Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
1002 posts
334 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…

Poppadoms - where to buy?

Just wondering where one gets poppadoms these days?

I used to be able to buy Indian market ones (hard plastic film wrap) at RCSS in various places. They were much cheaper than the Patak boxed ones that are currently sold everywhere else.

Seems that RCSS has stopped selling such poppadoms (looks like I stumbled across the clearance sale in Duncan last year). None in Chilliwack, Richmond and none in the two Kelowna stores (the one in Kelowna proper carries much more east Indian products than Chilliwack, Vancouver Island, and as much as if not more than Richmond).

The Pataks ones (bought from Save On) weren't very good either.
Almost too cheap to shop through RFD
6 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
15591 posts
3393 upvotes
Toronto
Some Walmart stores have them. Check FreshCo.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3307 posts
1948 upvotes
North Vancouver
I'm guessing that you're in the GVRD area. If so, the best option would be an Indian grocery store like Fruiticana or Sabzi Mandi.

I doubt you'll have any issues finding poppadoms at either store, and both have multiple locations.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2552 posts
425 upvotes
Mississauga
Food Basic is the cheapest. I buy them there in the international isle.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
1002 posts
334 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
On VI which is really, really, plain vanilla. GVRD, theres tonnes of places that will sell it but I think RCSS was tired of the stiff breaking up. None of the places I go for "exotic" food stuff have them, and there's no EI grocer that anyone knows of around Victoria.
Almost too cheap to shop through RFD
Nov 6, 2018
18 posts
4 upvotes
New York
iShopIndian sells them. I am not an expert but they look like original.
Jun 4, 2006
496 posts
105 upvotes
GTA
thriftshopper wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 6:47 pm
On VI which is really, really, plain vanilla. GVRD, theres tonnes of places that will sell it but I think RCSS was tired of the stiff breaking up. None of the places I go for "exotic" food stuff have them, and there's no EI grocer that anyone knows of around Victoria.
Doing a quick google search I found a few:

https://www.google.com/maps/search/indi ... 209,13.75z