None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1742 upvotes

Please Lock: Case closed

Case Closed. Money Refunded.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
Share:
65 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9660 posts
1866 upvotes
Toronto
Wait, let me get this right... YOU ended up walking away with 2 whole pizzas for $100?!?!?! :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2008
6964 posts
63 upvotes
Ottawa
4flava wrote:
May 18th, 2011 11:24 am
Wait, let me get this right... YOU ended up walking away with 2 whole pizzas for $100?!?!?! :facepalm:

Winning.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1742 upvotes
4flava wrote:
May 18th, 2011 11:24 am

I could barely eat one box and 2 was more than enough. And the entire total was around $300 so I thought I will pay 1/3.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
1612 posts
322 upvotes
what type of pizzas?
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4099 upvotes
Ottawa
mathewvc wrote:
May 18th, 2011 11:39 am
what type of pizzas?

That's what I don't get...leaning on the troll side.

They arbitrarily picked the toppings for your pizzas??! Don't make sense. + the $100 things is the cherry on the troll sundae.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
1326 posts
44 upvotes
Mississauga
mrperfect wrote:
May 18th, 2011 11:21 am
Just had an unfortunate experience yesterday and need your input.
Basically I ordered 15 pieces of chicken wings from a Pizza store (locally owned) on the phone for takeout and he said it will take about 45 minutes? :confused: Anyways when I arrive they say its not ready so I go back and wait in my car.
Another 15-20 minutes later my order is finally ready and to my shock they made 15 PIZZA'S. At this point Im thinking WTF and how can you mess up my order but the husband keeps insisting that I ordered 15 Pizzas and I kept telling him that its his fault and he made a mistake.
I was so pissed off that he wasted my time and messed up my order and was walking away when the wife jumped in and said its almost closing time and its a huge loss to them and she is sorry for the whole situation.

Therefore I told her I will pay you $100 bucks and went home with 2 boxes of Pizza since I cant eat more than that. They werent too happy about that but I thought that was fair enough.

Anyways I've been thinking about it and not sure who was really obligated in this situation? Should I go back and pay the rest of money to cover their losses or just forget about it since I already paid $100 bucks for 2 Pizzas?

What say? :rolleyes:

I say what you did was one of the stupidest things I have ever heard of. They made a mistake and you still go ahead and PAY for it??? I'll bet you tipped them, too. Fools and their money....
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1742 upvotes
mathewvc wrote:
May 18th, 2011 11:39 am
what type of pizzas?

Chicken, Veggie. All of them were large. The only thing I recall telling them was Chicken, wings, hot sauce, to go. But he insists that I did said 15 pizzas which is highly unlikely. They did had some difficulty speaking english so I think it was a miscommunication on their part because they genuinely seemed serious and eager for my order.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1742 upvotes
taylyn wrote:
May 18th, 2011 11:45 am
I say what you did was one of the stupidest things I have ever heard of. They made a mistake and you still go ahead and PAY for it??? I'll bet you tipped them, too. Fools and their money....

Thats why Im asking if one is really obligated to pay or not. Its my word against their word so not sure who's in the right here. Btw no tips just cash.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2004
2778 posts
116 upvotes
Sudbury
nice bs thread
"What an emotionally wrecking of the stomach game"
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1742 upvotes
Kenny Blankenship wrote:
May 18th, 2011 11:52 am
nice bs thread

How is that bs? Can you just order whatever you want and step in and back away and walk out with a lesser/different/cheaper order?
I know i didnt made a prank call but they did had 15 pizzas so they were nkt trying to scam me either. Plus we were going in circles arguing and i just couldnt walk out.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
15992 posts
375 upvotes
how does 15 chicken wings translate to 15 "pizzas." They would have had to ask you what toppings you want.

edit: next time, asked them to repeat what you said to them.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1742 upvotes
No toppings. Its all chicken pizzas mixed with veggies cheese and sauce. Its like a standard prechosen speciality pizza.
Should I go back and ask my money or take it as a lesson learned? Still have a lot of pizza left.

I think that was very stupid of me. Thing is i was tired of arguing and wasting time. I was there for almost 2 hours and it was getting late.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17063 posts
23520 upvotes
ONTARIO
Yeah this thread is a complete troll. No one can be this stupid.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1742 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
May 18th, 2011 12:12 pm
Yeah this thread is a complete troll. No one can be this stupid.

I agree it was pretty stupid, i just had a bad night one thing after another and I was tired of arguing and wasting time and I just wanted to go home, plus its a mom and pop shop so I felt guilty. Now with a clear head to think it was utter stupidity to pay, i should have just walked off since it wasnt my fault.

Not going to that store again. Lesson learned.