Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14223 posts
1089 upvotes
KorruptioN wrote:
May 16th, 2012 11:17 pm
I reported one a few days ago, no change since then. Please see Ojam's post above.

Sig is still there after 3 days... I even reported it today again... It would be nice if there was some sort of reply to a report to know if it's been looked at and if it was deemed not against the rules to be told, rather than just left hanging.. kind of like this thread.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2505 posts
571 upvotes
It's been handled. Thank you for the report!
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
991 upvotes
N/A
Ojam wrote:
May 19th, 2012 7:10 pm
It would be nice if there was some sort of reply to a report to know if it's been looked at and if it was deemed not against the rules to be told, rather than just left hanging.. kind of like this thread.

that's how things are these days.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Jul 5, 2004
23701 posts
3210 upvotes
Maybe you guys should stop worrying about what action was or wasn't taken. Report something if you wish, but then forget about it. You don't need to chase after the admins to see why they did or didn't take action, it's really none of your business.

Some of you are too worried about what the mods and admins are doing on this site.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2505 posts
571 upvotes
Ojam wrote:
May 19th, 2012 7:10 pm
It would be nice if there was some sort of reply to a report to know if it's been looked at and if it was deemed not against the rules to be told, rather than just left hanging.. kind of like this thread.
We are looking for a system that will let the user know if we have handled the report, in a way that works within our rules. We can't let everyone know the results but an indicator that it has been looked after, would be the kind of system we would want.

I know our current system isn't perfect but we had to deal with the hand we are dealt with at the moment.

Thanks for the feedback!
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14093 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
oranr wrote:
May 22nd, 2012 1:35 pm
We are looking for a system that will let the user know if we have handled the report, in a way that works within our rules. We can't let everyone know the results but an indicator that it has been looked after, would be the kind of system we would want.

I know our current system isn't perfect but we had to deal with the hand we are dealt with at the moment.

Thanks for the feedback!

Couldn't it be just the same as message notification? Such as in the Inbox for PMs where it states "you have x confirmed messages and y unconfirmed messages"? But in a new header (subheading) under My Messages called Report Notifications or something like that? You have x confirmed reports and y unconfirmed reports.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
2219 posts
499 upvotes
45ED wrote:
May 22nd, 2012 2:04 pm
Couldn't it be just the same as message notification? Such as in the Inbox for PMs where it states "you have x confirmed messages and y unconfirmed messages"? But in a new header (subheading) under My Messages called Report Notifications or something like that? You have x confirmed reports and y unconfirmed reports.

Yes you are a genius. Oranr, just push the 'send message' button on your computer there and implement this idea immediately. Just make sure you filled out the headers right in the applet that pops up after pushing the button.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
991 upvotes
N/A
Shaner wrote:
May 22nd, 2012 1:33 pm
Maybe you guys should stop worrying about what action was or wasn't taken. Report something if you wish, but then forget about it. You don't need to chase after the admins to see why they did or didn't take action, it's really none of your business.

Some of you are too worried about what the mods and admins are doing on this site.

yes, just like how you started that thread about your dislike for ads and then you forgot about them because it's really none of your business, right?
i think you are too worried about what the owners of this site are doing.
Jul 5, 2004
23701 posts
3210 upvotes
ippon wrote:
May 22nd, 2012 4:48 pm
yes, just like how you started that thread about your dislike for ads and then you forgot about them because it's really none of your business, right?
i think you are too worried about what the owners of this site are doing.

I don't make a complaint and continue to demand a response until I get one. I made a suggestion for the site, and where it goes from here I don't really care. I won't send PM's to the admin demanding a follow up to my post, and when I don't get one, I won't then make repeated posts in here about why I didn't get a response.

You complained about a sig/avatar, and then you whined repeatedly that you didn't get a personal response. Get over yourself. There's tens of thousands of members on this site and a small number of admin's, they can't personally follow up every suggestion or complaint.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
991 upvotes
N/A
Shaner wrote:
May 22nd, 2012 5:00 pm
I don't make a complaint and continue to demand a response until I get one. I made a suggestion for the site, and where it goes from here I don't really care. I won't send PM's to the admin demanding a follow up to my post, and when I don't get one, I won't then make repeated posts in here about why I didn't get a response.

You complained about a sig/avatar, and then you whined repeatedly that you didn't get a personal response. Get over yourself. There's tens of thousands of members on this site and a small number of admin's, they can't personally follow up every suggestion or complaint.

my follow up was not about the sig. my follow up was because i was bothered by the fact that the site admin would ignore member PMs.
i couldn't care less about the sig.
the admin promised to follow up initially and did not do so. i was simply providing my feedback.
Jul 5, 2004
23701 posts
3210 upvotes
ippon wrote:
May 22nd, 2012 5:08 pm
my follow up was not about the sig. my follow up was because i was bothered by the fact that the site admin would ignore member PMs.
i couldn't care less about the sig.
the admin promised to follow up initially and did not do so. i was simply providing my feedback.

Alright then. Anyway, I still think there's far too many posts on here complaining about what the mod's do and don't do. If they enforce the rules strictly, they get blasted in this forum. If they don't strictly enforce the rules, they get blasted in this forum. If they try to let things slide a little bit while still enforcing rules that are blatantly broken, people complain there's too much grey area and things need to go back to being black and white.

They can't win no matter what they do, or don't do.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1332 upvotes
Shaner wrote:
May 22nd, 2012 5:22 pm
Alright then. Anyway, I still think there's far too many posts on here complaining about what the mod's do and don't do. If they enforce the rules strictly, they get blasted in this forum. If they don't strictly enforce the rules, they get blasted in this forum. If they try to let things slide a little bit while still enforcing rules that are blatantly broken, people complain there's too much grey area and things need to go back to being black and white.

+1
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2011
9028 posts
14169 upvotes
Shaner wrote:
May 22nd, 2012 5:22 pm
Anyway, I still think there's far too many posts on here complaining about what the mod's do and don't do. If they enforce the rules strictly, they get blasted in this forum. If they don't strictly enforce the rules, they get blasted in this forum. If they try to let things slide a little bit while still enforcing rules that are blatantly broken, people complain there's too much grey area and things need to go back to being black and white.

I have had that same thought so many times.

It often reminds me of the oppositional people at work who always complain...but when offered to take over the project they never do. They rest in the luxury of not being responsible.

Having said that there are also many good suggestions and many good "complainers" who know how to voice them.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
I don't get it. This thread (why-did-germany-lose-ww2-1181251/) was locked due to "Politicis/Flamebait" by NSX. I am not questioning that decision. What I do not get is why Dearsummer's politically charged threads are not locked for the same reason. Politics (and in all honesty, they are flamebait too). Compared to his threads, the "Why did Germany lose WW2" thread was tame and could have sparked some good discussion.

oranr wrote:
May 4th, 2012 4:36 pm
I hear you loud and clear. There pros and cons to both sides and I am trying to determine what's best for the community. I do believe there is good discussion out of some political threads but of course this only happens when everyone discusses in a rational, respectful manner. Of course there are those who try to derail, start a flame war, which destroys all the good discussions that we are trying to have here.

We are looking to expand our moderation team and I hope that will help in the OT section. Again, I am still in the wait and see but not for much longer. I have given it a share shot but page views and posts/threads really haven't increased as I hoped. I know I told Ojam 2-4 weeks but I was hoping that it would get better, I guess i'm just wishing and hoping now.

I do like big political issues, like provincial elections and federal elections we can discuss about but I think that will be the line.

Ornar. You said not much longer and that threads about Provincial and Federal elections would be where you draw the line. When do you plan on drawing this line? And how long is "..not much longer."?
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14223 posts
1089 upvotes
jj_frap wrote:
May 23rd, 2012 11:53 pm
Probably about as well as Harper and his Hollywood cronies will be able to enforce the ******** in the new Copyreich Act.
The above post has been reported twice as being both political and bumping a 2 year old thread with an unrelated politcal comment.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.