Automotive

Por 15 Touch up surface rust repair kit for small areas $48.69 + $19.51 shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2015 2:34 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5599 posts
1709 upvotes
Cornwall PE

Por 15 Touch up surface rust repair kit for small areas $48.69 + $19.51 shipping

Good choice for small fixes as the stuff is a pain to reseal a larger can.
Be sure to where gloves.
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
23 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2250 posts
1287 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Is this a deal? Regular price as far as I can see
Feb 23, 2011
45 posts
15 upvotes
P.S. The stuff works really well. I used it on a rusty spot a few years ago, and I have yet to see any rust since. Other rust treatments I've used always rusted through again within a year. You have to follow the directions, and yes, wear gloves. The stuff is mighty sticky.
Sep 12, 2008
572 posts
196 upvotes
Hamilton, on
Just a note. If you need in a pinch some Canadian tires stock it. Seem to remember the price was around 60 with tax. A little more expensive but im aure you can find a generic coupon/way to save a dollars off that.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5599 posts
1709 upvotes
Cornwall PE
RFDNoodle wrote:
Jun 26th, 2015 8:27 am
Or you can order from http://por15canada.com/ and get it for $44 after taxes and shipping...

Is the OP fishing for referral money?
More likely $50, likely no import as made in us. Knew about the 6 pack from por 15 wasn't aware of this kit thought it was an ebay seller compilation.
Referal money? Sure whatever you say.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5599 posts
1709 upvotes
Cornwall PE
GodSendHockey wrote:
Jun 26th, 2015 8:37 am
Just a note. If you need in a pinch some Canadian tires stock it. Seem to remember the price was around 60 with tax. A little more expensive but im aure you can find a generic coupon/way to save a dollars off that.
Better to use the prep steps first. Adds another $40 at cnt. The stuff is also dam hard to reseal and store. This is a better choice for small repairs as it includes all three and also might not be usable there after. You can get por 15 in silver and I think white also now.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Sep 12, 2008
572 posts
196 upvotes
Hamilton, on
betamaxman wrote:
Jun 26th, 2015 5:02 pm
Better to use the prep steps first. Adds another $40 at cnt. The stuff is also dam hard to reseal and store. This is a better choice for small repairs as it includes all three and also might not be usable there after. You can get por 15 in silver and I think white also now.
Fair enough. Did not realize link was for entire kit. As i understand por15 without the extras works best on rusty metal where it has something to cling to.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5599 posts
1709 upvotes
Cornwall PE
cartfan123 wrote:
Jun 26th, 2015 9:29 am
For people out Whitby / Durham way...you can pick up a small tin of Rust Bullet Automotive for about $17.50 plus tax.

Just another option if it's a small area.

http://www.kapcor.ca/Order/Order.htm

Edit here's a good read of how to apply this stuff

http://www.kapcor.ca/Application/RB%20A ... deline.pdf
Looks interesting, thanks.
The eastwood company also has their variant of rust control.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2027 posts
261 upvotes
Canada
Has anyone tried this stuff for fixing rust issues (surface + near rust thru) around the wheel-welds on the quarter panels? How did it work out at the end?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5599 posts
1709 upvotes
Cornwall PE
As good as it gets for surface rusts. If used properly it is sealed as good as new.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1230 posts
136 upvotes
Brooklin
cartfan123 wrote:
Jun 26th, 2015 9:29 am
For people out Whitby / Durham way...you can pick up a small tin of Rust Bullet Automotive for about $17.50 plus tax.

Just another option if it's a small area.

http://www.kapcor.ca/Order/Order.htm

Edit here's a good read of how to apply this stuff

http://www.kapcor.ca/Application/RB%20A ... deline.pdf
They don't sell it there anymore when I called the number on their website.
- Where Br★★klin At -
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1385 posts
460 upvotes
London
Bought some this weekend at Canadian Tire for $60+tax. Might have been a cheaper source, but wanted this long weekend to do it.

I have a 2000 cavilier with 130,000km km on it. Have some rust along the lower edge of both doors.

I wish they had the silver, but have to buy the black and put silver on top of it.

I only used about a third of the can. It seems to go along way. Read the instructions and WEAR gloves. It seems awesome. I wish I had known about it years ago.

I actually thought about painting the entire car with it. You need to put some type of top coat over it since it says it is UV sensitive.

I wish I was better at applying spray paint. I suck at it and can see lines, sort of looks blotchy. But that is okay, at least she doesn't look so ghetto rusty anymore.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2027 posts
261 upvotes
Canada
Drakestar wrote:
Sep 6th, 2015 7:31 pm
Bought some this weekend at Canadian Tire for $60+tax. Might have been a cheaper source, but wanted this long weekend to do it.

I have a 2000 cavilier with 130,000km km on it. Have some rust along the lower edge of both doors.

I wish they had the silver, but have to buy the black and put silver on top of it.

I only used about a third of the can. It seems to go along way. Read the instructions and WEAR gloves. It seems awesome. I wish I had known about it years ago.

I actually thought about painting the entire car with it. You need to put some type of top coat over it since it says it is UV sensitive.

I wish I was better at applying spray paint. I suck at it and can see lines, sort of looks blotchy. But that is okay, at least she doesn't look so ghetto rusty anymore.

Any before/after pictures? Would be interested to see how it turned out.