Off Topic

Police overstepped when arresting woman for not holding escalator handrail, Supreme Court rules

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2019 7:58 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
11197 posts
917 upvotes
Brampton

Police overstepped when arresting woman for not holding escalator handrail, Supreme Court rules

global news

Make sure you hold the handrail or else you will be in big trouble with the police! You would be breaking a massive law in our nation!
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
19 replies
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7312 posts
1293 upvotes
Next will be mandatory pink toilet paper usage !
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5555 posts
826 upvotes
Toronto
Who actually hire these kinds of idiots?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5421 posts
662 upvotes
Calgary
YES!!!

......but what happened to the lower courts and appeal court?
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1320 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto
test9251 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2019 3:25 pm
Who actually hire these kinds of idiots?
Theres lots of morons here that think cops are infallible and are educated in the law, which they are entrusted to enforce.

Your tax dollars at work.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
29540 posts
15395 upvotes
Ottawa
A "Quebec" police officer...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 22, 2005
9288 posts
69 upvotes
Oakville, ON
So in Quebec if you see this sign you had better start dancing

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only be wasted.
Red Green
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
4931 posts
1068 upvotes
I agree this is stupid. But it is a lot less severe than the corruption of the police in other countries. From my experiences with police, they are generally decent people just trying to do their jobs and stay alive. A few bad apples make the news and then we think the whole team is bad.

Police are people too. We need Robocop.
Jun 5, 2015
964 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BananaHunter wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2019 11:14 pm
I agree this is stupid. But it is a lot less severe than the corruption of the police in other countries. From my experiences with police, they are generally decent people just trying to do their jobs and stay alive. A few bad apples make the news and then we think the whole team is bad.

Union will never allow robocop...
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
4847 posts
594 upvotes
Ottawa
BananaHunter wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2019 11:14 pm

I think part of why people tend to form negative opinions about the police is how youtube, the media, etc. can take a small set of negative interactions/events/officers and make it seem a lot worse than it is.

For example, I can go on Youtube and probably find a thousand examples of police officers acting improperly in the US. That sounds bad, until I remember that there around one million police officers in the US, meaning that it represents one tenth of 1% of them.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
11197 posts
917 upvotes
Brampton
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2019 12:52 am
I think part of why people tend to form negative opinions about the police is how youtube, the media, etc. can take a small set of negative interactions/events/officers and make it seem a lot worse than it is.

For example, I can go on Youtube and probably find a thousand examples of police officers acting improperly in the US. That sounds bad, until I remember that there around one million police officers in the US, meaning that it represents one tenth of 1% of them.
Also not every bad police interaction is recorded and put online.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11958 posts
2832 upvotes
Montréal
Idiot cop and also all those lower courts! Just wow... How stupid can ppl get???
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
17763 posts
2928 upvotes
Toronto
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2019 12:52 am

The police is largely a force built around solidarity and obedience, not individual judgement and conscience. The entire culture, top to bottom, is designed to foster an 'us vs them' mentality of total obedience to their superiors, right or wrong, and punish anyone who deviates or criticizes a fellow officer for bad behavior. There might only be a few bad apples, but when they all fanatically defend those bad apples and dogpile anyone who says different the entire bunch is rotten to the core.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2046 posts
2042 upvotes
Living the dream
You guys think it's a joke but I once lost a shoelace while not holding the handrail on one of these maneaters. Do you know how long it takes to find a compatible shoelace for a pair of 1976 Zeller's Windracers?
The name is pronounced El‧u‧àr‧do. I am the ultimate deal hunter, y'all just gatherers. I was the first openly black man to get a Costco membership.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
23286 posts
2826 upvotes
Montreal
vkizzle wrote:
Nov 30th, 2019 6:59 pm
A "Quebec" police officer...
Actually it should be Quebec "police officer".

These are not real cops, these are transit rent-a-cops. For those who couldn't get into the academy. They are idiots.

I've successfully fought their tickets in court before

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)