• May 18th, 2011 10:53 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
16796 posts
4461 upvotes
Toronto
So they messed up your order and you paid $50/pizza. That's pathetic. How do you mix 15 pizza with 15 chicken wings? Plus as others have mentioned you didn't even tell them the toppings you wanted on the pizza, so it's impossible they messed up your order. Use your common sense and ask yourself what would a true RDF'er due in that situation? It's like saying oh the dealership ordered 10 cars instead of 1 car, should I pay for all 10 and sell 9 of them on RFD. LOL.
May 17, 2005
537 posts
75 upvotes
mrperfect wrote:
May 18th, 2011 12:04 pm
No toppings. Its all chicken pizzas mixed with veggies cheese and sauce. Its like a standard prechosen speciality pizza.
Should I go back and ask my money or take it as a lesson learned? Still have a lot of pizza left.

I think that was very stupid of me. Thing is i was tired of arguing and wasting time. I was there for almost 2 hours and it was getting late.

And you spent 2 hours arguing with them??? What about? You ordered chicken wings; if chicken wings aren't there when you show up, you leave. Your story has a few holes in it.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2010
1074 posts
360 upvotes
mrperfect wrote:
May 18th, 2011 12:25 pm
I agree it was pretty stupid, i just had a bad night one thing after another and I was tired of arguing and wasting time and I just wanted to go home, plus its a mom and pop shop so I felt guilty. Now with a clear head to think it was utter stupidity to pay, i should have just walked off since it wasnt my fault.

Not going to that store again. Lesson learned.

Did you say 15 pieces of chicken wings? If so, they probably heard 15 pizzas of chicken (whatever the pizza was).

Just for fun you should order 15 pizzas, maybe you'll get your chicken wings ha
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4100 upvotes
Ottawa
carmaster wrote:
May 18th, 2011 12:31 pm
Use your common sense and ask yourself what would a true RDF'er due in that situation?

The OP said it was almost closing time so a true RFD'er would've left, then sent his wife/girlfriend in 10min later asking if they could have a deal on leftover pies they're gonna chuck out to feed a little league team. ;)
Aug 31, 2008
976 posts
132 upvotes
Thornhill
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Signature
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
11010 posts
1973 upvotes
if this thread is real then

You shouldve just paid for the ingredient cost. That alone won't be more than $30
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2713 posts
334 upvotes
Newmarket
i never would have paid for that. that's completely absurd.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2713 posts
334 upvotes
Newmarket
sexyj wrote:
May 18th, 2011 1:42 pm
if this thread is real then

You shouldve just paid for the ingredient cost. That alone won't be more than $30

this is probably true! you paid $100 for pizzas that probably cost the owners about $30 to make! oh man that makes it sound even more like a total rip off story! HAHAHA
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1742 upvotes
Just received a call from the Pizza shop and apparently it was a huge misunderstanding as it turns out somebody did indeed came over to get the Pizza's after I stepped out. The store owners son called and actually speaks good english, he was extremely apologetic for the whole situation and has asked me to come back this evening and get my money back.

Woot woot!
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
Nov 29, 2007
839 posts
81 upvotes
Victoria BC
Agreeing to take home 2 pizzas instead of what you wanted seems like a reasonable compromise but I probably would have only paid for those 2.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1742 upvotes
Frosc wrote:
May 18th, 2011 1:57 pm
Agreeing to take home 2 pizzas instead of what you ordered seems like a reasonable compromise but I probably would have only paid for those 2.

Actually I had no use of that many pizzas, and they will get bad and I would have extra headache of disposing them off. At that time I thought $100 would be approperiate since the total order was around 300, and I wanted to keep it fair and the rest is their headache. I just wanted to find a middle ground, and give them benefit of doubt because they genuinely put in effort towards that order - eventhough they have a lot to learn (so do I).
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
The story seems off since I can't see anyone in their right mind paying $50 per pizza but if I were confronted with the same situation I would have said that I ordered the chicken wings and that since I did not order pizza I was leaving.

If I order a steak at a restaurant and they bring me fish I would clarify my order and then expect them to make my meal as I ordered it. I would also be polite the entire time in an attempt to prevent anything happening to my food before I get it.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1742 upvotes
Hunter316 wrote:
May 18th, 2011 2:01 pm
The story seems off since I can't see anyone in their right mind paying $50 per pizza but if I were confronted with the same situation I would have said that I ordered the chicken wings and that since I did not order pizza I was leaving.

If I order a steak at a restaurant and they bring me fish I would clarify my order and then expect them to make my meal as I ordered it. I would also be polite the entire time in an attempt to prevent anything happening to my food before I get it.

As I stated above, I did not paid for the 2 Pizza per say, but it was actually to compensate for the entire thing. If it was Boston pizza or something I would have been more blunt and straight forward but I just truely felt bad for the old couple eventhough I knew they screwed up. Since arguing lead to nothing and we were going in circles I thought paying 1/3 and taking home whatever I could eat seems a fine middle ground based on a situation like this.

Anyways it was a huge misunderstanding, and they will refund me my money back.
Apr 13, 2009
871 posts
109 upvotes
What a mess... but I've been there. "15 chicken pieces" might have sounded like "15 chicken pizzas"

Paying $100 was decent as it would likely cover their costs for the ingredients, although it sounds like the misunderstanding might have been mostly on their part.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1742 upvotes
ChuckCharles wrote:
May 18th, 2011 2:09 pm
What a mess... but I've been there. "15 chicken pieces" might have sounded like "15 chicken pizzas"

Paying $100 was decent as it would likely cover their costs for the ingredients, although it sounds like the misunderstanding might have been mostly on their part.

Finally somebody understood my situation and the position I was in, I dont know why people are so judgemental, quick to jump the gun and self righteous - its truely not worth breathing that way.