Cell Phones

Poor call quality using Motorola H15 Bluetooth- is it my phone or the headset?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2009 9:39 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8741 upvotes
Toronto

Poor call quality using Motorola H15 Bluetooth- is it my phone or the headset?

Being the Bluetooth noob, I have no idea if it is my phone or the headset that is causing problems when I use the Motorola H15 headset.

My phone is the Motorola RAZR V3c on Telus. I successfully paired it with the Motorola H15 headset and can make calls etc.

However, when I make the call and the person picks up, it is very staticky and apparently sounds very distant.

Is this because of my phone or the headset? I did read up some reviews and some did say the H15 did have some static. But apparently mine is really bad.

Any advice is appreciated....just want to make sure it isn't my phone before I buy another BT headset.
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9951 posts
2434 upvotes
Toronto
Dude, the H15 sucks.

I would unpair it, reboot your phone and pair it again.. if the sound quality is still poor then it's the headset.

Also make sure that the headset is fully charged.

My suggestion: Get a better headset. :cheesygri

your welcome.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8741 upvotes
Toronto
4flava wrote: Dude, the H15 sucks.

I would unpair it, reboot your phone and pair it again.. if the sound quality is still poor then it's the headset.

Also make sure that the headset is fully charged.

My suggestion: Get a better headset. :cheesygri

your welcome.
yo sucka....did all that you suggested. I unpaired the devices....deleted the device in my phone...fully charged both the headset AND the phone....

apparently the connection thingy comes and goes. Sometimes it is decent, other times it is really poor.

What is a good bluetooth headset then? I did a quick look and some people are suggesting BlueAnt, others the Jawbone Prime?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9951 posts
2434 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote: yo sucka....did all that you suggested. I unpaired the devices....deleted the device in my phone...fully charged both the headset AND the phone....

apparently the connection thingy comes and goes. Sometimes it is decent, other times it is really poor.

What is a good bluetooth headset then? I did a quick look and some people are suggesting BlueAnt, others the Jawbone Prime?
Prime dude, get the freakin PRIME!!

Wait for boxing day sale though.. :D
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5897 posts
301 upvotes
GTA
I just bought the Jawbone Prime from Sig Electronics 2 weeks ago on sale for $129.99. So far so good. Damn thing is so light, I forget that its in my ear most of the time. If the price is too steep, then try the Motorola H12 from Costco for $59.99. I bought over 25 for my staff and so far not a single complaint. In fact a lot of people love it.

sk
May 16, 2009
18 posts
Mississauga
i think thr is something wrong with the bluetooth headset but H15 is a good rated bluetooth headset.

if u wana buy another one then try
Plantronics Voygar pro
Motorola H17
Motorola HX1
Jowbone Prime
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2158 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
I have the H15 paired to an iPhone & Magic & it works just as well as my previous JB2.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28753 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
ji2o0k wrote: ... But apparently mine is really bad.

Any advice is appreciated....just want to make sure it isn't my phone before I buy another BT headset.
If you unpaired, and repaired, and ensured a full battery charge ---> a dud.

Even the cheapest of the cheap bluetooth headsets should have NO STATIC. Do NOT let anybody CON you into believing that any level of static is 'normal'.

A proper bt unit should be without any static. Clarity and Volume are where you get into more expensive units.
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial