• Jan 18th, 2006 1:07 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2005
1635 posts
1 upvote

The Porsche Cayman S

Hey guys I don't know if you might know but Porsche is about to introduce there new carline it's called the Cayman S. The New Cayman S is a cross in between the Boxster and the 911 and the price rage is about the same, it's really is Boxster but in a Coupe version. Anyways what I have seen it's going to be a crazy car and it looks sick.

Here is a Video of the Cayman S on Top Gear enjoy!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... q=top+gear
33 replies
Oct 11, 2004
741 posts
2 upvotes
Mariano_Deals wrote:Hey guys I don't know if you might know but Porsche is about to introduce there new carline it's called the Cayman S. The New Cayman S is a cross in between the Boxster and the 911 and the price rage is about the same, it's really is Boxster but in a Coupe version. Anyways what I have seen it's going to be a crazy car and it looks sick.

Here is a Video of the Cayman S on Top Gear enjoy!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... q=top+gear
Thanks for sharing, but I would still prefer the drop top Boxster than the Cayman. Prehaps we can call this the poor man 911. ;)
Simple is nice.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2005
1717 posts
1 upvote
oh this car is new? Played with it in NFS:MW, seemed decent (after mods lol).
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2005
1635 posts
1 upvote
Yep that is the New Car Porsche has coming out this month, when I first saw pics around this time last year I didn't like it all but I guess you have to see the car in person.
Jun 12, 2003
946 posts
49 upvotes
Markham
thank god there's top gear on google video~

one of my favoriate....during work :twisted:
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4952 posts
1086 upvotes
ugly.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."
Nov 21, 2004
761 posts
1 upvote
Very smart marketing strategy by Porsche. The intial tuning of the Cayman S was to outperform the base 911, however since Porsche didn't want the Cayman to be 'better' than the famous 911, they tuned it down. Its a beautiful car nonetheless, however given the choice I'd still take a drop-top Boxster S over the Cayman S. The Cayman has some hints of the Hyundai Tiburon in terms of styling.
Mar 19, 2003
664 posts
310 upvotes
gotta love top gear, u only buy a boxter if u cant afford a 911. The new coxter is now "cheap man's 911"...and the boxter is the "cheap el cheapo's 911"...lol

but personally, the only porsche models i would consider, is the carrera 4s and turbos...just b/c of the front and rear bumpers
Feb 9, 2003
378 posts
5 upvotes
i like it, but the pricing is all wrong. when cayman's start hitting the market as used cars their pricing will fall like a rock.
Nov 21, 2004
761 posts
1 upvote
I don't understand why people say Boxsters are "a poor man's porsche". Sure its the lowest model of the Porsche lineup, but can the people making the statements afford a Porsche Boxster S brand new? Fully optioned they go over 100,000$! Even a base boxster brand new is quite expensive. However if you look to buy a used base boxster that's a few years old, sure you can have it for cheaper. Hell the base boxster is still considered one of the best handling cars on the road. A good boxster driver can own 911 drivers on the twisties.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2003
4466 posts
6 upvotes
Of all names they had to choose Cayman :confused:
Why are hurricanes named after women? When they come they are wet and wild but when they leave they take your house AND your car.
Banned
May 5, 2005
13286 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
It's a tribute to inventor, Dean Caymen.
Joe Zawinul
1932 - 2007
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2003
7931 posts
48 upvotes
Burnaby
Pete00 wrote:I don't understand why people say Boxsters are "a poor man's porsche". Sure its the lowest model of the Porsche lineup, but can the people making the statements afford a Porsche Boxster S brand new? Fully optioned they go over 100,000$! Even a base boxster brand new is quite expensive. However if you look to buy a used base boxster that's a few years old, sure you can have it for cheaper. Hell the base boxster is still considered one of the best handling cars on the road. A good boxster driver can own 911 drivers on the twisties.
umm 911 is still better than boxster no matter what

and even if im willing to spend that much on a car, i would rather get a miata or S2000 over the boxster
Dec 12, 2005
103 posts
1 upvote
Emancipated wrote:It's a tribute to inventor, Dean Caymen.

WHAT?! That's incorrect. What inventor? No "inventor" is by that name at Porsche.

Cayman is a reptile..... or should I say, Caiman.... It is a species of crocodile.

you can google Caiman and reptile to see what a Caiman is. You can also google Cayman... and it will bring up info in regards to the reptile
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8488 posts
1291 upvotes
Brampton
I dunoo but i actually like it ;)

Its always better to own a porsche to a honda or mazda. Just my own opinion
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2003
7931 posts
48 upvotes
Burnaby
Badman wrote:I dunoo but i actually like it ;)

Its always better to own a porsche to a honda or mazda. Just my own opinion
so you can pay the extra extra premium for the maintenance and repairs?

S2000 is one of the best sports cars in terms of reliability, fun factor and overall appeal

miata gets the best fun factor and most bang for the buck

with boxster, you are paying a lot more yet you wont get much more back compared to S2000
Deal Addict
May 14, 2002
1975 posts
40 upvotes
Mississauga
Evil Techie wrote:so you can pay the extra extra premium for the maintenance and repairs?

S2000 is one of the best sports cars in terms of reliability, fun factor and overall appeal

miata gets the best fun factor and most bang for the buck

with boxster, you are paying a lot more yet you wont get much more back compared to S2000
That's very subjective, to me no car with laughable torque (like s2000) is a fun car or overall appeal car. To me NSX is the only honda with a fun factor to it.
Nov 21, 2004
761 posts
1 upvote
Evil Techie wrote:umm 911 is still better than boxster no matter what

and even if im willing to spend that much on a car, i would rather get a miata or S2000 over the boxster
Depends what your priorities are. The Boxster and Boxster S can and will outhandle any 911, only to be blown away on a straightaway.

If you'd rather a Mazda Miata over a Porsche....well all the power to you...
The prestige alone of owning a Porsche is worth the price difference. Also they are saying the S2000 has seen the end of its production in 2007. At the end of the day, an S2000 is still a Honda, and a Boxster is a Porsche. Mind you I have nothing against the S2000, in fact was even considering purchasing one.

Porsche is the most successful car company in the world. They must be doing something right.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
Boxster S > S2000 > base model Boxster

as far as the Coxster goes... i'd rather spend my money on a 350Z Track Coupe and use the extra $35,000 on better things, like mods :twisted:

to me, the best iteration of a Porsche to date (aside from the mega-buck Carerra GT), was the last generation 911 GT3 model. purist car to the extreme, or the GT2 if you wanted a twin-turbochaged monster. a used example is prolly in the same price range or a bit more than a new Cayman S, and the 911 GT3 would easily be my choice if i were to only spend that much moolah on a Porsche.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2004
1142 posts
4 upvotes
a local is selling his 1999 gt3 for 60K....now to convince my parents
I hope Life isn't one big joke because I don't get it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)