• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2018 3:43 pm
[OP]
Jan 24, 2018
235 posts
44 upvotes
tmkf_patryk wrote:
May 19th, 2018 3:22 am
I agree with the other poster. Maybe you should just visit and volunteer at like an SPCA or animal shelter once in a while to get your cat fix. I mean look at it this way. Your spending more time on rfd talking and arguing about the cat than actually working towards a solution.
i have already found a solution. someone here mentioned to get a specific brush which i did. it helped tremendously.

second thing i did, was i shaved his fur. now he doesnt shed so he's okay now
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10814 posts
1419 upvotes
jimmysack wrote:
May 21st, 2018 3:33 pm
i have already found a solution. someone here mentioned to get a specific brush which i did. it helped tremendously.

second thing i did, was i shaved his fur. now he doesnt shed so he's okay now
Shaving should be an absolute last resort and never should be done because of shedding. Without fur your cat will need to be kept indoors at all times. Also monitor if he takes a snooze by the windows, without the fur he's more likely to take sun baths (as he'll feel colder). This could cause sun burns. Also shaving a cat doesn't stop shedding. It actually makes it worse. Now instead of regular length cat hair that a descent brush does a good job removing, you get really short hair particles that a brush will only send it flying into the air.

Maybe one of those rubber hand brushes might be more effective which relies on static for the hair to stick to the brush... but the needle brush or any with teeth won't be.