Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Popeyes Chicken

10pcs for $14.99 - Ontario (TODAY ONLY) YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2019 10:44 am
Feb 18, 2014
513 posts
310 upvotes
I felt cheated 4 drums, 4 thighs, and 2 wings.

Pieces look big because they do not remove any fight from the back, they fry them as is. I'm not sure about you guys but I don't eat that crap.
Feb 18, 2014
513 posts
310 upvotes
HP_John wrote: 10 pc for $15 is $1.50/pc + tax. What restaurants are selling for cheaper than that? In this day & age in Toronto, this is considered a good price for a restaurant
If you break it down that's actually high compared to retail, the cost just for the chicken is roughly $5 for 10pc of chicken.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8584 posts
5369 upvotes
bobby621 wrote: If you break it down that's actually high compared to retail, the cost just for the chicken is roughly $5 for 10pc of chicken.
Restaurants have to pay rent (Toronto & GTA commercial rents are very high), labour, franchise fees (royalty, advertising fee to head office), & they need to make profits. Popeyes price of 10 pc for $15 is not considered high for restaurants in Toronto & the GTA. There are small independent places that have a great product but sell for higher prices than $1.5/pc
Feb 18, 2014
513 posts
310 upvotes
HP_John wrote: Restaurants have to pay rent (Toronto & GTA commercial rents are very high), labour, franchise fees (royalty, advertising fee to head office), & they need to make profits. Popeyes price of 10 pc for $15 is not considered high for restaurants in Toronto & the GTA. There are small independent places that have a great product but sell for higher prices than $1.5/pc
I'm familiar with the restaurant business, I supply them with meat products on a daily basis.
My comment was directed at the price you pay at the retail level.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8584 posts
5369 upvotes
bobby621 wrote: I'm familiar with the restaurant business, I supply them with meat products on a daily basis.
My comment was directed at the price you pay at the retail level.
So you're saying $15 for 10 pc is too expensive? I disagree, anyone that knows anything about restaurants knows that at the absolute highest, your food cost can't be more than 1/3, meaning if you charge $3 for it, your ingredient cost can't be more than $1 at the absolute most. That's because you gotta factor in rent, labour, & profit. Any restaurants where their ingredients cost more than 1/3 are restaurants that won't make enough profit in the long run. I'm talking strictly food only, as some restaurants make up for it through alcohol sales. In the GTA, virtually every single restaurant charges more than $15 for 10 pc, unless you're talking about some crappy whole in the wall in a poor neighbourhood where they're paying dirt cheap rent

If I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, please clarify, thanks
Feb 18, 2014
513 posts
310 upvotes
HP_John wrote: So you're saying $15 for 10 pc is too expensive? I disagree, anyone that knows anything about restaurants knows that at the absolute highest, your food cost can't be more than 1/3, meaning if you charge $3 for it, your ingredient cost can't be more than $1 at the absolute most. That's because you gotta factor in rent, labour, & profit. Any restaurants where their ingredients cost more than 1/3 are restaurants that won't make enough profit in the long run. I'm talking strictly food only, as some restaurants make up for it through alcohol sales. In the GTA, virtually every single restaurant charges more than $15 for 10 pc, unless you're talking about some crappy whole in the wall in a poor neighbourhood where they're paying dirt cheap rent

If I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, please clarify, thanks
We can go back and forth on this issue without resolve.
Your saying it's inline with other restaurants (I agree), I'm saying when compared to retail, its expensive. I cook 90% of the food I eat at home. Would I rather buy a BigMac Combo for $10 or have a RibEye steak dinner for the same price at home. When you realize what these restaurants are paying for their food it makes you think twice before going to them.

Some restaurants want volume, serve 10 customers instead of 5 while others would rather charge more and serve less customers, at the end of the day they make the same amount of money. That's how you get your customers to come back everyday, be aggressive with your pricing and buildup your customer base.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8584 posts
5369 upvotes
bobby621 wrote: We can go back and forth on this issue without resolve.
Your saying it's inline with other restaurants (I agree), I'm saying when compared to retail, its expensive. I cook 90% of the food I eat at home. Would I rather buy a BigMac Combo for $10 or have a RibEye steak dinner for the same price at home. When you realize what these restaurants are paying for their food it makes you think twice before going to them.

Some restaurants want volume, serve 10 customers instead of 5 while others would rather charge more and serve less customers, at the end of the day they make the same amount of money. That's how you get your customers to come back everyday, be aggressive with your pricing and buildup your customer base.
I do agree with the fact of course I'd rather have ribeye steak or scallops over a $10 combo at McDonalds. Most of the time I cook for myself, heck there are even times when you can get a 1.5 lb lobster for $10 if you're lucky eg $7/lb sale. For me personally, I don't have a problem with what Popeyes charges at all, $15 for 10 pc is considered a good deal in the GTA, its a business, & its not easy to thrive in the restaurant business. We all have choices & preferences, people can vote with their wallets
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
HP_John wrote: I do agree with the fact of course I'd rather have ribeye steak or scallops over a $10 combo at McDonalds. Most of the time I cook for myself, heck there are even times when you can get a 1.5 lb lobster for $10 if you're lucky eg $7/lb sale. For me personally, I don't have a problem with what Popeyes charges at all, $15 for 10 pc is considered a good deal in the GTA, its a business, & its not easy to thrive in the restaurant business. We all have choices & preferences, people can vote with their wallets
Loblaws carries the No Name breaded chicken (frozen) for $15 for 8 pieces, so definitely $15 for 10 is a great deal.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5601 posts
2548 upvotes
Kitchener
What the ...? Why people comparing price of cooked, ready to eat food to raw ingredient?

Round 2 deal when?
This space is intentionally left blank.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)