Please, recommend a good White wine and vodka

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 9:39 pm
[OP]
Mar 8, 2017
53 posts
3 upvotes

Please, recommend a good White wine and vodka

Please, recommend a good White wine and vodka!!! I will be having a party in the banquet hall and should bring own alcohol.
For the Rose wine I chose this one (it is not very sweet but still not super dry:
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/bering ... ibarUqnGUk
For the white wine I am looking something similar to rose of my choice.
THANK YOU
11 replies
Oct 18, 2004
167 posts
44 upvotes
Windsor
Hi Hanna,

Just to be clear, the guests are supplying their own alcohol? If so, am I correct in that they're not able to bring whatever wine or hard drink of their own choosing? If you clarify, I'd be happy to help you further in making that party special.

Daniel
[OP]
Mar 8, 2017
53 posts
3 upvotes
No) I am organizing party and I should bring alcohol for guests
Oct 18, 2004
167 posts
44 upvotes
Windsor
Got it. Is there food being served - what type(s)? What's the occasion? What's your budget? What's the experience range of the wine drinkers - beginners, occasional wine drinkers, seasoned, highly experienced connoisseurs that probably would give a better opinion than I ever could? :-)
[OP]
Mar 8, 2017
53 posts
3 upvotes
Birthday party) Variety of European food and the quests are beginners( young people - 20- 25 years old)
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4003 posts
556 upvotes
Aurora
For the white, I'd consider a Riesling which is fairly light like the Rose, though sweeter. Though a standard Chardonnay would have more universal appeal.

For the vodka. Honestly, I don't think anyone would care since for that kind of party, I doubt anybody will drink it straight, on the rocks, or make martinis. They'll just want it in OJ or tomato juice. Just get a bottle of Smirnoff or something.

In other words, you may be overthinking this and over stressing yourself.
[OP]
Mar 8, 2017
53 posts
3 upvotes
Oh Thank you. Probably you are right . I am stressing to much
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5708 posts
278 upvotes
BC
You can get some good value by buying boxed wine... Jackson Triggs is affordable and not bad for the price.
That's my 2cents worth
Oct 18, 2004
167 posts
44 upvotes
Windsor
DiceMan wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 2:31 pm
For the white, I'd consider a Riesling which is fairly light like the Rose, though sweeter. Though a standard Chardonnay would have more universal appeal.

For the vodka. Honestly, I don't think anyone would care since for that kind of party, I doubt anybody will drink it straight, on the rocks, or make martinis. They'll just want it in OJ or tomato juice. Just get a bottle of Smirnoff or something.

In other words, you may be overthinking this and over stressing yourself.
Couldn't have said it any better myself. Though I am personally privy to Grey Goose/Russian Standard straight out from the freezer, that's surely not going to happen, so I completely agree that the Smirnoff will be more than adequate to do the job.

@Hanna123 - enjoy your party and go with Diceman's choice maybe even combine it with Keelie's boxed wine suggestion. I've been to a few events where they served boxed wine and outside of being affordable it was "less" likely someone would leave the party with a box of wine to continue the revelry, it was also easier to clean up, and less chance of broken glass especially if you combine it with clear plastic cups.

- Daniel
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2272 posts
279 upvotes
Burlington
Keelie wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 12:50 am
You can get some good value by buying boxed wine... Jackson Triggs is affordable and not bad for the price.
Magnotta too
Free Nortel tips and tricks blog, as well as second opinion on a move to VoIP (for my RFD friends).
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5708 posts
278 upvotes
BC
Casper wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 8:50 pm
Magnotta too
We dont have Magnotta here.
That's my 2cents worth
Oct 27, 2012
196 posts
82 upvotes
Shwa
i dont drink vodka normally, but i was given a bottle of Loon vodka ( from quebec i think) and it was really smooth. highly recommend