None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 6, 2005
9228 posts
600 upvotes
Toronto

PLEASE READ: Guidelines for posting in the investing forum

We have now opened up a dedicated section for everyone to discuss investing, including individual stocks/ETFs/bonds/etc. The vibrant community within the Personal Finance section sees participation from everyone ranging from daytraders to users who have never bought stock before. This new forum will allow users to discuss the financials of publicly-traded companies among RedFlagDeals.com peers.

To help keep the forum consistent and easier to read, please follow these simple guidelines when posting about individual stocks/ETFs/bonds:
  • Before posting a new thread, please search to see if there is an existing thread about the stock. The intention is to have one thread per stock
  • Please keep titles consistent. Titles should follow this format: [Company Name] (Ticker symbols). Always list the Canadian exchange's ticker symbol first. For example: Research In Motion Limited (RIM, RIMM)
Please note:
This webpage and discussion forum is provided for discussion purposes only and nothing contained in the material constitutes a recommendation for the purchase or sale of any security. We do not guarantee the accuracy of any statements or information. Any person considering an investment should seek independent advice on the suitability or otherwise of the particular investment.
Follow me on Instagram and 500px
14 replies
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3161 upvotes
Calgary
How about a ban on discussing/posting any non-public information?
TodayHello wrote:
Oct 16th, 2012 9:06 pm
...The Banks are smarter than you - they have floors full of people whose job it is to read Mark77 posts...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 6, 2005
9228 posts
600 upvotes
Toronto
Mark77 wrote:
Jun 27th, 2012 4:18 pm
How about a ban on discussing/posting any non-public information?
I'm relatively sure that is just plain illegal.. nothing to do with forum rules
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3161 upvotes
Calgary
Kaitlyn wrote:
Jun 27th, 2012 4:19 pm
I'm relatively sure that is just plain illegal.. nothing to do with forum rules
Is it? But certainly RFD is a place where a lot of rank-and-file employees of publicly traded companies hang out. Comments like, "I work for RIMM and the warehouses are stacked to the ceiling with unsold Blackberries" may not be illegal "insider" information, but definitely not public information unless specifically disclosed.
TodayHello wrote:
Oct 16th, 2012 9:06 pm
...The Banks are smarter than you - they have floors full of people whose job it is to read Mark77 posts...
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2005
4772 posts
242 upvotes
Markham
Can we start threads to talk about a sector? i.e. Oil & Gas sector, gold sector, etc
Makes it easier to discuss relative value within an industry group :)
:idea: :) :lol: :razz: :D
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 6, 2005
9228 posts
600 upvotes
Toronto
charliebrown wrote:
Jun 27th, 2012 5:12 pm
Can we start threads to talk about a sector? i.e. Oil & Gas sector, gold sector, etc
Makes it easier to discuss relative value within an industry group :)
The investing forum isn't ONLY specific stocks - but when those do happen, we want to keep it consistent

Naturally there will be discussions about sectors, investing more generally, brokerages, etc.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18608 posts
1040 upvotes
Shouldn't this be a sticky? I have noticed it floating down and down...
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 6, 2005
9228 posts
600 upvotes
Toronto
brunes wrote:
Jul 6th, 2012 6:54 am
Shouldn't this be a sticky? I have noticed it floating down and down...
Yes, thank you :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 6, 2005
9228 posts
600 upvotes
Toronto
Sauerkraut wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 9:50 am
No stock tips...what are you smoking???

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/v-visa-nyse-1268335/

Now I have no love lost for the particular member in question, but since the Investing sub-forum opened, there have been a plethora of tips from all kinds of people.

What's the scoop, Kaitlyn?
Where is the guideline on stock tips? That used to be an old rule but should have disappeared as part of the new Investing forum. While we won't encourage or agree/disagree with any stock "tips"/opinions, it is simply an individual's opinion and everyone should seek independent advice for their own particular needs or situation
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2003
1154 posts
96 upvotes
Calgary
Kaitlyn wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 10:05 am
Where is the guideline on stock tips? That used to be an old rule but should have disappeared as part of the new Investing forum. While we won't encourage or agree/disagree with any stock "tips"/opinions, it is simply an individual's opinion and everyone should seek independent advice for their own particular needs or situation

If you go to the main forum listing it is noted under the description for the Personal Finance forum:

Personal Finance Visit this forum to discuss mortgages, loans, money saving tips, taxes, and more! (No stock tips allowed)!
Sub-Forums: Investing
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 6, 2005
9228 posts
600 upvotes
Toronto
Wr3ck3d wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 5:15 pm
If you go to the main forum listing it is noted under the description for the Personal Finance forum:

Personal Finance Visit this forum to discuss mortgages, loans, money saving tips, taxes, and more! (No stock tips allowed)!
Sub-Forums: Investing
Thanks, fixed!
Sep 15, 2010
535 posts
38 upvotes
Originally Posted by Mark77
Mark77 How about a ban on discussing/posting any non-public information?[Quote wrote:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 19, 2003
7355 posts
332 upvotes
Kaitlyn wrote:
Jun 25th, 2012 10:01 am
We have now opened up a dedicated section for everyone to discuss investing, including individual stocks/ETFs/bonds/etc. The vibrant community within the Personal Finance section sees participation from everyone ranging from daytraders to users who have never bought stock before. This new forum will allow users to discuss the financials of publicly-traded companies among RedFlagDeals.com peers.

To help keep the forum consistent and easier to read, please follow these simple guidelines when posting about individual stocks/ETFs/bonds:
  • Before posting a new thread, please search to see if there is an existing thread about the stock. The intention is to have one thread per stock
  • Please keep titles consistent. Titles should follow this format: [Company Name] (Ticker symbols). Always list the Canadian exchange's ticker symbol first. For example: Research In Motion Limited (RIM, RIMM)
Please note:
This webpage and discussion forum is provided for discussion purposes only and nothing contained in the material constitutes a recommendation for the purchase or sale of any security. We do not guarantee the accuracy of any statements or information. Any person considering an investment should seek independent advice on the suitability or otherwise of the particular investment.
do you know what happened to the Greece thread? it followed the rules, focused on Greek related stocks and their impact on North America's market.

it had some very valuable information for everyone and many posts, but is gone right when Greece might be kicked out or worked out today.
hi!
Feb 16, 2013
442 posts
58 upvotes
masterhapposai wrote:
Jul 12th, 2015 9:42 am
do you know what happened to the Greece thread? it followed the rules, focused on Greek related stocks and their impact on North America's market.

it had some very valuable information for everyone and many posts, but is gone right when Greece might be kicked out or worked out today.
its gone to off topic section..why is it off topic.....
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel