None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
1339 posts
28 upvotes
Snicla wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2008 3:10 pm
Why would you let him 'open the box for you'? You should have told him if he didn't open the thing in front of you it's used. You gotta smell the ******** a mile away and then rub his face in it. Or you should have inspected the damn thing right in front of him and been like, oh well, look, there's lint in the cracks, there's dirt on the back, there's a scratch on the blah blah blah. Don't be afraid, you don't owe them anything. You're the mother effing consumer. You're the one with HIS nuts in YOUR hand! Don't be afraid to squeeze a little.
I did not let him open the box, I even pointed it out that it was open. He said it was "brand new", and when I inspected the phone I asked if it was new, and he answered yes. I couldn't power it on inside the store because as you probably know it is very small and crowded. As soon as I got in the car, I could instantly tell it was used, because of a number of reasons.

I talked to the guy about this and he said some stuff and I argued with him that I did not want the phone but it was almost closing time and I did not have any choice but to leave. I came to the store so late because I bought this phone at the Richmond Hill location and they would not take back the first one, so I had to contact the head office for an exchange and now I am stuck with a used one.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
1339 posts
28 upvotes
Any advice on getting a full refund?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7270 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
see if headoffice will give u the refund, like allow u to send it in, maybe even opt for a giftcard if they dunt allow refund, at least get something out of it
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
1339 posts
28 upvotes
trixR4kids wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2008 7:54 pm
see if headoffice will give u the refund, like allow u to send it in, maybe even opt for a giftcard if they dunt allow refund, at least get something out of it
thanks for the advice! i'm going to try to call tomorrow or on friday. the hq only opens from 10am to 6pm which makes it inconvenient for me.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
1339 posts
28 upvotes
do any of you know if canada computer's hq responds to emails?
if they do, it might be worth it to send a complaint letter to see how they respond.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
1339 posts
28 upvotes
Just sent off 1 complaint letter to Canada Computer HQ, 1 to the Richmond Hill location, 1 to Customer Service, and another one as feedback.

And tomorrow or on Friday I am going to call HQ if I don't get any response.

Hopefully, I will get my refund.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
3353 posts
66 upvotes
next time get their name or picture, so we can flag them as "CC's Douche Bags"

:D But like other said have VISA do a charge back.
2010 Rig: i7 930 @ 2.8Ghz, 6GB DDR3 G.Skill 1600, 256GB SSD, 1TB WB Black, R280C, Gigabyte EX58-UD3R, Thermaltake S-Spin H/S, Corsair HX650W, CM Scout Case, 2x LG Flatron W2343V,Win7 Ultimate 64bit
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
1339 posts
28 upvotes
darkprince wrote:
Dec 4th, 2008 12:28 am
next time get their name or picture, so we can flag them as "CC's Douche Bags"

:D But like other said have VISA do a charge back.
how do i do that? and what do I do after? thanks
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
10477 posts
2750 upvotes
Markham
I never have any good service at Canada Computers in Mississauga Store, not to mention I got pissed off last time when I went bought a phone at Pacific mall for a friend.

Canada Computer = :confused:
Pacific Maill = > :(

Canada Computers + Pacific mall = :mad:
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
1339 posts
28 upvotes
MP3_SKY wrote:
Dec 4th, 2008 3:24 pm
I never have any good service at Canada Computers in Mississauga Store, not to mention I got pissed off last time when I went bought a phone at Pacific mall for a friend.

Canada Computer = :confused:
Pacific Maill = > :(

Canada Computers + Pacific mall = :mad:
couldn't agree more :D
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
1339 posts
28 upvotes
Okay, just got off the phone from calling Canada Computer HQ. I am going to their Kennedy and Ellesmere location tomorrow to get an exchange or a refund. I probably going to go for a refund because I don't trust their stock and I don't want to deal with a defective phone in the future.

Thanks for all your help :lol:
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
12132 posts
468 upvotes
Toronto
felixmo wrote:
Dec 5th, 2008 5:24 pm
Okay, just got off the phone from calling Canada Computer HQ.
What did they say?

For what it's worth, I never have issues with Canada Computers. Having said that, I would rather go to Infonec for most items.
Deal with it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
1339 posts
28 upvotes
KorruptioN wrote:
Dec 5th, 2008 7:42 pm
What did they say?

For what it's worth, I never have issues with Canada Computers. Having said that, I would rather go to Infonec for most items.
I managed to speak to the guy who authorized the exchange at Pacific Mall, he remembered my situation and was very understanding and said that he would be working at the Kennedy and Ellesmere location tomorrow (Saturday) so I could go to that location to get an exchange or a refund from him so I wouldn't have to deal with their other staff. :D
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2003
1746 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
CC was known as cheap price a long time ago even though thier customer support been sucking all the time...

i don't go there anymore since i can find many places beating their sale prices....except few items sealed by manufacturer like INTE CPU, i WOULD NOT buy any motherboard (i actually bought used one as NEW, they didn't exchange after i complaint since it was working) and memory and hard drive..oh yeah LCD monitor as well