• Mar 25th, 2017 9:09 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11836 posts
829 upvotes
Toronto

Please suggest airport limo service from Scarborough to Pearson

I am taking a vacation and will need to take a Airport Limo/shuttle from my home in east Scarborough (near the metro zoo) to Pearson. Can someone suggest a reasonable/reliable service and what will be the cost?

thanks
29 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
2331 posts
1234 upvotes
hightech wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 7:12 pm
I am taking a vacation and will need to take a Airport Limo/shuttle from my home in east Scarborough (near the metro zoo) to Pearson. Can someone suggest a reasonable/reliable service and what will be the cost?

thanks
Why do you need a limo to go to the airport? Are you an RFD celebrity?

What's wrong with taking a taxi or Uber?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11836 posts
829 upvotes
Toronto
superfresh89 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 7:15 pm
Why do you need a limo to go to the airport? Are you an RFD celebrity?

What's wrong with taking a taxi or Uber?
I use the term limo as transportation and not a stretch limo. I am taking myself and my Dad (Senior) and not sure if Uber will be available in advance (around 7 am)
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
2331 posts
1234 upvotes
hightech wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 7:43 pm
I use the term limo as transportation and not a stretch limo. I am taking myself and my Dad (Senior) and not sure if Uber will be available in advance (around 7 am)
You can't pre-arrange an Uber - it's a live service and you book just a few minutes before you need it. The driver usually shows up within 5 minutes of ordering it.

There's tons of airport shuttle services available.. just do a quick google search. Most of them will cost a lot more than taking an Uber. You could splurge and get an UberXL or Uber Black :)
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
4488 posts
2225 upvotes
Some taxi companies have flat rates check to see with them. If you need to leave by 7am, just call for 6:45am in case they are a few mins late.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7104 posts
430 upvotes
Toronto
superfresh89 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 8:00 pm
You can't pre-arrange an Uber - it's a live service and you book just a few minutes before you need it. The driver usually shows up within 5 minutes of ordering it.

There's tons of airport shuttle services available.. just do a quick google search. Most of them will cost a lot more than taking an Uber. You could splurge and get an UberXL or Uber Black :)
Well technically Uber did introduce a feature to sort of prebook an uberX, it's still subject to availability so not guaranteed but I suppose it does help Uber better plan where to direct drivers for fares.

I usually just UberX or UPExpress it to the airport but I live downtown where UberX is almost 24x7, before that I used www.aerofleet.ca I liked their free wake up calls.

https://www.uber.com/info/scheduled-rides/

You might also want to see how much it costs to book a rental car picking up the rental car at a location close to you the night before and dropping it off at the airport. Many locations will not charge extra to drop a car off at the airport. This way you can drive yourself and it could be cheaper especially for somewhere as far east as pick/scar border.
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11836 posts
829 upvotes
Toronto
Does Uber have a number you can call or is it just web/phone based? I am taking a smart phone without a local sim card and a flip phone so how would I get uber?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7104 posts
430 upvotes
Toronto
hightech wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:33 pm
Does Uber have a number you can call or is it just web/phone based? I am taking a smart phone without a local sim card and a flip phone so how would I get uber?
You're referring to leaving your home in Scarborough not leaving the airport correct? No Uber does not have a number for dispatch.

I usually rock an old blackberry when I go travelling and leave my iPhone at home, just order the uber and when the car arrives, jump in and leave your phone at home. Once you are in the car the ride starts and maybe for good measures observe the uberX guy end the trip, however I've never had an uber driver try and cheat that sort of thing.

Everything is billed to your credit card. If you haven't used uber before, ask one of your friends for their referral code. You'll get $15 off and so will your friend (or PM me hahaha).

Leaving the airport just use an airport limo, or look at booking a rental car with a drop off at your local agency, many places won't charge you for that either.

This all depends on the time of day, if there is any risk of traffic (7-11am or 3-7pm) you are probably better served with a flat rate from an airport limo company or taxi company.

Safe travels.
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2952 posts
438 upvotes
Airline Limo - 416-675-3638

Cost is determined by area (i.e. east of Victoria Park, that type of thing). You would have to call and ask them for a quote.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5625 posts
755 upvotes
Mississauga
hightech wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 7:12 pm

thanks
Just a thought. Have you thought of staying at a hotel the night before close to the airport. They have free shuttle to the airport and free parking for 1 week.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
4122 posts
157 upvotes
Peterborough
dr..poker wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 11:21 am
Used these guys before as they have an online quote which will instantly give you the price based on your address of departure. http://www.aeroporttaxi.com/
Used them as well on a few occasions and they're fairly cheap and always showed up on time.
PSN ID: SaabFanatic
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9571 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
I have a suggestion. I'll find it later and post it. I've used them several times and they're cheaper than the standard airport limo. Cars might be an older model lincoln but still good. I live near you too OP.
Feb 11, 2012
52 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I've used Pearson Vision and really enjoy them. They are a fixed rate and operate under the airport. A++