• Feb 14th, 2019 10:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
10781 posts
3776 upvotes
Toronto

Please Merge the Costco Clearance threads

Please consider merging the individual Costco clearance items with the general thread

costco-east-gta-clearance-items-ending- ... d-2146900/

The majority of the items are already posted in either Markopas' thread or the weekly Inferno thread, we don't need additional individual threads for each item.

Heck we have people posting in the general thread and then starting another thread for the same item.

I love Costco as much as anyone, but it's beyond ridiculous.

Thanks
4 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
10662 posts
17237 upvotes
Scarborough
Costco along with Amazon are our two most popular retailers and there's no argument that sometimes there are a lot of deals posted for them. Merging them all into "mega threads" would be doing a disservice to the majority of our users. While those types of threads do get a lot of views, most users don't keep up with them and the content within them doesn't trigger Deal Alerts.

With the ability to hide threads, anyone with an account can simply hide these threads and they'll never see them again. We (the staff) can also do a better job of managing some of the older threads and more quickly expire and/or move them to Ongoing Deal Discussion and that's something I'll keep a closer eye on in the future which should also help.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Aug 20, 2009
6898 posts
1586 upvotes
Grimsby
Between category filters and thread hiding I generally don't have a problem looking at Hot Deals and getting to see the info I want. Megathreads are pretty daunting to new users and I use the deal alerts a lot.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
7352 posts
3493 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Also with Costco, it isn't as simple as West vs East, there are sometimes major differences between individual warehouses, especially if we compare Ontario to Quebec. It's hard to group a Costco deal as chain-wide as sometimes they truly are YMMV.

**edit**

I also forgot to add that the Costco website is also NOT the same as their warehouses as the prices listed are different then what is posted inside the warehouse (because Costco.ca prices include shipping & handling whereas the warehouse is Cash'n'Carry)
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
1460 posts
321 upvotes
Toronto
I can't tell you how many times I got excited by the QC Costco thread deals, then bummed out when not finding the same in the GTA. As such, I'm really happy that a GTA deals thread developed, and am even more excited when I see postings/pics from my closest store. I'm not in that neck of the woods otherwise, so it helps.