• Jun 18th, 2018 10:47 am
Tags:
15 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2013
4554 posts
1128 upvotes
Halifax
those with plexpass, why? ive been using the free version for so long. i have not really noticed any need for any additional features. but perhaps there is one i am missing. what makes it worth it?
[OP]
Jul 28, 2010
414 posts
153 upvotes
neverhaveiever wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 10:08 am
those with plexpass, why? ive been using the free version for so long. i have not really noticed any need for any additional features. but perhaps there is one i am missing. what makes it worth it?
The only thing that intrigues me is Live TV & DVR (with guide). This also allows me to watch my OTA content remotely. You're right, for most not necessary.
Oct 24, 2017
87 posts
106 upvotes
Just signed up - thank you.

Since PayPal or a CC is required to sign up for the 30-day trial, remember to (after signing up) immediately go into your account and cancel the trial. You'll still have the 30-day trial and won't be charged post 30 days.
Nov 16, 2015
94 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto, ON
neverhaveiever wrote:
i really only use to to save media on my phone so i dont have to go through itunes.

works well for flights
Sep 9, 2011
58 posts
24 upvotes
neverhaveiever wrote:
Easy offline sync to devices in any quality version of my choosing. Yes I can do it manually with handbrake, etc but this is easy enough for ANY family member using my server.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2013
4554 posts
1128 upvotes
Halifax
1SPiKE1 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 6:21 pm
Easy offline sync to devices in any quality version of my choosing. Yes I can do it manually with handbrake, etc but this is easy enough for ANY family member using my server.
Thanks. The general consensus seems to be the offline version is the most beneficial reason to get the pass.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
1824 posts
1281 upvotes
Calgary
i installed today and then cancelled renewal. I'm getting it free until August 13. That's two months...
In your pants!
May 1, 2015
408 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BlueLightSpecial wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 9:48 am
"Get your footie fix with 30 FREE Days of Plex Pass!"

Got an email for this deal. Last time I signed up for the Free Pass during the Olympics I got the $75 USD Lifetime offer shortly after that.
any tips on how to set up the live tv feature? i dont have an OTA antenna
If you did not switch to the $60 10GB plan when everyone else did you are not a true RFD'er 😝
Running successful Spotify group buy since June 2018
Running successful Netflix group buy since Dec 2017
Dec 21, 2007
505 posts
106 upvotes
Scarborough
FatWallet wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 7:11 pm
i installed today and then cancelled renewal. I'm getting it free until August 13. That's two months...
Me too, but I do somewhat wonder if this means we'll be billed for a single month still. When I did sign up, it initially said it would be free until July 17th, then I would be billed the monthly rate. Now that I cancelled, the email they went said "Your subscription will be active until 2018/08/17, but it will no longer renew."

Given it first said I will be billed beyond July 17th, and now says the subscription will be active until August 17th, either means they gave 1 more month free upon cancellation, or the cancellation won't hit until after the start of month 2...Either way, if I get 2 months to try a Plexpass for $7 that isn't so bad (still debating buying lifetime if I ever get the discounted rate, so this should be a good test).
I am the Stig's brother's cousin's friend's former roommate.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
1824 posts
1281 upvotes
Calgary
If they try to bill me, it will bounce. I used Privacy.com to sign up with a virtual credit card. (Sorry, Canadians, only available in the US)
In your pants!