• Last Updated:
  • Apr 14th, 2006 12:39 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
1876 posts
130 upvotes
cooljack wrote:I have a life thank you. And i said those ppl with such mentality when they do the same damage to other cars they wouldnt even bug one bit. Give a perfect example for the kids of NOT respect others property.

You disgusted me again, i wish i will never see you in person. Its like seeing some..... you know

ps. btw you still didnt get the point. are you sure you can read?
I got your point and i can read just fine. If dents and damage causes you this much stress, you should really re-consider driving all together and just take the bus.

It's obvious you've got major issues. Please seek psychiatric help. Or at the very least, find a hobby that doesn't involve u getting disgusted when conversing with others.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1384 posts
576 upvotes
xien0n wrote:It doesn't help that automakers are removing the ding (rub) strips on the side of the doors now. My Matrix doesn't have these and there are several small scratches on my door that would have otherwise be prevented by having those rub strips.

Off the top of my head, all new BMW, Audi, and Lexus (GS and IS) don't have them now.

even so, those strips on the side were the same colour as the car. that said when you hit a car with the door, you'll still make a slight scratch ( but you can rub it off ).

my dad always thought it was stupid to make those side strips the same color as the car. they should leave it the black/grey colour that were on cars 10 years ago.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
3356 posts
62 upvotes
Ontario
I like to park beside cars that are more expensive than mine. Chances are they will be the ones paying extra attention not to hit me.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15213 posts
1671 upvotes
Markham
Fllay wrote:I usually do that, but it was raining today - so I thought I'd park as close to the mall entrance as possible. I didn't want to get wet. I usually avoid parking where they store the shopping carts as well.

What an awful week! (so far) I found out on Monday that I didn't get the research grant I applied for. Then, I found out that I did terribly on my human physiology respiratory unit midterm exam. And now this! What a series of unfortunate events! Hopefully this would be the last crap for this week.
maybe it's because u like Flay Allster ;)
Sonbuster wrote:hey i'm a student too, why do i have to resort to walking to school, eating canned foods everynight, doing psychological tests for dollars? you have a yaris with a scratch on it, i've got a whole in my shoe. relax.
ya... come to think about it.... at least you HAVE a yaris :lol: DAMN THE TTC :evil:
uptown wrote:but please dont assume that people swing open their doors and get out.
good point.. but his assumption is valid.. i'm assuming most ppl out there are jackarses ;)
cooljack wrote:There are quite a few opinions here.

However, it doesnt matter if its an careless probably ignorance person with a rusty bucket OR a 8yrs child. What was done is wrong whether its a $2,000 damage or a $200 dent.

A person in this generation should be educated and have a better understanding to take responsibility of such action. If the parents see their kids do that, then its a good time to educate them. Being ignorance and not educating their kids is totally non acceptable. Go back to 17th century to live.

If i see my kids did that, i will have to teach them not to do that ever again. Otherwise, they may end up to be scum of the society. Its a basic standard of human being now.

I believe if everyone opens door carefully and takes responsibilty we wouldnt have " Oh well its the thing of owning a car, if not take a bus" standard of living.

Oh yeah blaming on the weather, claiming its an accident is totally ignorance. If you werent there, if you didnt open your door then there wouldnt be an ACCIDENT. Thats providing you're too weak to hold the door
amen.
ShadowVlican
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
adamtheman wrote:Oh was that YOUR liberty I hit? My bad... uh... hmm, well if it makes it up to you, you can have the paint back. It doesn't look good on my front bumper anyways :D

Seriously though, I hit so many things with my tracker. And it was the smallest car too. I never hit a car as bad as that liberty, but I did hit a guys mountain bike one time. I was pulling into a spot at safeway and put my front end too far over the sidewalk. Pounded the guys mountain bike really hard and bent the front tire further then it was supposed to go (I assume). Thank god for reverse! And another time, also at safeway... we were pushing shopping carts with my tracker down a hill into a curb, and one of them flipped over the curb and bounced on top of a neon. Man it seemed like everything happened at safeway. So I sort of take offense when threads like this are started. Personally, I think anyone who gets this upset about a car is too materialistic. I think people who put dents in their cars are doing them a favor. The sooner they get that first dent, means the sooner they can loosen up and learn to not care anymore.
Hi there i cant afford a nice car so im going to make myself feel better by saying people that value their nice expensive possesions are petty. BTW you are a terrible driver and should have your license taken away. Threads like this shouldnt upset you, people like you should upset you.
Nov 26, 2003
132 posts
In my parking space where I live, I park my car in its usual spot and there is this lady in a red Grand Am who always parks to the left of my car. The entire left side of my car is COVERED in door dings, many of them with red paint. The dings are on my front passenger door and on my passenger rear door because her kids swing the doors wide too.

I'd confront her about it, but you know... I'm married to her.

:razz:
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
2469 posts
4 upvotes
Jetfire wrote:In my parking space where I live, I park my car in its usual spot and there is this lady in a red Grand Am who always parks to the left of my car. The entire left side of my car is COVERED in door dings, many of them with red paint. The dings are on my front passenger door and on my passenger rear door because her kids swing the doors wide too.

I'd confront her about it, but you know... I'm married to her.

:razz:
well you should find the father of those kids and slap him upside the head :lol:
Feb 7, 2005
419 posts
2 upvotes
i always park FAR away and in the corner spots never park else. i hate it when people ding doors bastards. one friday i parked the car in a "normal" spot as i was getting last for an exam, came back and it had a ding :(

before this my car had NO dings, everytime i walk to the car i see that big ass ding now :(
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2004
3899 posts
294 upvotes
Markham
^ what car do you drive? why u so careful? the only people I see would be parking far away so people don't hit their car are people that drive nice cars worth a couple hundred thousand...
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2005
2118 posts
119 upvotes
i-o_o-i wrote:^ what car do you drive? why u so careful? the only people I see would be parking far away so people don't hit their car are people that drive nice cars worth a couple hundred thousand...
Shh! don't ruin it for the average joe who actually WANTS the close spots so that they don't have to push their shopping carts full of groceries to their vehicle at the back of the lot, or have a stroller with kids who prefer the close spots. :lol:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)