917 posts
611 upvotes
Toronto
mrblack747 wrote:
May 30th, 2019 7:45 pm
dude... i'm not comparing Tues.
$1.69 / piece chicken is expensive.
how much is chicken meat per lb?
Ya, I suggest you wait for McDonald's free medium fries :)

Highway 7/Times Ave. Have this deal, just say "Game Day" and you are good to go :)
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1941 posts
366 upvotes
Waterloo
Bidjaan wrote:
May 30th, 2019 7:51 pm
Running at Waterloo location. It was a very long wait for some reason. All thighs and legs :( and it was extra extra greasy. This location sucks and is poorly run Always a disappointment. Should have driven across town for Nandos. Bad on you Waterloo Popeyes. We threw 4 pieces in the garbage.
Was this the University Ave location? Confirmed also running at the Boardwalk. Only waited a few mins and it was a fresh batch of chicken. Not overly greasy.
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Sep 7, 2017
178 posts
99 upvotes
cadave wrote:
May 30th, 2019 8:35 pm
Was this the University Ave location? Confirmed also running at the Boardwalk. Only waited a few mins and it was a fresh batch of chicken. Not overly greasy.
Yes university ace location. They are terrible. I completely forgot there was a Popeyes at the boardwalk. And I was in that area shopping. Damn it.
Nov 28, 2011
749 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
Just grabbed a 10pc from Queen and Spadina; was told that there's an upcharge of $1.50 per chicken breast (!??!?) I nicely declined and said it was unfortunate.

But then she told me she gave me three breasts (score!)

There's a lot of variance in the sizes though. A little strange!

Here's a pic :)
Images
  • IMG_20190530_203047.jpg
Jan 31, 2007
342 posts
14 upvotes
Hamilton
Obviously too late for it to matter now, but for future reference the Ancaster (Hamilton) location on Wilson St. honours this deal. Waited about 10-12 minutes for my food but there was no line and the pieces were fresh and still steaming by the time I got home 10 minutes later. I hadn't been to Popeyes in a while in lieu of smaller fried chicken restaurants but these pieces were huge, especially compared to what KFC is offering.
Looking for: Animorphs: 42, 44, 47, 48, 50
Feb 6, 2013
444 posts
369 upvotes
Toronto
Expiry would be May 30th, OP, not May 31st. If it's a single day, the promotion day = day of expiry. Got my hopes up there for a bit. :( Sad I missed this.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10350 posts
562 upvotes
Mississauga
shorfd wrote:
May 30th, 2019 7:08 pm
Straight from KFC's own website: Different Pieces
Some Popeyes also cut SOME of their breasts. At least the local location I visit cuts SOME of their breats pieces into two before battering+frying. When they have user requests who want "more white meat", they offer to sub thighs with these special breasts. I don't think they advertise it anywhere, but when I've bought the 3 piece Thursday special, I've asked if I could upcharge one piece to a breast, and they said no need to, that they can do the subtitition. Now I know why. The pieces are clearly half the size, but it is a good compromise for those who want some white meat.

They don't do any trickery if you order a 8-piece/etc mixed chicken deal. They don't cheap you out by substituting the piece with a half-size breast. I do notice that if they are running low on white, they'll throw two half-size breasts (so a bonus piece).
Feb 18, 2014
517 posts
850 upvotes
dmdsoftware2 wrote:
May 31st, 2019 9:55 am
Some Popeyes also cut SOME of their breasts. At least the local location I visit cuts SOME of their breats pieces into two before battering+frying. When they have user requests who want "more white meat", they offer to sub thighs with these special breasts. I don't think they advertise it anywhere, but when I've bought the 3 piece Thursday special, I've asked if I could upcharge one piece to a breast, and they said no need to, that they can do the subtitition. Now I know why. The pieces are clearly half the size, but it is a good compromise for those who want some white meat.

They don't do any trickery if you order a 8-piece/etc mixed chicken deal. They don't cheap you out by substituting the piece with a half-size breast. I do notice that if they are running low on white, they'll throw two half-size breasts (so a bonus piece).
That is such a fair compromise to do white meat substitution like that... I wish every location did this!
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4609 posts
646 upvotes
kwanyeung20 wrote:
May 30th, 2019 5:02 pm
white meat so that's breast and wings? If wings are considered white then Sat deal is even cheaper 5 for $5.29. Maybe I'm wrong though!
I should've said, theres tons of people who prefer breast, but you get my point. Theres tons of people who like chicken breast over dark meat, though I myself prefer dark. The Tuesday special is no breast. I got 3 breast, though, it was fine because other people in my family like breast

Also I should add that in the "buckets", a wing is 1 pc which includes both drum & flat, unseparated. When Popeyes sells wings, like they do for the 5 wing Sat deal, they cut them into drum & flats. So a wing from the reg chicken bucket is actually counts as 2 wings in the reg wing boxes. So the 5 wing Sat deal is really only 2.5 pcs
I am a Koodo customer
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10350 posts
562 upvotes
Mississauga
shorfd wrote:
May 31st, 2019 10:35 am
That is such a fair compromise to do white meat substitution like that... I wish every location did this!
It is always worth asking. I never knew about it until I asked if there was any other option other than the 3 pieces listed for the offer (leg, wing, thigh)
Apr 16, 2011
439 posts
55 upvotes
Lone_Prodigy wrote:
May 30th, 2019 4:40 pm
Post a picture and tag them on social media. I bet you would get a response ASAP.
I actually did just that and got no response. I took a good look at their twitter and it seems that they don't really do any form of customer support through that channel.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4609 posts
646 upvotes
mrblack747 wrote:
May 30th, 2019 7:45 pm
dude... i'm not comparing Tues.
$1.69 / piece chicken is expensive.
how much is chicken meat per lb?
10 pc for $15 is $1.50/pc + tax. What restaurants are selling for cheaper than that? In this day & age in Toronto, this is considered a good price for a restaurant
I am a Koodo customer