None
Sep 26, 2009
55 posts
12 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario

is this possible? BB PM FS then $20 Coupon

Hai there!

I'm curious regarding this situation.

Someone posted a FS recipt from a PM with Sig Electronics (they paid $25.49) and I'm planning to take that recipt to BB to PM the difference for the item ($74.99 on their BB website) and then use a $20 coupon. So then in essence I could get an item valued around $75 for under $10.

Now am I just dreaming about this or is it possible as I've scaned over the PMing policy and the coupon is from being a BB rewards member and it doesn't have any fine print regarding "can not be combined with..."

I am prepared to spend around 30 mins to debate with CSR or manager if I don't get a PM.

However, being a complete newb regaring PM and being a freshmen at uni (age factor) I have mixed thoughts upon this...can anyone enlighten me?
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
I guess it really depends on the coupon and the rep you talk to. Generally speaking, BB will reject this by claiming that the coupon will be applied to their price before PM instead of @ the PM price because you cannot use the coupon at the location you are PMing (i.e. you can't get that price at the competitor).

Additionally, virtually every coupon that BB prints will have something that states "Cannot be combined with other offers" or something similar to that. PMing can be considered as an "offer" which then voids the coupon.

With that said, some reps won't know about this or don't care enough to deal with it and just let you use the coupon... so it kinda depends on your luck.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
1012 posts
209 upvotes
They won't let you do that... it's against the policy as stated above! Also most CSR's won't PM a receipt... it needs to advertised somewhere!

"Simply present us with your original Best Buy or BestBuy.ca sales receipt, along with proof that the item you bought is being advertised at a lower price. Once our staff verifies that the item is in stock and available for immediate sale and delivery at the advertised price, you will receive your refund."

If you can show them the website and it's in stock... they'll PM no problem!

P.S. I do work at BB and I recently got a customer trying to PM Assassins Creed for PS3 at 4.99 by saying a friend of his from BC got it and he sent me his receipt... I laughed at his face and told him where he ACTUALLY got it from.
Sep 26, 2009
55 posts
12 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
ahh i see, thank you.

Regarding the coupon the terms on the coupon states:
"CAn be used at any Best Buy retail store however cannot yet be used for purchases at BestBuy.ca Not redeemable for cash, no change will be given back on redemption. Valid on in-stock items only. No rainchecks. Not valid on prior purchases or as payment on your Best Buy credit card. Redeemable upon demand uptil expiration date shown on this certificate, at which time the certificate expires. Certificate value is 1/100 or 1 cent. Must present membership card when redeeming this certificate. No cash refunds. Certificate will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or expired. Delivered by Best Buy to your current Reward Zone (TM) account address."

So I don't think theres an issue combining a PM with the coupon?

Along with getting it to PM I do have a print out of the website of Sig Electronics with the address and store locations so holycow if you could further explain to me if this would be okay?

I do understand it is luck related like GVRtrader had mentioned but arggh I want to get this Microsoft Arc mouse on a student budget.

As I remember correctly someone had mentioned to me during frosh week.
"As a student dollaramas are your best friend"

Even so at the end of the day if I'm unable to "beat" the system I guess I would have to pay $30 or so for the mouse.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
1012 posts
209 upvotes
Reward Zone "coupon" (real-term Certificate) that you get when you redeem your RZ Points and other coupons are different! Reward Zone ones you can use them anytime, no limitations (with PM as well). Other coupons like the Pizza Pizza ones unfortunately... no.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
First of all, Bestbuy does not match receipts. I tried it a few weeks ago and it does not work.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
I know you are trying to PM the Microsoft Arc mouse that Sigelectronics has for $29.99. Show them the original ad on the website.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19792 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
carmaster wrote: First of all, Bestbuy does not match receipts. I tried it a few weeks ago and it does not work.
Again, it depends on the Store/CSR. I've done it twice this year.

RFD's needs to remember...

Whenever you PM, it's YMMV.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)