Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1345 posts
1293 upvotes
GTA
Tangerine Unsecured.

Tangerine Prime + 1.00% (currently 4.95% as of writing).
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6159 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto
CIBC send me an online offer for 30K P+3%, is there a chance they can reduce the rate if I call in? or if I accept it now, is there a chance the rate will lower or the limit will in crease automatically? Or should i refuse now and hope to get a better offer later?
Oct 29, 2009
609 posts
294 upvotes
georgecantstandya wrote: Tangerine Unsecured.

Were you offered this at random or did you ask them for a LOC?
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1345 posts
1293 upvotes
GTA
McGuillicuddy wrote: Were you offered this at random or did you ask them for a LOC?
Random email stating I was pre-approved. Even though I don't use it, couldn't say no.. matched my HELOC through the Credit Union.
greg123 wrote: CIBC send me an online offer for 30K P+3%, is there a chance they can reduce the rate if I call in? or if I accept it now, is there a chance the rate will lower or the limit will in crease automatically? Or should i refuse now and hope to get a better offer later?
It doesn't hurt to call them and try.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
4785 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Hi, does anyone have any tips on opening a USD unsecured line of credit? Currently I'm with Simplii and they don't offer this. Can I open a line with another bank or will I have to move all my banking as well?

Thanks!
Heatware PEPSI IPOD MINI WINNER (JUNE 2005)
Oct 29, 2009
609 posts
294 upvotes
Tangerine offered me Prime + 6% = 9.95%

I have outstanding credit, stable situation, no car loans owing, etc. Very low risk. So I have no idea how they arrive at their numbers but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with your risk profile.
Nov 24, 2015
325 posts
203 upvotes
Toronto, ON
maebach wrote: Hi, does anyone have any tips on opening a USD unsecured line of credit? Currently I'm with Simplii and they don't offer this. Can I open a line with another bank or will I have to move all my banking as well?

Thanks!
RBC Bank (USA) offers USD PLC to Canadian resident.
https://www.rbcbank.com/cross-border/us-loans.html

They will pull your Canadian Credit to assess your qualification, but you don't have to move any assets for that purpose.
Jun 23, 2017
924 posts
472 upvotes
Toronto, ON
georgecantstandya wrote: Tangerine Unsecured.

WOW! that's only slightly above some SECURED HOME EQUITY LOC's ..... like mine! WOW!
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3783 posts
1197 upvotes
Parry Sound
McGuillicuddy wrote: Tangerine offered me Prime + 6% = 9.95%

I have outstanding credit, stable situation, no car loans owing, etc. Very low risk. So I have no idea how they arrive at their numbers but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with your risk profile.
They just offered me Prime + 2% and I don't even use the bank anymore. It's on promotion for $2.95% for a few months and will then jump to 5.95%

Tangerine's selection process makes absolutely no sense. It took me 3 tries to get approved for their card but they just handed me an LOC.

Maybe they're hoping I'd start banking with them again.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3783 posts
1197 upvotes
Parry Sound
cheapskatescooner wrote: TD Prime Rate + 11.23%. Currently 15.18%!
That's gotta hurt
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Dec 30, 2017
2 posts
2 upvotes
Got a pre-approved LOC from RBC for 25k@ Royal Bank Prime + 1.50% (3.95+1.50 - with condition - The RBC Prime Rate can change at any time and without notice. If it does, your rate will also change.)

I like the offer and going to take it but I was wondering if I can have them increase the limit to 50K? Is is possible?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2014
1373 posts
412 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
samwinchester1900 wrote: Got a pre-approved LOC from RBC for 25k@ Royal Bank Prime + 1.50% (3.95+1.50 - with condition - The RBC Prime Rate can change at any time and without notice. If it does, your rate will also change.)

I like the offer and going to take it but I was wondering if I can have them increase the limit to 50K? Is is possible?
I'm sure you can ask, but it will get you a credit hit, whereas if you just accept the current offer you probably won't get one.

And good job, that's a great offer!

I'm guessing you have other business with RBC --- bank accounts, credit cards?
Dec 30, 2017
2 posts
2 upvotes
John47 wrote: I'm sure you can ask, but it will get you a credit hit, whereas if you just accept the current offer you probably won't get one.

And good job, that's a great offer!

I'm guessing you have other business with RBC --- bank accounts, credit cards?

Yes. I have a personal RBC bank account and TfSA with them. No credit card for my personal account. For business acc i have bank account, credit card and visa line of credit of 5k which I have never used.
Jul 19, 2017
14 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver, B.C.
TD sent an offer to me by mail: pre-approved for $25K @ prime + 1.99%. I was a bit surprised at the rate as my wife has an existing ULOC with TD and her credit score is better than mine but her rate is prime + 4.49%.