Pets

Please recommend an Affordable *and* Classy vet in Toronto (TTC Accessible)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2017 9:29 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2012
1591 posts
159 upvotes
I agree, bathurst/dupont animal hospital offers the best care and prices for your pets.
Apr 10, 2011
218 posts
74 upvotes
OP mentioned they were specifically looking to have their cat spayed -- I take my animals to the Bathurst Dupont Animal Hospital for illnesses, but to spay and neuter my kitties, I went to the Humane Society on River Street. They have low-cost spay/neuter services. Think we paid like, $160 to have our 2 cats spayed and neutered...that was including an extra charge because our boy had an undescended testicle which they were thankfully able to operate on.

I would highly recommend them.

http://www.torontohumanesociety.com/wha ... er-toronto
Mar 10, 2016
4 posts
1 upvote
Toronto humane society offers spay and neuter programs. They are advocates and will do it at a lower price.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
1864 posts
383 upvotes
I think op just totally used the wrong word "classy"

I think he just meant " not a dump ". It would be a little more accurate . I also laughed at the title thinking that Op was looking for some snazzy renovations.

There's nothing wrong with taking your pet to a cheap place as long as they do a good job.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1338 posts
400 upvotes
Ontario
Don't think the cats care if the place is swank. Sometimes all that glitz is to cover up a professional who isn't that good.
May 30, 2011
0 posts
Hi, I am taking my cat there on the 18th of Feb for neutering. I have doubts because of their high volume operations, I am thinking of a rushly done surgery. Now I'm relieved reading your post
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
4561 posts
1116 upvotes
Space
Humane society spay clinic. 110$ all in I believe for cats. They do a really good job and the price seems in line with what you're expecting?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
2334 posts
505 upvotes
Just don't go to king west vet. I have been to 4 vets downtown (king west, queen west, dundas west, and front.) King west is the worst. they are rude, waste your time, and could kill your pet with their negligence.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
1663 posts
147 upvotes
Toronto
Bloormill Vet in Etobicoke is good, though the way you describe the waiting room makes it seem like this is the place you went. lol

Either way, they are great. Well informed, honest and very fair prices. My dog used to go to a more expensive vet with a fancier office, but they were far worse in comparison.
15+ Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel