• Feb 23rd, 2019 11:28 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
8962 posts
5249 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)

Political posts outside of OT

Recently there seems to be more and more political posts outside of Off-Topic. I'm not one to stop political discussion since we live in a democracy but it should remain in off-topic as per RFD rules. Forums and threads are being muddied by political non-sense like every newspaper website.

Can the mods start imposing warning and then infractions.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
11 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12099 posts
22404 upvotes
Scarborough
If you see a discussion thread taking a political twist, report the post that seems to have started it and we'll get to it as soon as we can.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14224 posts
1098 upvotes
If there can't be political posts outside the politics section it should be the same for avatars and signatures.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2404 posts
1086 upvotes
Ojam wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 3:38 pm
If there can't be political posts outside the politics section it should be the same for avatars and signatures.
Fair enough, Ojam, but isn't your avatar of a phallic object, with a toupee and stick appendages? Winking Face
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14224 posts
1098 upvotes
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 8:27 am
Fair enough, Ojam, but isn't your avatar of a phallic object, with a toupee and stick appendages? Winking Face
No, it's Abracadaniel.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
6672 posts
1619 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
Ojam wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 3:38 pm
I would find it curious if RFD prohibited political avatars or signatures while accepting political advertising. Tonight I have several times seen a banner promoting the Trans Mountain Pipeline while I was reading Hot Deals.

At the least I would think that if RFD was going to permit political advertising that it would be limited to the Political, Religious, and Controversial Forum.
Earthlings, you're evicted.
You are not getting the damage deposit back.

God
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14224 posts
1098 upvotes
MexiCanuck wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 11:49 pm
I would find it curious if RFD prohibited political avatars or signatures while accepting political advertising. Tonight I have several times seen a banner promoting the Trans Mountain Pipeline while I was reading Hot Deals.

At the least I would think that if RFD was going to permit political advertising that it would be limited to the Political, Religious, and Controversial Forum.
That's fair. However an ad isn't going to prompt posters to start talking politics in a random thread where as a user's signature or avatar might be seen as an invitation to do so. Also previously when politics was only permitted in one subform political/religious signatures and avatars were not permitted. I've seen some signatures that are just straight up trolling another poster or avatars that are trying to be politically provacative.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
833 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
No political content in signatures
When did this happen?
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)
Aug 20, 2009
7130 posts
1832 upvotes
Grimsby
Your signature was reported yesterday and edited, as were others that were offside. If you meant when did this become a rule, it always has been:

"All standard forum rules apply to signature content" and "Religious and political content are not allowed (Exceptions: Politics & Religion forum)" from the first link in my signature.

You are free to edit your signature again but it cannot contain any prohibited content.
Penalty Box
Mar 10, 2018
2863 posts
206 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 7:41 am
Your signature was reported yesterday and edited, as were others that were offside. If you meant when did this become a rule, it always has been:

"All standard forum rules apply to signature content" and "Religious and political content are not allowed (Exceptions: Politics & Religion forum)" from the first link in my signature.

You are free to edit your signature again but it cannot contain any prohibited content.
why cant you put your/os PMs pic as Avatars? its genuine image published in many Canadian newspapers and may be even on his twitter
I dont care about Ethics, morals, rules or laws. I will apologies only when I get caught.
I try not to apologies but sometimes do it. not because its right thing but it benefits me.
Aug 20, 2009
7130 posts
1832 upvotes
Grimsby
callernamet wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2019 10:28 am
why cant you put your/os PMs pic as Avatars? its genuine image published in many Canadian newspapers and may be even on his twitter
From the rules: "Religious and political content are not allowed (Exceptions: Politics & Religion forum)"

The origin of the picture doesn't matter, its political content and its not permitted. Don't re-add it again.