None
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2004
2778 posts
116 upvotes
Sudbury
mrperfect wrote:
May 18th, 2011 1:56 pm
Just received a call from the Pizza shop and apparently it was a huge misunderstanding as it turns out somebody did indeed came over to get the Pizza's after I stepped out. The store owners son called and actually speaks good english, he was extremely apologetic for the whole situation and has asked me to come back this evening and get my money back.

Woot woot!

Right...
"What an emotionally wrecking of the stomach game"
Mar 3, 2008
602 posts
261 upvotes
mrperfect wrote:
May 18th, 2011 11:21 am
Just had an unfortunate experience yesterday and need your input.
Basically I ordered 15 pieces of chicken wings from a Pizza store (locally owned) on the phone for takeout and he said it will take about 45 minutes? :confused: Anyways when I arrive they say its not ready so I go back and wait in my car.
Another 15-20 minutes later my order is finally ready and to my shock they made 15 PIZZA'S. At this point Im thinking WTF and how can you mess up my order but the husband keeps insisting that I ordered 15 Pizzas and I kept telling him that its his fault and he made a mistake.
I was so pissed off that he wasted my time and messed up my order and was walking away when the wife jumped in and said its almost closing time and its a huge loss to them and she is sorry for the whole situation.

Therefore I told her I will pay you $100 bucks and went home with 2 boxes of Pizza since I cant eat more than that. They werent too happy about that but I thought that was fair enough.

Anyways I've been thinking about it and not sure who was really obligated in this situation? Should I go back and pay the rest of money to cover their losses or just forget about it since I already paid $100 bucks for 2 Pizzas?

What say? :rolleyes:

How did you come up with $100? And if you didn't ask for that, why did you still end up agreeing to paying such an outrageous amount?
Think much, speak little, write less.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
6122 posts
986 upvotes
Fort Saskatchewan
mrperfect wrote:
May 18th, 2011 1:56 pm
Just received a call from the Pizza shop and apparently it was a huge misunderstanding as it turns out somebody did indeed came over to get the Pizza's after I stepped out. The store owners son called and actually speaks good english, he was extremely apologetic for the whole situation and has asked me to come back this evening and get my money back.

Woot woot!

So someone DID order them, just picked them up 2 hours late? (You said you have been there almost 2 hours)
˙dlǝɥ ɹoɟ ǝɯ WԀ oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ lǝǝℲ ˙spɹolɹǝʌO pℲɹ ʎɯ ɟo ǝɔᴉʌɹǝs uᴉ ƃuᴉʇɐɹǝpoW ʎlᴉddɐH
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17086 posts
23545 upvotes
ONTARIO
Kenny Blankenship wrote:
May 18th, 2011 2:16 pm
Right...

my thoughts exactly. sounds like he's just trying to save face.
Mar 3, 2008
602 posts
261 upvotes
Nm, I see the answers came before I posted.
Think much, speak little, write less.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2004
2778 posts
116 upvotes
Sudbury
BobSagget wrote:
May 18th, 2011 2:25 pm
my thoughts exactly. sounds like he's just trying to save face.

or someone needs attention
"What an emotionally wrecking of the stomach game"
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1742 upvotes
EmperorOfCanada wrote:
May 18th, 2011 2:21 pm
So someone DID order them, just picked them up 2 hours late? (You said you have been there almost 2 hours)

Yes, from the time I ordered and I left the store it was almost 2 hours, I actually had to wait 1 hour to get my order ready and another 30/40 minutes on this arguing. The person had ordered 15 chicken pizzas, Im not sure if he went late to pick it up, or it was when he actually wanted it.
Like I said before the couple had a huge problem with talking on the phone, conducting business in the store, even their credit card system wasnt working. :| I asked for ketchup, she gave me a small box with pepper inside the pizza box :facepalm:
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17086 posts
23545 upvotes
ONTARIO
See, here's why I think this entire story is made up.

1. You claim it's a locally owned pizza store and you mentioned in one of your posts it was ran by an old couple. I doubt their average customer is ordering 15 pizzas. So when an order like that comes through it seems more than likely that the store would double or TRIPLE check that 15 PIZZAS is what the person wants. Making 15 pizzas without verifying it is silly and extremely wasteful.

2. What place doesn't tell you your order total over the phone at the end of the conversation? If they in fact thought you ordered 15 pizzas and you thought you ordered 15 chicken pieces, I can tell you right now that you would notice something was amiss when they give you a total that is over 20x the amount you thought you were going to pay.

3. You now claim that the store called you and told you there was a mistake and someone else ordered the 15 chicken pizzas. So what about your order? If this was true and you DID make an order for chicken pieces, what happened to it? They obviously took your order over the phone so they had it written down on paper or on their computer. Why could they not have easily looked up recent orders while you were there and seen one 15-piece chicken order? Also who waits around 2 hours for chicken pieces?

This entire story is ridiculous and now I feel silly for wasting my time replying to it :facepalm:
Dec 20, 2010
288 posts
66 upvotes
Sounds like someone is incredibly desperate.

Why would you make up this baloney story?
Jan 3, 2009
328 posts
4 upvotes
GTA
What shop was it?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4332 posts
591 upvotes
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1742 upvotes
k3v1n37 wrote:
May 18th, 2011 3:35 pm
What shop was it?

I did posted a bad review at Yelp, but have since removed it as it was a misunderstanding. Its a Pizza store on 72 Avenue near 120 St in Surrey.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2010
1074 posts
360 upvotes
Usually these types of thread have hilarious tags. Come on RFD, don't slack on the tags!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1742 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
May 18th, 2011 2:52 pm
See, here's why I think this entire story is made up.

1. You claim it's a locally owned pizza store and you mentioned in one of your posts it was ran by an old couple. I doubt their average customer is ordering 15 pizzas. So when an order like that comes through it seems more than likely that the store would double or TRIPLE check that 15 PIZZAS is what the person wants. Making 15 pizzas without verifying it is silly and extremely wasteful.

2. What place doesn't tell you your order total over the phone at the end of the conversation? If they in fact thought you ordered 15 pizzas and you thought you ordered 15 chicken pieces, I can tell you right now that you would notice something was amiss when they give you a total that is over 20x the amount you thought you were going to pay.

3. You now claim that the store called you and told you there was a mistake and someone else ordered the 15 chicken pizzas. So what about your order? If this was true and you DID make an order for chicken pieces, what happened to it? They obviously took your order over the phone so they had it written down on paper or on their computer. Why could they not have easily looked up recent orders while you were there and seen one 15-piece chicken order? Also who waits around 2 hours for chicken pieces?

This entire story is ridiculous and now I feel silly for wasting my time replying to it :facepalm:

Im barking at the wrong tree here and feel more silly to bite and feed your appetite for this "conspiracy for the mysterious pizza" but let me please elaborate since I believe you raised some good points and deserve know my thoughts on this.

1. Absolutely, due dillegence is very important when conducting a business and any wise store owner will follow some basic guidelines to ensure that he stays in business, however as I said before these people were absolutely confused and it is very likely that my call was placed sometime shortly after the other person ordered those Pizzas.
When I called them the conversation was quite confusing as I earlier stated, upon picking the phone the person did not say hi/hello/store and he is like "yeah?" and Im like "Can I get 15 pieces of hot wings" and he is like "chickin" im like yes "chicken 15 pieces" he says "ok ok ok ok" and inaudible native language behind without putting me on hold, when I say hello again he comes back and says '15 chicken" and im like "yes to go, Im on my way" and he goes "yeah yeah yeah 30/40 minute ready ok ok ok" and im like ok sounds good, and he goes "ok ok brother you come here ok" and hangs up. :confused:
I arrive at the store around 30 minutes later, went inside and enquired about my "order" he tells me its not ready and "I come back, come back ok" so I went outside and sit in my car, after 20 minutes I go inside and says its ready, I go upto the counter to pay and he starts putting the boxes :|

2. They never provided any total, and it was hard itself to communicate in their broken English, who in their right mind would have thought that they are going to be billing me $285 for 15 Pizzas which I never ordered. :facepalm:

3. I have no idea about what happened to my order, but it most likely was never made. I think they totally confused me with the other caller, and must have thought I was calling back again for whatever reason and proceeded to give me a time, when infact I was actually a different caller, calling for an absolutely different order.
This morning once the store opened his Son went through the caller id to call me back as sometime after I departed from the store, the other caller showed up and collected the remaining Pizza and the parents conveyed this entire issue to their Son. And as I stated before they were absolutely confused, and I did not see any Computer or order book, and Im pretty sure they are just going by their mind, the Son spoke very good English which did not had any accent and also did informed me that they recently opened this store, and its run by their family so sometimes its either him, or his parents running it. :)

Hope that helps put things in perspective.