• May 18th, 2011 10:53 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 27, 2009
220 posts
94 upvotes
mrperfect wrote:
May 18th, 2011 11:21 am
Just had an unfortunate experience yesterday and need your input.
Basically I ordered 15 pieces of chicken wings from a Pizza store (locally owned) on the phone for takeout and he said it will take about 45 minutes? :confused: Anyways when I arrive they say its not ready so I go back and wait in my car.
Another 15-20 minutes later my order is finally ready and to my shock they made 15 PIZZA'S. At this point Im thinking WTF and how can you mess up my order but the husband keeps insisting that I ordered 15 Pizzas and I kept telling him that its his fault and he made a mistake.
I was so pissed off that he wasted my time and messed up my order and was walking away when the wife jumped in and said its almost closing time and its a huge loss to them and she is sorry for the whole situation.

Therefore I told her I will pay you $100 bucks and went home with 2 boxes of Pizza since I cant eat more than that. They werent too happy about that but I thought that was fair enough.

Anyways I've been thinking about it and not sure who was really obligated in this situation? Should I go back and pay the rest of money to cover their losses or just forget about it since I already paid $100 bucks for 2 Pizzas?

What say? :rolleyes:

OMG...Thank you! I needed a good laugh before bed.
I also like the 'Mr. Perfect' Handle name....suits you well.
I really hope you're pulling our chains on this one. I wouldn't even admit to such reckless stupidity if it were me.

First of all, why would 15 chicken wings take 45 minutes? Second, why not have your order reviewed with the total amount receive the total over the phone prior to picking it up?

I don't know....people drunk dialing at 1am for Pizza wouldn't find themselves in this predicament. :facepalm: :rolleyes:
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5148 posts
1202 upvotes
Kanata
Damn, $100 for 2 pizzas? Thought we were on RFD, that's not a deal. I wouldve either taken $100 worth of Pizza, or paid for 15 wings and walk out without the wings, prob the latter.

Lets just make it even and say it's a fine you got for talking on the cell while driving lol.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1742 upvotes
Guys,
I dont know why some of you are over reacting. I have already explained the entire situation in my subsquent posts, and that should answer most of the repeated questions. I think at this point we are going in circles when it wouldnt matter what is said or done to convince you that, they screwed up, I screwed up and have put it behind.
I have already received my money back and even If I hadnt then there is always another day to earn it back. I know most of you will not accept or agree to what has transpired, but thats what had occured and I did felt bad on them because I really thought they misunderstood me and I tried to do the right thing. I have previously explained that these people barely spoke English, and it would have been a bummer for them to cover their losses eventhough at their own fault, and I didnt wanted to be so blunt or bitter with them because life is just not worth it.

Anyway this issue has now been resolved.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
Apr 22, 2010
418 posts
30 upvotes
This entire thread is a fascinating study in RFD forum behavior.

People don't want to care, but still do care (a lot!) about every aspect of the story.

In fact, as I type this, there are 10 users browsing this thread.

And since you are reading these words right now, you are also following up on this thread to solve this pizza puzzle.

I think it's quite interesting.

Now I want pizza.
Aug 4, 2010
898 posts
43 upvotes
mrperfect wrote:
May 18th, 2011 10:43 pm
Anyway this issue has now been resolved.

Yeah, this thread has reached its zenith, should put it to an end now.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1742 upvotes
I know what you mean, I just wanted to clarify and englighten so that people see the broader picture but the more I tried doing that the more fodder I provided for the appetite, and some decided with their herd mentality to have a laugh at my expense, when I never ridiculed them or borrowed anything from them therefore there is no reason to imply their will at me.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.