• Jan 25th, 2012 9:58 am
Tags:
None
Nov 26, 2006
534 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto

Police auction worth it?

Was checking online for some cheap cars to help me get to uni and back (See 'First Hybrid' thread) and stumbled upon a Toronto police auction with over +500 vehicles that will happen this weekend. My budget is $5K.

Anyone with experience in this?

Police auction: yay? or nay?
8 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2005
2645 posts
44 upvotes
Bay Area
Can you help some of us stumble upon said auction as well?
Deal Addict
May 7, 2008
1061 posts
North Toronto Auction usually has X-police cruisers. Ideally you would want an X-OPP cruiser compared to a municipal police cruiser.

5K will get you an older model year cruiser, the identified version, with usually a few holes on the roof. and close to 200,000 klms.
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
251 posts
AGR-1 wrote:
Jul 21st, 2010 8:34 pm
North Toronto Auction usually has X-police cruisers. Ideally you would want an X-OPP cruiser compared to a municipal police cruiser.

5K will get you an older model year cruiser, the identified version, with usually a few holes on the roof. and close to 200,000 klms.
I've never known them to make an auction for only police cruzers.

to the op- lots of bargins, go for it.
Aug 10, 2007
389 posts
3 upvotes
Canada
I think the OP meant police auction as in cars impounded and are now being auctioned off for what ever reason. I don't think he meant actual police cars lol.
[OP]
Nov 26, 2006
534 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
storch wrote:
Jul 21st, 2010 9:18 pm
I think the OP meant police auction as in cars impounded and are now being auctioned off for what ever reason. I don't think he meant actual police cars lol.
Yea lol

Kinda don't have a need for a Crown Vic atm
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
2351 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
just wondering how it went OP, did u end up going? find any deals?
× < >