652 posts
135 upvotes
Britax B-Safe and Thule Urban Glide.
"I don't even know what this is and i just ordered it... damn it rfd."
"Thanks OP. Didn't need them until RFD'ers convinced me that i did!"
Oct 16, 2007
983 posts
240 upvotes
It is difficult to recommend without a budget. I do like the Maxi Cosi Mico Max 30 and Baby Jogger Strollers
- Insert Soemthing here so you will be able to recoginze me.
Nov 5, 2017
5 posts
Baby trend jogger at Walmart. Affordable and glides nicely. Looks like wheels are different from when I bought but great stroller overall
Dec 22, 2016
19 posts
2 upvotes
I bought a uppababy vista because of the bassinet, which comes really handy for the first 6 months.
Aug 11, 2017
70 posts
9 upvotes
There is a chicco travel system at Best Buy and the amazon/Costco graco 4ever deal right now. Don't have link but should be in the hot deals section
May 21, 2012
114 posts
71 upvotes
Burlington
First, you need to decide whether you want to use an infant car seat (a rear-facing only seat that has a base installed in the car and a carrier portion that can be easily snapped in/out of the car), or use a convertible seat (a seat that starts rear-facing and can later forward-face, which remains installed in the car).

Here are some recommended seats by Canadian car seat techs: infant seats and convertible seats.

It is important to try out a car seat in your vehicle before purchasing to make sure it will work. Not every car seat is compatible with every car.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1082 posts
131 upvotes
Montreal
We settled on the Nuna Pipa infant seat. Still deciding on a stroller , but looks like it will be a city mini gt.....
Aug 10, 2004
394 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
a travel system where the car seat can snap into the stroller base is really handy. If the little one falls asleep in the car, you don't have to wake them to take them out and they'll just continue sleeping, must have!!!

I have the uppababy cruz so I didn't have the bassinet. It's a nice to have but not necessary. I took my little one out in the car seat when we went out. I really like the uppababy and walking around downtown, i see most families have uppababies. It does not dictate that it's the best one, but i really like mine. i used it almost everyday while i was on mat leave. Cabin fever starts setting in after a while so you'll want to go out for a walk, even a short one in the winter. the uppababy is light and very easy to maneuver. I can keep one hand on the stroller while i'm walking the dog too. a couple other moms i know did not get the uppababy (quinny and city jogger) and after a while they regret not getting the uppababy. at the end of the day, it's more of an investment for the parents vs. the baby. it's more about the versatility for us using it as all of the strollers and car seats out there meet safety requirements. So depending on how much you think you'll use, you can think about how much you want to spend / invest.
Sep 3, 2013
660 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
kcirtap78 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 7:53 pm
We settled on the Nuna Pipa infant seat. Still deciding on a stroller , but looks like it will be a city mini gt.....
I'm curious. Why didn't you get the Mixx?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1082 posts
131 upvotes
Montreal
Find it kind of pricey at 799$. And wife seems to like the mini city gt more .
Kayceern wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 11:26 am
I'm curious. Why didn't you get the Mixx?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
5261 posts
659 upvotes
Upababy Vista with bassinet, and a pair of Maxi Cosi bucket seats with adapter for Vista.

Survived 2 boys and really, could be handed on to someone for another child. Stroller anyway. The seats are expired.
Last edited by Gutty96 on Nov 13th, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 11, 2017
70 posts
9 upvotes
Maxi cosi jool at $299 or diono rainier at $299 or clek fllo at $385 or graco 4ever at $299?
Nov 25, 2016
40 posts
18 upvotes
jc427 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 10:28 am
So depending on how much you think you'll use, you can think about how much you want to spend / invest.
Definitely agree with this. We bought one of those Chico keyfit travel systems; the car seat is great but the stroller is only passable. But I probably used the stroller less than 5 times before 6 months (at which point we got an umbrella stroller) since we preferred the carrier. We spent good money on the carrier; spend the money where you'll use it.