None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2008
6964 posts
63 upvotes
Ottawa
BobSagget wrote:
May 18th, 2011 2:52 pm
2. What place doesn't tell you your order total over the phone at the end of the conversation? If they in fact thought you ordered 15 pizzas and you thought you ordered 15 chicken pieces, I can tell you right now that you would notice something was amiss when they give you a total that is over 20x the amount you thought you were going to pay.

This happens 90% of the time from the chinese place I usually order from. They just ask for my order, address, phone number, and visa number (if I am not paying cash at the door) and then hang up. But I've always gotten exactly what I've ordered.
May 17, 2005
537 posts
75 upvotes
mrperfect wrote:
May 18th, 2011 4:04 pm
Im barking at the wrong tree here and feel more silly to bite and feed your appetite for this "conspiracy for the mysterious pizza" but let me please elaborate since I believe you raised some good points and deserve know my thoughts on this.

[...]

Hope that helps put things in perspective.

You better be careful. Based on your past behaviour, by the time the evening is over, you'll end up compensating the alleged purchaser of the 15 pizzas for the 2 you ate. Another $100 should do.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1742 upvotes
fratello25 wrote:
May 18th, 2011 4:22 pm
You better be careful. Based on your past behaviour, by the time the evening is over, you'll end up compensating the alleged purchaser of the 15 pizzas for the 2 you ate. Another $100 should do.

Haha no I think I learned my lesson. :lol:
1. Never call while driving (illegal I know)
2. Confirm your order and price BEFORE you arrive.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
204 upvotes
Should have taken $100 worth of the pizza, even if you weren't going to eat it & give it to homeless people in your area or something.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1742 upvotes
Kris81 wrote:
May 18th, 2011 4:32 pm
Should have taken $100 worth of the pizza, even if you weren't going to eat it & give it to homeless people in your area or something.

I know - I was having a really bad night and all I wanted to do was quickly take out something and go to sleep, but it just kept getting worse and worse and by the time everything was said and done, my mind was blank and I barely had any energy to think or do anything.
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
204 upvotes
mrperfect wrote:
May 18th, 2011 4:37 pm
I know - I was having a really bad night and all I wanted to do was quickly take out something and go to sleep, but it just kept getting worse and worse and by the time everything was said and done, my mind was blank and I barely had any energy to think or do anything.

How did they not give you a total when you placed the order though? I'm sure that would have set off alarms, if you heard $300 for 15 wings
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
6055 posts
736 upvotes
Greely
Kris81 wrote:
May 18th, 2011 4:32 pm

$100 worth of fake pizza isn't going to feed anyone.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1058 posts
50 upvotes
London ON
Kris81 wrote:
May 18th, 2011 4:47 pm
How did they not give you a total when you placed the order though? I'm sure that would have set off alarms, if you heard $300 for 15 wings

i do delivery for a local pizza shop once a week and used to do it full time

sometimes the phone connection is bad
sometimes the customer doesn't want to wait for a total (alot of the time we say one sec while we get your total and the customer hangs up mid sentence)

for large orders the customers 99% of the time say 'mix it up' especially for 15 pizzas we'll make 4 pepperoni, 2 cheese, 2 deluxe, 2 meat lovers etc etc

also 15 chicken wings is a weird amount (usually only sold by the lb in 10's)

and usually when the wrong order is made we'll send out a 20-$25 gift card + refund their money
nice of you to help cover some of their costs for wasting 13 pizzas but definitely shouldn't of paid anything
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10068 posts
625 upvotes
Mississauga
jordanr1987 wrote:
May 18th, 2011 6:19 pm
i do delivery for a local pizza shop once a week and used to do it full time

sometimes the phone connection is bad
sometimes the customer doesn't want to wait for a total (alot of the time we say one sec while we get your total and the customer hangs up mid sentence)

for large orders the customers 99% of the time say 'mix it up' especially for 15 pizzas we'll make 4 pepperoni, 2 cheese, 2 deluxe, 2 meat lovers etc etc

also 15 chicken wings is a weird amount (usually only sold by the lb in 10's)

and usually when the wrong order is made we'll send out a 20-$25 gift card + refund their money
nice of you to help cover some of their costs for wasting 13 pizzas but definitely shouldn't of paid anything

I don't think they wasted it, they probably either kept some to sell tomahawk or brought some home. Does it cost them ya, but I wouldn't say they wasted all those pizzas.

What is a waste at places like Wonderland where they literally just throw out the leftover full uneaten pizzas into the dumpster. That is disgusting.
Banned
Aug 12, 2010
4875 posts
148 upvotes
What scares me more than $100 for two pizzas is that OP was able to generate 4 pages of posts on a blatantly fakery of a story. But of course this is precisely what he wanted.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1058 posts
50 upvotes
London ON
Tijuana wrote:
May 18th, 2011 6:31 pm
I don't think they wasted it, they probably either kept some to sell tomahawk or brought some home. Does it cost them ya, but I wouldn't say they wasted all those pizzas.

What is a waste at places like Wonderland where they literally just throw out the leftover full uneaten pizzas into the dumpster. That is disgusting.

that would be canada food regulations or whatever

we sell slices during the day and have to toss them after about an hour or so :facepalm:

at least its not like pizza pizza who will sell you that last pepperoni slice that's been sitting there since 11am :razz:
Apr 13, 2009
871 posts
109 upvotes
I say the story could be true. We've had mixed up take out orders many times, and a lot of take out food outlets are owned by immigrant families where language barrier comes into play. Sometimes one weird circumstance leads to another which then takes things way off the rails.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1742 upvotes
a-tree wrote:
May 18th, 2011 8:43 pm
What scares me more than $100 for two pizzas is that OP was able to generate 4 pages of posts on a blatantly fakery of a story. But of course this is precisely what he wanted.

At this time I wont even bother.......
Penalty Box
Jul 28, 2010
648 posts
50 upvotes
hilarious story op. very creative and humorous
Banned
Aug 12, 2010
4875 posts
148 upvotes
mrperfect wrote:
May 18th, 2011 9:05 pm
At this time I wont even bother.......

No offense but your story just doesn't make sense. You initially decide not to pay anything and walk back 'pissed off' then all of a sudden she jumps in your car, apologizes and you offer them $100. This is not what a normal person does. You weren't held up at gunpoint. You weren't confined. No one forced you. It's just incredulous to even imagine paying someone $100 for two pizzas for someone else's mistake.

But your 'update' post really gives it away. If there was a mix up of orders, what happened to your 15 wings? Surely the owner would have received two separate orders and when you had arrived, the wings would either be ready or being ready, but it seems that the owners didn't even know about your order and just insisted that you ordered 15 pizzas.

In the case that they had mistakenly heard 15 pizzas instead of wings for your order, the other person's order of 15 pizzas would have been served anyway and leave them with a loss for your order of 15 wings(pizzas). Since you had agreed to pay $100 for their 'significant loss', they would have no reason to call you up and talk about a order mix up and offer your money back.

If you truly offered them $100 for 2 pizzas, then your update of them calling you back is definitely a lie. However the most likely case is that both stories are lies. Come clean now and be gone.