Please suggest best course

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2018 11:34 am
[OP]
Mar 1, 2018
12 posts

Please suggest best course

Hi everyone

I'm from India, currently pursuing Masters in Mathematics.
i wish to move to Canada ,So please suggest best course which i should apply which have better scope in Canada in future .

i am interested to do courses in math,computers or business.

So please suggest courses in similar field with good scope.

Thank you in advance.
23 replies
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
1244 posts
138 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Taxi Cab seems like a great job when u come to Canada, oh wait, Im just kidding, Uber, ok I'm kidding as well. To be frank with you, its hard to land a job like that when u first come here, so maybe start somewhere small at first like working in customer service or retail sales, then work ur way up to one of those positions
Hi
[OP]
Mar 1, 2018
12 posts
GoodFellaz wrote:
Mar 10th, 2018 11:44 pm
Taxi Cab seems like a great job when u come to Canada, oh wait, Im just kidding, Uber, ok I'm kidding as well. To be frank with you, its hard to land a job like that when u first come here, so maybe start somewhere small at first like working in customer service or retail sales, then work ur way up to one of those positions
THANKS for your suggestion
But I'm asking for course to study, i want to continue studies but not able to choose which is better.
Feb 14, 2018
27 posts
19 upvotes
Canada is a huge country. Where in Canada were you looking to stay? What universities?

U of T, Ryerson and York are the 3 big universities in Toronto where I live. But the cost of living here is really high. If you don't have money, its going to be hard. Maybe look for something outside Toronto, like Waterloo. Or Western.
[OP]
Mar 1, 2018
12 posts
Distrust wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 3:28 pm
Computers
Can i change my field to computers now? Any idea, which universities will allow me to do that?
[OP]
Mar 1, 2018
12 posts
thrillho1234 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 4:17 pm
Canada is a huge country. Where in Canada were you looking to stay? What universities?

U of T, Ryerson and York are the 3 big universities in Toronto where I live. But the cost of living here is really high. If you don't have money, its going to be hard. Maybe look for something outside Toronto, like Waterloo. Or Western.
Yes, i was thinking to live outside big cities,
Universities may be in bc, qb or Toronto
I don't want to go for academic job, that's why not thinking to do phd in Maths.
Rest you People know better
If i can change fields, by doing masters in other stream, that would be good, otherwise i have to do masters in math
Don't know what's scope after that, that's why i posted it here.
Jan 29, 2017
889 posts
747 upvotes
What do you want to do after graduating? What level of studies you want in Canada?
[OP]
Mar 1, 2018
12 posts
peli33 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 9:55 pm
What do you want to do after graduating?
I'm already doing masters of Mathematics in India
But i think i chose wrong course
That's why asked suggestion here if anything could be done now
Can do masters in fields i mentioned in first post.
Please suggest better based on scope
Jan 29, 2017
889 posts
747 upvotes
rockstar001 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 9:58 pm
I'm already doing masters of Mathematics in India
But i think i chose wrong course
That's why asked suggestion here if anything could be done now
Can do masters in fields i mentioned in first post.
Please suggest better based on scope
You stated interest in Math, CS & Business but don't enjoy current masters in Math. Are you not interested in specific areas of Math only?

If you are overall proficient in Math & CS and can apply your knowledge to solve business problems (think Machine learning/Data Science), that is an interesting venue to explore. Ultimately it is all about what YOU want to do most.
[OP]
Mar 1, 2018
12 posts
peli33 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 5:31 pm
You stated interest in Math, CS & Business but don't enjoy current masters in Math. Are you not interested in specific areas of Math only?

If you are overall proficient in Math & CS and can apply your knowledge to solve business problems (think Machine learning/Data Science), that is an interesting venue to explore. Ultimately it is all about what YOU want to do most.
I stated that because masters in math in India will land to academic job mostly, which i don't wish to do.
And if i can do masters in fields i mentioned in Canada that would be better.
Your suggestion of courses seems interesting, but can i apply to them with my masters in math, or they need background with cs.
And how about job opportunities in those areas
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2014
1584 posts
509 upvotes
Alberta
rockstar001 wrote:
Mar 10th, 2018 1:54 am
anybody ? please suggest anything.
My suggestion is save your money and instead of doing masters in India. It will not be recognized here. You will have to do some schooling here. Everyone I know that has come to Canada in the last 5-10 years that were professional has gone back to India.
[OP]
Mar 1, 2018
12 posts
abc123yyz wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 10:24 pm
My suggestion is save your money and instead of doing masters in India. It will not be recognized here. You will have to do some schooling here. Everyone I know that has come to Canada in the last 5-10 years that were professional has gone back to India.
Hi
I'm ready to do masters again and i asked suggestion regarding that
What will be better for me to study in Canada.
Thanks for your suggestion
Jan 29, 2017
889 posts
747 upvotes
rockstar001 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 10:17 pm
I stated that because masters in math in India will land to academic job mostly, which i don't wish to do.
And if i can do masters in fields i mentioned in Canada that would be better.
Your suggestion of courses seems interesting, but can i apply to them with my masters in math, or they need background with cs.
And how about job opportunities in those areas
What is your current research area in Math? Some areas of Math are great for CS especially at the graduate level. Once again depends on your end game. Math, CS or Biz backgrounds can lead to many different jobs.