they've cut off my ability to go inside my account online and check my usage details on my internet nor gave me any noticfication on my usuage when i am closed to the limit

not i received my bill and they charged me extra $50 on the extra usage

anyone had any experience about it ? i am going to call them up in the next few days to give them some hell since i almost cancelled all my services already.

thx
It's a deal if it's on RFD :!: :!:
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2521 posts
86 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Seems right, Should have monitored It better knowing you couldn't access the site.
I'm guessing you thought you were off the hook In terms of usage but then a huge $50 overage fee comes?

If you cancelled the rest already then I doubt Rogers would care!
i am aware of it but i've never go over the cap with my 15 yrs of rogers internet service

i just want to see if there is a way to negotiate with them
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
noob666 wrote: i am aware of it but i've never go over the cap with my 15 yrs of rogers internet service

Just say that you've never went over your bandwidth and all of a sudden you went over by $50?
Also say that you couldn't access the site when your service was still running.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2521 posts
86 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Just say that you've never went over your bandwidth and all of a sudden you went over by $50?
guess that's what i am going to try, hopefully can negotiate something
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2008
1282 posts
314 upvotes
Ottawa
Jimboski wrote: Just say that you've never went over your bandwidth and all of a sudden you went over by $50?
Sounds like the Steam sale effect.
noob666 wrote: i am aware of it but i've never go over the cap with my 15 yrs of rogers internet service

As you have cancelled, your leverage is gone. I don't really see anyway that Rogers is going to give you any consideration. The best you can do is call and say that it isn't right because you were unable to check usage and since you had never been over there should be at least a 50% credit, etc. I don't think you have a chance, but you can give it a try.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2578 posts
148 upvotes

there was a cap 15 years ago?
Jun 4, 2009
101 posts
6 upvotes
You have a right to ask them to show your last usage data. Talk to their manager.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)