Is Police Foundations worth it?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2019 2:19 am
[OP]
Feb 3, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote

Is Police Foundations worth it?

I was researching for some feedbacks about Police Foundations and many people say that it's useless. I was planning to go to Humber College for PF, but after some feedback, I’m confused and don't know what to do. I know that Humber College offers to volunteer in 22 Division Rover Crew, which is in Toronto Police Service. So, here is the question: Is it that useless to go for PF?
Or after PF, you have an opportunity to transfer to the university or go for PSI (Protection, Security, Investigation): Crime Scene Investigation and get a certificate.
Have you ever had an experience with Humber College and PF? If yes, did it help you to get into the police forces?
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
2873 posts
636 upvotes
No, get a college diploma or university degree. Money better spent and helps you with higher potential later on.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2100 posts
1177 upvotes
It’s a waste of time. You don’t need it to become a cop and it’s literally useless for anything else.

If you’re seriously thinking of going to Uni then it would be fine as you would be able to get good marks, but think about going for a program in uni that would be useful for other career paths.

- Former PF ‘graduate’ See-no-evil Monkey
Feb 10, 2018
26 posts
7 upvotes
Retired officer here dont waste your money. Volunteer and take post secondary education in a field that will will be valuable further in your career. Business degree for say rcmp commercial crime. Electronics if you get into covert installs. Look for a valuable skill u can use after your unifoem stint is done
May 29, 2017
64 posts
23 upvotes
I'll tell it the way I seen it with friends I know made it into rcmp and Toronto police.

Only thing that matter is a degree and volunteer hours. My friends had one thing in common. They volunteered for sever hours. I dont mean a few hundred I mean they been doing it for years....

That's all that matter. Show that you care about the community and giving back to it. That program at humber is pointless in my opinion
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11338 posts
6143 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Waste of time and money.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Mar 7, 2010
479 posts
50 upvotes
Scarborough
If you get a job related to the field yes. If not, no.
In the Soviet Union - It takes more courage for one to retreat than to advance
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1513 posts
192 upvotes
Markham, ON
Students positions are up again on the Ontario career site gojobs. You can go there for some other potential careers to look at even if you are not currently a student.