Expired Hot Deals

[Popeyes] New Year New You Sale on protein, supplements, etc.

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2016 2:04 pm
Tags:
[OP]
May 27, 2011
401 posts
330 upvotes
Montreal

[Popeyes] New Year New You Sale on protein, supplements, etc.

Popeye's Supplements have a offer from Jan 2 to Feb 7 - the link is to their flyer.

I'm not an expert on protein supplements, sleep aids, etc. but I was looking to buy some ON Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein 2.2Kg on amazon.ca, bodybuilding.com and svncanada.com and Popeye's has the best offer for now. I assume the rest are decently priced and they do have a few "door crashers" that you might wanna check out. They also offer some rewards, for example: $1-Popeye for every $25 spent or 1 T-Shirt for purchases $99+ and more.

I got the Cookies and Creme version of the 100% Whey Protein bottle and it's not bad at all. It's like a less sugary version of MuscleTech Combat Protein Cookies'n Creme (the only thing I can compare with).

Yes, I know Kaizen is cheaper at Costco.
29 replies
Jan 18, 2015
123 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
The time of year to capitalize on New Year resolutioners :razz:
Nov 8, 2008
240 posts
74 upvotes
I refuse to buy anything from any atore that uses that bull**** "doorcrasher" slogan. I ***** hate it.

That aside, dont forget to exercise if youre taking supps
Gym-Eat Steak-Sleep
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
3513 posts
1803 upvotes
amy reviews on the fat burners on sale?
[OP]
May 27, 2011
401 posts
330 upvotes
Montreal
DominusRebellis wrote:
Jan 6th, 2016 8:11 pm
I refuse to buy anything from any atore that uses that bull**** "doorcrasher" slogan.
On a different note but still ... forget the doorcrasher label, check out the product names: Supernova, Ripped Freak, Mutant, etc. I ain't gonna buy some Mutant Freak powder ... da hell it's gonna do to my body, lol.
witenite wrote:
Jan 6th, 2016 8:18 pm
amy reviews on the fat burners on sale?
If you trust their own ratings, check this out: http://www.popeyescanada.com/2015-ratings.html#051
Some US rankings (no fat burner category tho): https://labdoor.com/rankings
Apr 30, 2003
214 posts
Vancouver
I will say that their boxing week promotion that ended on Jan 4th was a bit better. For example I ordered 2 jugs of allmax isoflex @$99 each minus 15% + a bunch of goodies (mixer cups, water bottle, tshirt, drawstring bag, lifting pads, samples etc) whereas their current promo advertises @ buy 1 for $99 and get the 2nd one for $84 + (tshirt and popeyes bucks). We can't go back in time, but just giving you a reference point.
Feb 2, 2015
84 posts
53 upvotes
North York, ON
i would rather get the kaizen protein from costco or candianprotein grass fed whey for 10lbs $100 which is almost pure quality no bs ingredients
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1033 posts
557 upvotes
I get at my local costco leanfit protein powder. 3 ingredients. simple. cost me 39 bucks for a tub. I dont trust all these chemicals
Nov 8, 2008
240 posts
74 upvotes
bobitza wrote:
Jan 6th, 2016 8:36 pm
On a different note but still ... forget the doorcrasher label, check out the product names: Supernova, Ripped Freak, Mutant, etc. I ain't gonna buy some Mutant Freak powder ... da hell it's gonna do to my body, lol.

https://labdoor.com/rankings
Lmao you're totally right! Those sound like things that will happen to your heart if you take them!
Gym-Eat Steak-Sleep
Nov 8, 2008
240 posts
74 upvotes
MikePython wrote:
Jan 6th, 2016 9:48 pm
i would rather get the kaizen protein from costco or candianprotein grass fed whey for 10lbs $100 which is almost pure quality no bs ingredients
Hey. How does that stuff mix? I stick with iso-100 by Dymatize but it's way too expensive now. Is kaizen any good?
Gym-Eat Steak-Sleep
[OP]
May 27, 2011
401 posts
330 upvotes
Montreal
MikePython wrote:
Jan 6th, 2016 9:48 pm
karnige wrote:
Jan 6th, 2016 10:11 pm
I get at my local costco leanfit protein powder. 3 ingredients. simple. cost me 39 bucks for a tub. I dont trust all these chemicals
I don't pretend to be an expert but reading through pages of ranked protein supplements and other body building websites, I didn't see any LeanFit or Kaizen mentioned. What I did see was people saying that the easiest way to spot a protein powder that is using cheap raw protein is its price. Not all whey proteins are the same. If it’s much cheaper than the major brand protein powders, you better suspect that something is up. Basically, if you think that you’re getting a great deal on a cheap protein powder, that’s all that you’re getting. You are NOT getting a good-quality protein powder.

The consensus was that not all expensive ones are good but most likely all cheap ones are not so great. And when it comes to my body I'd pay an extra $20 per 1-2months to get a quality powder. But that's just me ...
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3446 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
bobitza wrote:
Jan 6th, 2016 8:36 pm
I ain't gonna buy some Mutant Freak powder ... da hell it's gonna do to my body, lol.
Thanks for the laugh lolz.

It turns you into the Incredible Hulk, you wouldn't like that? hahaha

[removed]
Jan 2, 2014
432 posts
115 upvotes
Supplement source is 20% off I believe currently. Delivery came within two days of them being back after nye.