Tags:
None
19 replies
Banned
Feb 15, 2004
10735 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga, ON (9th…
That must really suck for the Raptors too, they'll have to rely on Palacio. Which probably isn't very good, I'd rather put Williams on than Palacio.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2003
3818 posts
26 upvotes
Sad news indeed...one of the few they have who does everything he can...and leaves it on the floor.
Banned
Feb 15, 2004
10735 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga, ON (9th…
Looks they might even resort to Roger Mason Jr.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
I like Alvin Willams but people like to criticize Carter for being injury prone??? How many games has this guy missed over the past 2 seasons?
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
3810 posts
7 upvotes
Surprised he didn't opt for surgery earlier so he could begin healing sooner..
Raptors are fine, Alston is playing well and Palacio isn't doing too bad a job eating minutes. If desperate Rose could play the point a bit and let the other 2 rest.
i think this line's mostly filler
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2004
2573 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto (Pasadena
Sad to see him go.

Man, I hated Palacio last season. He's got to have to worst layup FG% of anyone in the NBA. This year he started extremely well, but in the last few games he didn't seem that great. I'll reserve judgement until a few more games go by.

Thank god we got Alston. You're absolutely right Headhunter. Got a sweet 3pt percentage (only about 5 in the NBA are better who've also made over 50 attempts), and he launches them from like 5 ft behind the line! Gotta love the moves as well.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
4 upvotes
Mountain View, CA
Mintmaster wrote:Thank god we got Alston. You're absolutely right Headhunter. Got a sweet 3pt percentage (only about 5 in the NBA are better who've also made over 50 attempts), and he launches them from like 5 ft behind the line! Gotta love the moves as well.
Man, I still cringe everytime he hoists one up from WAY downtown. That's just not right, regardless of your percentage. If you think you can sink one 5 ft behind the arc, then move in 2 steps closer to just oevr the line. His percentage did improve, but I still don't like the deep 3's
Aug 23, 2003
739 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Degenerate wrote:I like Alvin Willams but people like to criticize Carter for being injury prone??? How many games has this guy missed over the past 2 seasons?
do you actually watch the games? or just look the number of how many games he missed and then proceed to judge...

Alvin played injured for the TEAM last season. He led the raps last season when carter was out with injuries. He could have sat out and nursed his injuries, but decided to play injured. Its a shame hes paying for it now...
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2001
2049 posts
4 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Degenerate wrote:I like Alvin Willams but people like to criticize Carter for being injury prone??? How many games has this guy missed over the past 2 seasons?
Alvin's played through some TOUGH injuries. There have been stretches in the last 2 years where the basically dragged himself across the floor on one ankle. This is a guy that basically said, "I don't care if more surgery will ruin my life after basketball because this is the game that I love, and I will do whatever I can do stay on the floor."

If Carter had half the heart and desire that Alvin did, VC would be one of the top players in the league. Sadly, he just doesn't give a crap.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
2417 posts
148 upvotes
I think Palacio is the worst point gaurd in the entire nba. He has a horrid tendacy to dribble the ball for 15 seconds of the shot clock, effectively killing the entire offesive set. And his second worse failing, he turns over the ball way too much. To add to this brutal skill set, he can't shoot the ball.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2004
1809 posts
6 upvotes
wanted wrote:Looks they might even resort to Roger Mason Jr.
I'd love to see Roger Mason Jr. on the floor rather than Milt Palacio...

Milt Palacio CANNOT run a play for the team. He'll dribble around and potentially lose the ball til it is low in the shot clock and he gives it off to someone like Lamond, or Mo Pete to create a shot for themselves...

If the Raptors arent running, Milt is useless.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
6347 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
Milt was pretty good defensively yesterday playing small ball alongside Rafer. Just don't expect him to be a shooter and hope he doesn't hang on to the ball for 10 seconds.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
6347 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
Alvin is a guy who you can't question the effort he puts on the floor every time out on both ends of the floor. Few and far between.