Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Popeyes

Free 3 piece tenders with the purchase of a large drink - Leafs *HOME* game day promo (app required)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2020 7:10 am
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29539 posts
20458 upvotes
simplypop wrote: What’s the regular price of these tenders ? Looks super thin from the oics
Not exactly sure. I do see it on the weekly meal deal as $4.99 for 3 pieces. This is half of that.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Spadina Chinatown location. Sauce with 6 thin pieces. Tasted pretty terrible to me. Last year's deal is way better. Think I'm gonna skip.
May 15, 2017
28 posts
6 upvotes
boogers252 wrote: Went to Guelph location the first week and deal worked fine went back yesterday and they said since it was over 70 km from the arena they don’t accept the deal... meanwhile I got the deal in Waterloo last week which is even further away than Guelph. The Harvard road Guelph location always has grumpy cashiers so I feel like they could have made that up
Also couldn't get it to work at the Guelph location. Guy said US only. I told him it's a promotion for Toronto Maple Leafs. Said we don't do it.

The popeyes Harvard road location in guelph has also charged extra on our orders, so beware and pay attention to the reciept.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21702 posts
17374 upvotes
Markham
simplypop wrote: What’s the regular price of these tenders ? Looks super thin from the oics
I was looking at the menu yesterday and I think I saw $8.59 for the 3 pce tender combo....so $2.61 for large drink and 3 tenders is quite the deal IMO.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
gr8dlr wrote: I was looking at the menu yesterday and I think I saw $8.59 for the 3 pce tender combo....so $2.61 for large drink and 3 tenders is quite the deal IMO.
I know they advertise the voodoo tenders which is 3 tenders + biscuite + fries + sauce for 6.99. I guess you can have a "full meal" by tacking on the leafs special -- 6 tenders + biscuite + fries + 2 sauce + large pop for 9.48.

Even on the everyday value menu for the special of the day, 3 tenders is 4.59 alone, so this is a good deal.
Jun 9, 2014
176 posts
264 upvotes
rugerty100 wrote: How about just clicking back? The screen doesn't look any different if I just try to redeem it again.
You are right. I remember last year once the cashier clicked the redeemed icon you weren't able to redeem again. Whats the point of the cashier clicking redeem if you can redeem over and over again.
Apr 28, 2014
44 posts
43 upvotes
Beaumont, AB
Is it restricted within a zone of 70 km from Toronto?
Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes
DragonRider wrote: Spadina Chinatown location. Sauce with 6 thin pieces. Tasted pretty terrible to me. Last year's deal is way better. Think I'm gonna skip.
Guy gets 6 pieces and says he's gonna skip the deal :facepalm: .
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1412 posts
767 upvotes
Ottawa
Apologies if this has been mentioned but Richmond Rd location in Ottawa no longer participating. They said GTA only
Jul 15, 2014
409 posts
310 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
engman13 wrote: Apologies if this has been mentioned but Richmond Rd location in Ottawa no longer participating. They said GTA only
I experienced this yesterday as well. However, I don't think they have the right information as the College Square location in Ottawa allows it. Came to $2.61 for a large pop, noticed after they gave me a medium cup but whatever. I got 4 pieces. The price is odd because my friend said last time he paid about $2.30 at the same location.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8234 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
No go in London Ontario either. #LondonKnightsSuck
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2010
1374 posts
345 upvotes
Brampton
gr8dlr wrote: I was looking at the menu yesterday and I think I saw $8.59 for the 3 pce tender combo....so $2.61 for large drink and 3 tenders is quite the deal IMO.

I added regular fries for $2.29 which brought it to $5.41 after taxes for the combo equivalent. Not the best deal but still decent.

There's also the survey on the back of the receipt for a drink purchase and get a free piece of chicken and biscuit which came to $2.19 after tax
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8234 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
This location's franchise owner denied the offer on Nov 5/19 around 10 pm claiming that he had over 25 people redeem the offer this day. Said he was losing too much money. WTF?
Yelp Reviews

Yonge - North of St. Clair
1560 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4T 1Z7

May have to submit a complaint to the Head Office. Ridiculous.
Last edited by consumerPI on Nov 6th, 2019 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8234 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
Apparently these stores are Franchises and some have some sketchy business practices. Some have jacked up the price of the Large fountain drinks.

How do I know that? Well, we visited the Yonge and Dundas location tonight after being denied at the 1560 Yonge st. location and was able to get the 3 tenders offer, but the screen that has the price for the large drink has it at $2.99 where a "9" was taped over the "4". So looks like it was $2.49 but now it's $2.99 and they charged 5% and 8% (13%) in taxes, when it should only be 5% as the meal was under $4,00.

Also, as others have mentioned, the pieces seem noticeably smaller than when buying chicken tenders outside of this promotion. #Fail
Aug 10, 2017
323 posts
453 upvotes
consumerPI wrote: Apparently these stores are Franchises and some have some sketchy business practices. Some have jacked up the price of the Large fountain drinks.

How do I know that? Well, we visited the Yonge and Dundas location tonight after being denied at the 1560 Yonge st. location and was able to get the 3 tenders offer, but the screen that has the price for the large drink has it at $2.99 where a "9" was taped over the "4". So looks like it was $2.49 but now it's $2.99 and they charged 5% and 8% (13%) in taxes, when it should only be 5% as the meal was under $4,00.

Also, as others have mentioned, the pieces seem noticeably smaller than when buying chicken tenders outside of this promotion. #Fail
Well technically you're buying the fountain drink which would have full tax on it, my location uses the 5% though. I don't know how there are so many discrepancies and employees stating that it's US only or making another reason to decline.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8234 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
The one by the Holiday Inn, south of the Walmart that is located in a Mall.
Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes
Why do they charge you extra if you want a bottled water instead of the large soda? So if large soda is $2.49 and there is an up-charge for bottled water how much are they selling bottled water for normally? $3.00?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
consumerPI wrote: This location's franchise owner denied the offer on Nov 5/19 around 10 pm claiming that he had over 25 people redeem the offer this day. Said he was losing too much money. WTF?
Yelp Reviews

Yonge - North of St. Clair
1560 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4T 1Z7

May have to submit a complaint to the Head Office. Ridiculous.
Best thing to do is leave a negative review on google maps. You'll often get the owner emailing you to try to resolve the issue. Either that or after some time they'll potentially lose their franchise license. This ain't KFC where negative feedback is the assumed standard.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)