Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Future Shop

PM Canon T2i @ FutureShop $943+$50 Gift Card

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2010 4:18 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 25, 2007
65 posts
4 upvotes

[Future Shop] PM Canon T2i @ FutureShop $943+$50 Gift Card

Got a new Canon T2i at FutureShop at 401 & Winston Churchill for $943 + got a $50 Gift Card. Did a price Match from The Camera Store in Calgary. Link-

http://www.thecamerastore.com/products/ ... 5mm-f35-56

Initially Future Shop said that there is a $25 shipping charge so will only price match for $975 but then I called the store in Calgary, they said there is no Shipping charges for T2i. Was able to get a PM for the advertised price.

I think its a neat deal for T2i.

With the $50 GC got a 16 GB SD card.

Note that thecamerastore.ca shows T2i as coming soon but they do have it.
132 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2003
3198 posts
62 upvotes
Kitchener - Waterloo
Quite a deal - not bad at all actually.

The Camera is quite nice, the 1080p HD video on it is good, and it is an improvement over T1i.

Technically you are getting this for less than $900 which is a deal in my book!

Spank you so much OP for sharing this deal!
Mar 3, 2008
301 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Awesome, thanks. I guess I'll try the pm. Sometimes it's hit or miss with these guys though...
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1763 posts
554 upvotes
Edmonton
How does this camera compare to Nikon D90?

Thank you,
May 9, 2005
884 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
Even better deal....

Get Henrys 999.99 to PM with the Camera Store (at 948.XX) and you also get a free bag (50 bux) and battery (70 bux).....

Did it myself....YMMV
Mar 9, 2005
763 posts
101 upvotes
Is it the same battery and grip as the XS?
May 9, 2005
884 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
Pepsidewd wrote: Is it the same battery and grip as the XS?
No they changed the battery and grip for this model....
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1378 upvotes
Kanata
uglyguy wrote: How does this camera compare to Nikon D90?

Thank you,
That, my friend, is what the interwebs are for. Asking people here to compare two totally different cameras from separate makers is not going to get you much... :o

Since it's Happy Wednesday, here is one good LINK to get you started. You can't go wrong with dpreview.com
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2008
6858 posts
220 upvotes
Ontario
Didn't even know the T2i was available now, thanks OP.
Since they improved the HD 1080p video to 30fps, the major reason I didn't jump on the T1 on BoxingDay, going to get this for sure when a bomb price comes around. This price is still too fresh (not super hot) and I can wait, while I get by with my nonDSLR SX1.
With the T1, fast action did not jitter at 720p, at 1080p it got choppy, my brother has one.
The next closest thing is an MKII, way out of my ballpark.

Why do the pros say Canon has the best glass (lenses)?
Mar 15, 2004
976 posts
311 upvotes
zoolander wrote: Didn't even know the T2i was available now, thanks OP.
Since they improved the HD 1080p video to 30fps, the major reason I didn't jump on the T1 on BoxingDay, going to get this for sure when a bomb price comes around. This price is still too fresh (not super hot) and I can wait, while I get by with my nonDSLR SX1.
With the T1, fast action did not jitter at 720p, at 1080p it got choppy, my brother has one.

Why do the pros say Canon has the best glass (lenses)?
Just wanted to let everyone know that a DSLR movie is way different them a P&S movie mode. The biggest difference is there is no realtime focusing. Therefore it is only good if you are recording something that is stationary, which is nearly impossible it you are trying to record a 3 year old like me. Because the focusing mechanism is different (not focused on senor) it cannot do realtime focusing. So in order to focus a moving object, you will have to press the focus button which will bring the image out of focus in order to focus it. As well, unless you are planning to buy a $700+ lens with USM motor, you will definitely hear the lens motor while focusing.

I learn this after upgrading my S3is to a T1i. So just beware, you should not buy a DSLR for their movie mode as it has limited application.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1320 posts
111 upvotes
Nice deal. I want one too, but Henrys is not longer in my province(this is news to me).
Gooner wrote: Even better deal....

Get Henrys 999.99 to PM with the Camera Store (at 948.XX) and you also get a free bag (50 bux) and battery (70 bux).....

Did it myself....YMMV
Intel 2600K @ 4.5Ghz / 8GB
Asus P8P67 DELUXE / Asus GTX 780
Antec 900 Mid Tower / Corsair H70 / XFX 850W Power Supply
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1378 upvotes
Kanata
jsywong wrote: Just wanted to let everyone know that a DSLR movie is way different them a P&S movie mode. The biggest difference is there is no realtime focusing. Therefore it is only good if you are recording something that is stationary, which is nearly impossible it you are trying to record a 3 year old like me. Because the focusing mechanism is different (not focused on senor) it cannot do realtime focusing. So in order to focus a moving object, you will have to press the focus button which will bring the image out of focus in order to focus it. As well, unless you are planning to buy a $700+ lens with USM motor, you will definitely hear the lens motor while focusing.

I learn this after upgrading my S3is to a T1i. So just beware, you should not buy a DSLR for their movie mode as it has limited application.
That has always been the knock on trying to record HD movies using a DSLR (swiss army knife thinking). If you can't maintain auto-focus, this is next to useless to many everyday users.

Is this still the same for the T2i though?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
1381 posts
61 upvotes
jsywong wrote: Just wanted to let everyone know that a DSLR movie is way different them a P&S movie mode. The biggest difference is there is no realtime focusing. Therefore it is only good if you are recording something that is stationary, which is nearly impossible it you are trying to record a 3 year old like me. Because the focusing mechanism is different (not focused on senor) it cannot do realtime focusing. So in order to focus a moving object, you will have to press the focus button which will bring the image out of focus in order to focus it. As well, unless you are planning to buy a $700+ lens with USM motor, you will definitely hear the lens motor while focusing.

With enough practice you can get pretty good at manual focusing. Just have to know which way to turn the focusing ring.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
2036 posts
934 upvotes
Calgary
jsywong wrote: I learn this after upgrading my S3is to a T1i. So just beware, you should not buy a DSLR for their movie mode as it has limited application.

Good info.

I just purchased a Canon Vixia HF200 and was thinking I just should have bought the T2i instead.

So you have to manual focus or risk the auto focus zooming in and out???
Mar 15, 2004
976 posts
311 upvotes
Captain Snazzypants wrote: That has always been the knock on trying to record HD movies using a DSLR (swiss army knife thinking). If you can't maintain auto-focus, this is next to useless to many everyday users.

Is this still the same for the T2i though?
Doing a quick search, the T2i is the same thing. Also as mentioned, you need to buy an expensive USM lens so when during recording focus, it does not record as much of the motor noise. Again, ppl should not buy DSLR for it's movie function, it is just not practical.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2748 posts
942 upvotes
The T2i can auto focus during movie mode now, but the microphone pics up the noise and can only record 12 minutes at a time. It is good for artistic stuff I guess and shooting video in a pinch.

I have a T2i (amazing camera, even in low light) but i still use a Sanyo FH1 for video, it is awesome and shoots in 1080p/60p for butter smooth panning. This years Sanyo doesn't do 60fps @ 1080p though. The only thing that Canon has that the Sanyo doesn't is a 24p mode for the film/movie look.

TL;DR: T2i is super, closes the consumer/professional gap but not a camcorder replacement.
Banned
Nov 19, 2005
2985 posts
6 upvotes
Markham/Kingston
jsywong wrote: Doing a quick search, the T2i is the same thing. Also as mentioned, you need to buy an expensive USM lens so when during recording focus, it does not record as much of the motor noise. Again, ppl should not buy DSLR for it's movie function, it is just not practical.
I agree and disagree with your statement. People should buy DSRLs for the movie function if they know what they're doing. And it definitely isn't practical and as easy to use as your traditional camcorders.

You can check out a video I did here with my 5D Mark II and it's pretty decent. I am no professional videographer and have somewhat shaky hands but you can see the possibilities in this technology for sure:

http://spencerfu.com/blog/2010/02/10/ho ... y-benefit/
Toronto Wedding, Fashion & Lifestyle Photographer
www.spencerfu.com

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)